Virtue and Moir #30 - Labour of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MissJD, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Someone uploaded it on tumblr! yay! http://olyagasanova.tumblr.com/post/62030458741
  2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Dang VM fans are fast! I believe it was only available for like five minutes before it was made private again--sorry PJ lol. Thanks.
  3. munow

munow New Member

Scott is so sexy.
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I, thank you a lot, Olga Gasanova!
    They both look great and Scott like always very funny :)
    It's great it's cool for them to skate on this music, so I think we will see this in there performances. Can't wait to see new costumes
  5. AsianFSFan

AsianFSFan New Member

I see...thanks for clarifying, Cherub721:)

Thanks for this, parapluies!:)
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

And Scott was wrong - look like only Charlie use tuxedo in this season :lol:
  7. Golightly

Golightly New Member

What did they say? I am at work and can't see the video :(
  8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Nothing really. PJ asked if there was anything about Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong's musical chemistry they were trying to convey in the SD. Scott says they're trying to be themselves and there's a coolness about the music that they want to convey and that's where he says he knew there would be a lot of tuxes and gowns with the SD this year and they wanted to go in a different direction (this was a general statement and I don't think he was referring to any teams). Also the Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong CD was the first Marina bought when she came to Canada.
  9. AsianFSFan

AsianFSFan New Member

Soooo...no tux/tails then for Scott :p Darn it, he totally look fantabulous when he wore his tuxedo tails at Worlds 2010 CD:swoon: So did beautiful Tessa with her dress!
  10. Golightly

Golightly New Member

Thanks, Shayii. It is interesting to me how they keep stressing they are doing something different from everybody else. I like that so much. They probably should've done a lot of that last year, I mean, talk about what sets them apart from the rest. But, hey, this year works too.
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

12. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Thank you Shayii, I didn't understand this part! I'm very curious to see the new costumes! Curious to see the "different direction" ^^
  13. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

14. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

15. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

hahaha you are! thanks :)
  16. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Hahahah you're welcome ;) It's a pleasure ;) :)
  17. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, clarie, m_chenning, Cherub721, zilam98, volunteer, Lety, walei, pani, Emdee (welcome back from vacation, btw, and thanks for sharing your impressions from SC and Worlds), CatherineC, The Accordion, Shayii, AsianFSFan, PEZazzz, and iggie. You are very sweet :)

I feel the same way! I am so grateful to interact with so many cool people in here, and I have learned so much from you all about so many different aspects of ice dance. I really wish I had a music background so I found the music education several of you provided us with to be very valuable. I am so happy to be part of this thread community and appreciate getting to share this season with you all:)

That was you?! I love that entry! I especially like how you drew parallels between these two duos, and I just feel like I have a greater appreciation for the music and the dance itself after reading your post. And it was so well written! Thank you so much for doing this and best of luck with your own ice dancing:)

and thanks for the links, parapluies, pani, PEZazzz, and *Ice Princess*.
  18. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Exactly. Excellent posts! Their natural talent and their penchant for making everything look so easy belies the fact that they have worked their butts off to be able to do what they do, and that work has always involved a strong emphasis on actual dance training. Each dance has such a specific style of movement, which V&M always attend to with each new program. And even though they have been known for heir superb technique since they were juniors, they have worked each year to improve it which has given them the freedom in the rest of their bodies to really experiment with different kinds of movement and translate the dances onto the ice. To borrow from m_chenning, V&M=pure skating+pure dancing.
  19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I only wish its recognized that they make the hard look easy!
  20. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Me too. I was really sad the judges were not able to recognize how superb Carmen really was.
  21. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

It used to be that making the difficult look easy scored highly with the judges in ice dancing. It doesn't appear to be that way any longer.
  22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

23. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Wait, what?! Moskvina! She's in Canton? Why? What kind of elements could she have done with them... one little picture, so many questions. ;)

The idea of my all time favorite coach working with V&M on anything is so special and cool, even if it's just a five minute consultation.
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

She was with KS in Canton i think in July. You could see KS with TNM an Zoueva at Ice Academy Site.
    I think they were working on spin. (from those picture)
  27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Isn't that picture old though? I remember seeing it awhile back. And sorry but can I get a little background on Moskvina?
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Photo was made this summer. I didnt saw it before. Sorry, if it was posted before.
  29. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  30. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

In those photos V&M and D&W are doing lifts from last years FD´s so would they be from the previous summer?

eta..I also see photos that are from this summer so ignore me ;)
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Tha photos with DW and VM doing lifts are old, but Moskvina photos is new one, because Smirnov had this hair style only this summer and never before ;)
    And DW and Shibs photo with Houg is new too Plus Marina with young pair teams from China and Davis-Brubaker.
  32. parapluies

33. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

34. pani

pani Well-Known Member

35. parapluies

I don't have a problem with the picture I just wasn't sure because the lifts pictures were old. And I thought it was for Carmen because Carmen had very hard lifts you can see the influence from pairs skating
  36. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Those photos at the top of the page definitely have to be new. They show Marina with Tanith and Ben, whom she worked with this summer as they put together their exhibition programs for Friends on Ice in Japan. Prior to this, B/A hadn't skated in any shows since 2011.

I'm super excited that V/M have been working with Moskvina. :kickass:
  37. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I believe you, pani.:)

It seems the Kavaguti/Smirnov/Moskvina and Tessa/Scott with Moskvina pictures were taken on June 19, 2013. Tessa and Scott doing an element from Carmen was taken on November 5, 2012 by a certain Michael Simari. You can see all this for yourself if you save the pictures in your computer and click 'Properties'.
  38. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I just checked the same thing in Adobe Bridge and was coming back to edit my post.
  39. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

40. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Kharis Ralph and Asher Hill on Tessa and Scott in a new interview:
    source
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.