Virtue and Moir #32: Straight From the Heart

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by CatherineC, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

thank you shayii.

thank you ddtpdx. i've included that link in the video section.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

That is my dream for them--to move to Anjelika. I am so impressed with what she is able to bring out of her students, and I think she would be the perfect person to help I&K with any discipline and motivation issues.

As for this season, I think their FD has a lot of potential. I love a lot of their positions, and how they work with this music. I look forward to seeing how this program is received by the judges and witnessing how they grow with this program throughout the season.

So far France has the best set of Olympic and Paralympic outfits I have seen.

http://www.luxuo.com/events/lacoste-olympic-outfitter-french-team.html

They are beautifully cut, with the exception of the dropped crotch pants. Lacoste did a beautiful job. The team Canada outfits are okay...I really like the red duffle coats (I think the toggle front is so cute and unexpected for an Olympic+Paralympic team coat) and the puffer coat is cute as well, but the rest of the pieces are just kinda blah to me, and I really don't like the loud 'Canada' across the front of practically everything. I wish they had taken the more subtle approach of team France.

Thanks, Misha! can't wait to explore the new stuff on the blog!
    And thanks so much for the links, MissJD, lety, ddtpdx, and everyone else who provided them!

3. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

I agree that Elena Ilinykh should be added to the list of best female dancers. Both she and Nikita are indeed a great example of natural raw talent. I realize that immediately post Vancouver no one (least of all myself) expected them to come out the gates flying and competing for a world medal. I think the Russian Federation learned a lesson from how they handed DomShabs but honestly with their talent they should have been farther along at this point than they are now. I keep hoping that one day it would just click with them and they finally start to do what they need to in order to be seen as a team who can return Russia to the world and Olympic podiums. Now I just try to enjoy their programs and not raise my expectations too high. One day......

pani, think of it this way. If Tessa and Scott had gone to the unveiling of the Olympic uniforms then it would have been used against them again; they would have been accused of not working as hard as the other teams.

4. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Hi iggie! I don't know your email so I hope you read this here... I have posted many photos from SC of SD, FD, EX and Practice.. on my thread... you can take it for your blog from here http://fenice.forumcommunity.net/?t=54782177&st=1065#entry388224556

Even more photos on the following pages :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. morqet

morqet Active Member

Speaking of Ilinykh/Katsalapov, I've been meaning to link these interviews over here for a while because they say lots of nice things about Tessa & Scott:

http://кома...isoy-khochetsya-glubokoy-dramaticheskoy-roli/
    http://кома.../interview/khochu-byt-nastoyashchim-muzhikom/

Translation:

Elena: "I'm madly in love with Tessa & Scott. Their relationship seems so easy. They are an incredibly skillful and charasmatic duo.[...] For Nikita, Scott is is idol, and I want to emulate Tessa [...] They are one in a unique shell. Tessa is the perfect woman in a partnership."

Nikita about Scott: "The most important thing that he does is show how a man should be on this ice. I have no words for it. It's not a fight, it's not acting, he just goes and does what no one else can. [...] I try not to want to copy everything he does, we should find our own style, but he is my idol."

And when the interviewer asked about working with Scott & Tessa as coach or choreographer after they retire: "Of course, all my limbs would say yes! That would be very cool, I think."

6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I also think I&K are diamonds that need to be honed a bit. I think everyone got the impression from some interviews that they were lazy but who really knows what happens. They have immense potential and are a stunning team when it comes to good looks.
    I noticed he has had some difficulty lifting her in the past so better training and choreo will certainly help.

I hated last year's program.

7. sequins

sequins New Member

Who didn't? Aside from Morozov maybe, and then I'm not even sure;).

This years FD looks like it could be a winner. With what B/S are putting out there:yikes: it might be a role reversal this season. Agree that I/K have all the potential in the world they just have to realize it and want it or it'll be a sad waste. If V/M D/W do retire after this season the ice dance 'order' is going to become very interesting indeed.

8. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thanks for those, morqet!

so did I...it was really tough for me to watch them get saddled with that FD. Thankfully, this year is another story :)

*Ice Princess*, I always enjoy looking through the photos you have collected. Thanks :)

9. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Thank you for bringing this over! and Ia Tessa is perfect :D I always found Scott feminine and gentle especially how he holds Tessa. It is sweet and romantic.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

For me this will be sad years after this OG. Bur it will be interesting competitin before judges will not show who are there favorites.
    Nobody touch my soul, like could VM, when they skating music, but this will save my nervouse for sure :D

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

How is being sweet, romantic or gentle equate to being feminine in a man? Lol. Not all men are brutish (even if they might look it).

