Virtue and Moir #38: Simply Timeless

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Mar 3, 2014.

1. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't know. In the reality show they said Kate lives in London, but just comes to visit Tessa.
    Thanks. On twitter it seems they performed their encore to the Japanese songs. From earlier reports it seems like the costumes they're wearing here are from Into the Mystic.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/0d235f7b7a51bea1fc7341036f02666e/tumblr_n3x5keEF171re9m46o1_1280.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/ec6a4bc321d964d8ff3d0a701de7879b/tumblr_n3x5ziFyzU1t4uo7lo1_1280.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kup1G6E.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Dti4oa9.jpg

3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks Shay great pics.
    Love the men in black!

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks to quiqie http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...bite-the-throat-Well-she-is-Scheherazade-quot.

5. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

If this translation is correct, then I am still maintaining that the person posing the questions is ill-informed OR someone handed them the "wrong script" of information. I am referring specifically to this
    In what reality has Marina been with D/W three years longer than V/M? Everything I have read in previous years has always stated that V/M were training at least a couple of years with Marina before she took on D/W. Who has changed the narrative? and why?

From Icenetwork --
    That is NOT 13 years with Marina but 8. Neither were they 13 at that time as one person suggested to me. In the fall of 2006, Meryl would have already been 19 and Charlie would have been 18 almost 19 (his birthday is in October).

OTOH, V/M have been with Marina for 10 years, having been with her since 2004-05 season (this article doesn't quite pinpoint the exact date). That would have put them at ages 15 (Tessa) and 17 (Scott).

So again, I have to wonder. Did someone not bother to do their homework? Did Marina not really listen to the question or did she not choose to correct how long she was coach to each of these pairings? For as much as I have respected Marina and her work, to me this just adds to the list of slights by this woman. It's like she put V/M under the bus last season and then took this season to run them over a few times. I find this incredible considering she has been coach to what is likely the best dance couple she will likely ever coach.

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Deb, Marina is nuts. I think she thinks Tessa and Scott blame her because she came across as a bit defensive when she said she did everything she could for them. I hope they never talk to her again. It's interesting that when they went to pack up their things they made sure she wouldn't be there.

7. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

Is it true that Zoueva spat in the face of Elena Tchaikovskaya when she was her student? I have read this a few times in the past but cannot confirm this is true or not.

8. cgirl8

cgirl8 Member

9. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I think, it's sad that the relationship between Tessa& Scott and Marina became so sour, especially since they stayed with her, because of their special relationship.
    Anyway, so any chance Tessa & Scott would continue? There are other coaches out there and I would die for them doing a Paso Doble SD.

10. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

She choreographed for D/W when they were with their previous coach. That's what she means by "with", doing any work and not just being the main coach. She says the same about Kozuka, even though he has never trained with her, only had choreography.

11. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

About 0% IMO.

Having said that, I wouldn;t be that surprised if they tried to come back for 2018 after a few years off. The field isn't particularly strong.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

I wonder how much of the answers Zoueva is giving is actually true. The answer about Meryl not being tall enough for ice dancing is complete bullshit. Her height did not hold them back, the lack of skills held her back. Is she not allowed to say that?

14. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

We'll probably have to wait till CSOI. I especially wanna see the silk hats one. Dara (their Japanese fan) keeps saying how amazing it is--they performed it again at the Sunday show.

Tweets from Dara:

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks, Shayii! Look like Dara saw every show :)

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

18. puglover

puglover Active Member

Just one thing I noted from the interview with Marina - where she discussed how hard D&W had to work to to get the latin rhythm. Tessa's body moves so amazing to that rhythm and she and Scott were so convincing both in that free dance and then the next year the short dance - so hot - how could they ever place second - I never could understand that.

19. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

For me that was the first major sign the tide turned against them and it was no longer about the programs or the skating because there is no way in hell they should have been in the same ballpark as D&W's latin SD....

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I had felt at that time that they didn't want to give it to them because that was in effect their only competition.
    I think they ice turned when they did Carmen. That was so superior .....I mean night and day superior and yet it was grossly under marked.

21. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

I was talking about their latin SD. The latin FD was easily accepted at the time because it was their first competition and for some reason you can't win that way. In hindsight it was a much better program but whatever, it's history I guess.

And yes, Carmen is where I lost all hope.

22. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yes, I too was talking about their Latin FD which I see as a triumph.
    Tessa particularly was amazing ...

23. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

V/M really outdid themselves in the last four years. Yet they got silver instead of gold. We are lucky to see so many wonderful programs, and be the crazy branch to support the pair dumped by not only the judges but their own coaches.

24. The Observer

The Observer New Member

If Tessa & Scott have sold their condos in Michigan and moved back to Canada, it certainly sounds like their relationship with Marina is over.

So in the unlikely event they decide to continue competitive skating, it would likely be with a different coach!

25. puglover

puglover Active Member

It is an interesting state of affairs going forward in ice dance. Many have argued that the success of V&M and D&W began with the early start they both got skating with their partner. They had such a great sense of where the other was on the ice. Now we have two of the top Russian teams changing partners at a rather late date - I&K after winning Olympic medals. I can't help but wonder how quickly they will rise in the rankings. Is the longevity of the partnership such a huge asset or can these talented skaters overcome what many would think of as a disadvantage? It will be great to watch.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It will be interesting, but VM started when the field was very strong and could won OGM, when now they fild is vey poor, so new teams will have a chance to won a medals IMHO. I am not talking about quality of skating or dancing, but about medals.
    I ballroom dancing they are very often changing patners and still won medals.

27. puglover

puglover Active Member

Good point pani.

28. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

Since S/K moved to Marina now, I wonder how well they will do. Remember, when V/M or D/W first moved to her, Igor was around and in charge of the technique part. Now Igor is gone, I'm not so sure about Marina's ability to build up a new team in the term of techniques.

29. puglover

puglover Active Member

I have cared so passionately about V&M all these years - if they do not continue - one thing I will look forward to is seeing how all of this works out. We will see what Marina can do.

30. Bue

Bue Active Member

Yup, that is a good point. Although I really liked I/K, the I/K-S/Z shakeup has at least injected some excitement into next season. I've got a reason to tune in now.