Virtue and Moir #32: Straight From the Heart

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by CatherineC, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/Marisa_Tridel/status/395237664234176512

What is Indigo Yonge and Eglinton, guys?

And if you notice Weaver improvement, why didnt you see for example how Hubble skating is better, then her?

Sorry, but i never read something like "CB were hightlites of competitions, where DW competed", "CB were better, then DW"/
    And i think its good and i respect USA FD fans for this.

2. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

3. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Indigo is a Canadian mega bookstore, like Barnes and Noble in the USA. Yonge and Eglinton are two major streets in Downtown Toronto. Maybe they will be signing their book (I doubt there is a new one)?

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!

5. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I think anytime W/P's choreography is a latin or a sultry program, it highlights Andrew's skills and on-ice presence and they get really high marks. When it doesn't, they don't.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Disagree. They got high marks in SD too, which I like, but want to see more freedom in body moves during dancing parts.

7. Bue

Bue New Member

Who is saying that Kaitlyn has got worse?! But I am not sure there are many female ice dancers who are as good as Andrew.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

She talked about me. And don't get me wrong, I never said she didn't improve.
    It will be very interesting to see what happened in China. I think USA want to made there second.team.closer.to the leaders too, France want medal at OG so bad and Russia is under pressure for get medal at home OG.
    So who will win a battle?

9. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

You misunderstood me. I meant that some people say that Kaitlyn is still much worse than Andrew and/or other top female ice dancers, not that she is worse now than she was before.

I didn't talk just about you - there are other people who say the same (that Kaitlyn is not a very good skater compared to both Andrew and other female ice dancers).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

I think Kaitlyn has improved immensely over the past couple of years. She used to have rather stiff knees & her skating skills were on a much lower level to Andrew's (agree: he's got to be the best male ice dancer -- after Scott, that is). She now skates with way more speed, has soft knees, great edges and way more confidence. Kudos to their coaches!
    Pani, just because W/P are mentioned or are doing PR doesn't mean they are taking anything from Tessa & Scott. T/S are so busy that they're probably relieved for another team to do some of the PR. I love both teams - I say spread the love :) there's more than enough for more than 1 team.

11. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Words of wisdom! The next batch of skaters will get all kinds of hate. One advantage of having the attention on W/P is that Scott and Tessa can quietly do what they need to without added scrutiny.

12. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I thought about what you said, so now I want to comment on this. I think what you call "fake" I call acting. In my opinion, real artists/performers must be able to show different emotions and characters in their programs/performances, not just their own personalities and emotions. Tessa and Scott show real emotions in their 'Seasons' FD because it's about their own lives, but I think they were also acting in 'Carmen', not just showing their own "real" emotions. So you can talk about overacting or exaggerating, but, in my opinion, it's strange to talk about "fake" in relation to performances that are not real life in any case. I didn't write this to defend Weaver/Poje, it's just my general opinion.

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I have never seen hubbell and donaghue before. I was very impressed with the skates.
    There is something about chock that I don't care for its likely just a dislike.
    USamedia is generally more nationalistic. Canadian media is all over the place. In fact Canadian media likes to bend over backwards over others rather than blowing their own horn. It's part of who the country and its people are.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think after scott the top Canadian ice dancer is Poirier.

15. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think Pani means the emotion is forced and over the top and doesn't flow naturally.i actually felt that with je suis malade .

VM emotion is so believable that's why people always question whether they are a couple!

16. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I will take Poje over Poirier any day, but that's just me. :D

17. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Poirier has the best back...

Of course poje is hot!

18. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I think there are better female ice dancers than there are men. Let's see. There is Tessa, who is the best dancer, male or female, out there. Then: Péchalat, Bobrova, Paul, and I'd add Hubbell as well. But in the men's side, there's Scott, who's so far above the rest of the guys. I'd add Alex Shibutani, who's a great skater and dancer, Poje, and more recently, Donohue, who's impressed me this year. Poirier is VERY musical, but he doesn't lead as well as the others, in my opinion. I find him overrated.

19. fanof

fanof New Member

:rofl:

Ilinykh is 1.
    Who Hubbell and Paul?

20. fanof

fanof New Member

:respec: :respec: :respec:
    Ilinykh is a next Grishuk

21. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I agree, but i'd add Ilinykh to the list. I think her edge control is superb. And she has a great sense of movement. Unfortunately I&K have not yet been packaged in a way that would show this off. They are potential superstars, imo.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  22. Golightly

I think the main issue with I-K is that they have ALL this talent, but often I feel they lack enough drive to hone that talent. I so wish Krylova took this team.

23. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

That is my grief with I/K as well. They do have all of the raw talent, but it's not being developed to its full potential.

24. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

the blog's been updated with skate canada info

skate canada videos: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2013/10/skate-canada-2013-videos.html
    skate canada articles: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2013/10/skate-canada-2013-articles.html
    quote from scott: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2013/10/weve-been-lucky-to-have-some-great.html
    quote from tessa: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/2013/10/were-really-pleased-with-that.html

that's all i found personally. i haven't done photos. if someone would like to help me out with that, email me please. it's been two seasons and that's the hardest aspect for me. (and no, i haven't done finlandia yet, but i'm working on it).

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks misha.

26. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Ilinykh looks up to Tessa though :)

27. Golightly

Yeah, and Nikita looks up to Scott :)

28. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

29. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Thanks so much for doing this. Wonderful as always.
    Here is the British Eurosport version of the SD if you wish to also include.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-gCXDqQmo

30. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Blondelena!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.