Love the Elena and Nikita quotes. Wouldn't that be something if Tessa and Scott end up coaching and IK are their students. (Based on their closeness in age I doubt that would ever happen).

12. snowball88

snowball88 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm Kristiina, and I've been a long time reader of these V&M threads and been loving the conversations that you guys have here! So in honor of this Olympic season I'd thought I'd join in, although I don't know if I'll ever have anything sensible to say, but we'll see.. At least so far I'm loving T&S's new programmes and their new outfits :)

Anyhow, I'm going to TEB this year for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to meet Tessa and Scott there, and if you have, where? I know it's a long shot of me ever meeting them, but that is a dream of mine that I'm hoping could some day come true :)

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

You are welcom!
    I think usually fans met skaters between gala practice and gala near Bercy.
    But i am not sure. Some fans went to official hotel after competitions and could met skaters there

14. Happy123

Happy123 New Member

Hi Kristiina (one i?)! Lucky lucky you!

15. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Thank you for this morqet! I've definitely thought about this. I love I/K. If Tessa and Scott decide to retire (yes, I am still holding out hope!), I really would love for them to work with I/K. I don't know that they would want to be full time coaches to a top team right out of the gate, but I/K are so talented and could benefit a lot from even a few sessions with them! As a matter of fact, they should consult with all of the Russian teams. Zhulin needs to call them in for M/K too.

And welcome Kristina! I really hope you get to meet them! Good luck!

16. parapluies

Praying that Tessa and Scott can save them from Morozov :D (even if i don't think Tessa will go into choreography - Scott will though I see him becoming a choreographer like Chris Dean :))

17. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thank you so much! Nikita's mancrush on Scott is just adorable... there was another interview where Nikita says Scott is the man, the pillar, the rock, and one where he says Scott guards Tessa like an antique vase... it just goes on and on. I am collecting them and they will be on iggie's site eventually. :)

Could you please also translate the part where Elena talked about what it was like to train in Canton? thanks.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think Scott was clear with he could be coaching, but choreo isnt his strong point.
    And i dont know what to say about Scott feminine. For me he had stroner man chemistry then others.
    I think will be good if Tessa and Scott will be coaching Delmaestro Lam. This boy have so much passion and energy.

19. parapluies

Sorry! I meant feminine in a good way!

20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I don't think feminine is the right word but Scott is very gentle with his partner and is also elegant himself... sort of like Patrice Lauzon.

21. parapluies

Perhaps it isn't the right word... but since we're on the topic of Scott Check what Skate Canada posted on twitter! https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/395988780999376896 Happy Halloween everyone! :hat1: Is he supposed to be dressed as Eyore?

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

OMG, how cute! Yeah I think that's Eeyore.

23. blueglass

blueglass New Member

The commentators don't seem very enthusiastic about V/M's SD, saying WP's is on par and DW's is better. I'm quite surprised because I thought it was the best SD to date. Anyone want to comment?

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Since Finlandia i have impression all there artisic work hard to see at the arena. That faciall expressions look better on big screen.
    And this SD so difficult, that VM didnt have space to gain big speed. They go with the music yes, but we know judges and audience love speed and power.But from marks i see, that judges appriciate all this hard transitions and without mistkes they will be close to the fight for first place.
    And after all they had mistakes. Scott said about mistakes in Finnstepp. So maybe when they skate it better, British Eurosport commentators will like it more.
    And you know, they often change there minds during season :D

25. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

The British Eurosport guys are, in general, both fairly clueless and wishy-washy.

26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Well, Simon is. Nicky, though? He knows his stuff. Sure, ice dance is not exactly a forte of his even though he was an ice dancer LOL, but he isn't clueless. I think the SD is the best we have seen this season.

ETA: I keep forgetting the other one, is it Chris? He's not bad either. I admit that I like Nicky's commentary.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I want to add. I like Latin CDs in Nice, but before WCh - didnt.
    And the way TS skated Latin SD at WCh show how great SD could be. The only problem was Latin FD was better, because didnt had pattern dance. :D
    So i have hope VM will skate this SD this way when they need to do and we could enjoy this dance without any questions.

28. Golightly

Exactly. When the short program is skated like this, it is pretty great.

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I can never tell Nicky, Chris, and Simon's voices apart...

30. Golightly

Simon is the one who says that Tessa looks like Katy Perry, Nicky is the one who said she was the best Carmen he's ever seen, Chris (is it Chris? Was with Nicky at Worlds or one of the big competitions Simon missed last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.