Virtue and Moir #38: Simply Timeless

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I'm not being mean to paraplues, I'm simply saying that it's tiresome that people keep bringing DW into this thread. It's enough having to hear about their crappy dances elsewhere, must we keep the monotone here too? Let's forget about DW. Who cares if she's nice or not? Do you? Enough with the pointless rivalry. In the end, we know who will be remembered years from now. Let's focus on the positive things VM can do now, like IP said.

2. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

skatemomaz is watching us all and reading every comment in this thread ready to give out negative reps and nasty comments when the subject pertains to D/W :sekret: :scream:

3. elle123

elle123 Member

You are correct; however, MissJD is most likely referring to the warnings of legal repurcussions that certain FSUers have received.

4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Some people seem to be more into hating DW instead of appreciating VM. How exhausting.

Stars on Ice is around the corner. We could talk about that?

5. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I am totally with you. I love Scott and think they are extremely well matched, but no one matches Tessa is terms of dance ability. She moves better than anyone else...she is so involved, so organic. And yes, I absolutely think they were robbed of that second gold. I have never seen a better ice dance team and they skated brilliantly in Sochi. How lucky we were to have witnessed it (especially you, sakura! I hope you had a wonderful time watching the dance event live :) )

Thank you for this lovely post :)

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

6. elle123

elle123 Member

Yes, I agree! Can't wait to see the new EX numbers. Shall we put together dream song choices we want them to dance to?

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Only after Wyliefan will stop to play in police in this thread. This crazy couldnt left us after there idols got all there fans want for them

8. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

Great idea! :)

I would loooooove it if they would dance to Sigur Ros. They are the only ones, who could take that kind of music on the ice and make it work.

9. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

My post wasn't directed at any specific posters, just my general sentiments. No intention to call anyone out (except my love for IP!)

As for EXs I'd like to see, they're all slow songs! :) Someone mentioned earlier they wanted to see something upbeat, but I looove their beautiful lyrical programs! I'll take a tango or a paso ex for sure. They can re-use that awesome flippy lift from Farracus! El Tango de Roxanne would be awesome.

10. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I think like the song says "they keep looking for love in all the wrong places". :lol:

11. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Because to some of us the world isn't just black and white. We can have a favorite team but still appreciate another team's qualities, respect their tremendous career, and even like that team and be interested in what they're going to be up to now.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

You are interesting just in what people are talking in this thread about DW and wish people in VM thread talk about how they are happy for DW and how they are much better, then VM.
    Sorry, but i feel uncomfartable now even in this thread with all that DW fans commin with lection.
    I even cant read this thread during OG because off all trolls

13. blueglass

blueglass New Member

It's actually quite odd that they would waste their time in a VM thread when they so actively dislike them. Their constant presence here suggests a need for affirmation as well as a certain paranoid behaviour. Consider who the lectures are coming from, it makes it easier to ignore them.

14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Personally, I like V/M very much. I think many D/W ubers, and ubers of other teams, like them as well. They're brilliant and beautiful skaters.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, thats why kind DW fans all time talking about Tessa weight, Scott bad personality (even discuss this with Rutherford by twitter), regression, boring ect. In SS all the tome you are talking anout crazy VM ubers, when people in this thread talked abour steps, levels ect.
    O, please, respect VM and there fans, who never cross the line in DW thread and didnt tell you, what you need to do.
    Like TAT said after TS SD - let us love, who we want tp love. And from me - and left us along, enjoy your own moment, because it could be last.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I listened to some of VM's interview on The Morning Show. Scott commented that as Canadians they were taught to keep their distance from the officials. Now that's interesting - presumably that's the doing of SC. (The comment was in response to a question about a judge seen hugging one of the skaters he'd just judged.) They also talked about their sport being plagued by the problem of behind the scenes manipulation of results (my words), but that they still felt if they skated well enough they wouldn't be denied. (Tessa's words.)

17. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Really? After everything that was said during the Olympics about making accusations like this?

You can indeed say that you think Meryl is snobby or whatever.

But what some of you are doing is accusing them of illegal and unethical behavior; that's not the same thing. Anything that can damage their professional reputations IS potentially libelous.

As for D&W fans entering this thread--if they aren't trashing V&M in this thread, then they aren't trolling. I don't care what they say elsewhere or if they participate in the D/W thread--respond to what they say here. Or don't. Your choice.

And for you D/W fans or people who are here to chide the V&M fans--why are you here? If you think that people in this thread are posting things that violate the rules, there is a Report Post button just for such purposes.

18. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

I am NOT an uber, am a fan of both teams, I am sick of your nasty negativity. Welcome to ignore.

BTW rep is not discussed in the forums, acquaint yourself with the forum rules.

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Trolling is allow at FSU?

20. Prancer

21. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Because we don't want to overburden busy admins? :) We were just having a conversation, and I didn't think anyone was breaking rules, so I didn't think the "Report Post" button was necessary.

As I said, I like V/M. I would like to be able to read their thread and post in it sometimes. I wish I could do so without seeing lots of disparagement of D/W, but we can't always have what we want. However, if I do happen to see something that I disagree with, I might say something about it, as I would in any other thread. But that doesn't mean I just came here specifically to chide people. If I gave that impression, I'm sorry for it.

skatemomaz and (deleted member) like this.
  22. kirbs

kirbs New Member

23. Prancer

In just about any other thread on the board, that would be considered a reasonable response.

And for most of the people in this thread, that's probably a reasonable response. But there are people in this thread who seem to need an enemy in order to make their lives complete; it's always the same few posters and it's always the same crap. I really wish they would take the advice of some of their fellow posters in this thread and start a war thread where they could exchange accusations and insults with other posters to their hearts' content. Barring that, suspensions are usually good for a few days of peace.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Wyliefan, you are thw first who name people in this thread crazy and all time post this in SS. I understand, thats how you show respect and your love.
    Now you are in my ignore list with Prancer. I didnt post in other treads for not bothering other FSU members, hope they arw not bothering reas your posts. Buy!

25. Prancer

Posters can't put admins on Ignore, which means that your entire claim is now rather suspicious.

But I will be happy to give you a two-week vacation to think about such things if you continue to post about this after being told to DROP IT NOW.

Clear enough?

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, i didnt notice you are admin.
    Could you bann person with pay sibscribtion? If yes, you need to gave some money back :)
    Feel free to do what you want to do.

27. Prancer

Thank you for the unnecessary permission.

If you think the fact that you have a sub makes you somehow invincible, think again. If you are banned, you get your remaining sub money back. If you are suspended, I don't know what happens, and I don't care. You can take it up with SHARPIE. It has certainly never stopped us from banning or suspending anyone before.

And that's it for this matter; move on or move out for a while.

28. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Was my post Libelous? Because I did say it was a rumor and to me when someone says "rumor" they mean it is not true or dubious.
    Back to VM - I found this Gala videos from fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1JJKXF3PQ

29. Prancer

You can indeed say that you think Meryl is snobby or whatever.

I'm not a lawyer. I cannot advise you on such issues with any authority. But an obvious opinion is one thing; spreading damaging untruths, however, is another. If it isn't untrue, well, you're golden--truth is generally an absolute defense. But don't really have good reasons to think something is true AND what you are saying can damage a person's professional reputation--well, you can judge for yourself how much of a risk you are willing to take.

A lot of people involved in skating read this board. The things you post can get back to the people you are posting about. You are in charge of whether what you post will make the person who hears them happy or angry.

30. chmea

chmea New Member

prancer, are you working in the client retention department at Blackberry or Enron ?:rofl::rofl:

Pani, you have been a loyal VM fan here and if someone wants to kick you out, then I'm with you all the way :respec: