Virtue and Moir #30 - Labour of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MissJD, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I'll be very interested to see the protocols because that's 9 less than they received at Quebec.

2. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I thought they looked tight, especially Tessa. Wonder what the state of her health is.

They only got 9.08 for SS. Very low.

3. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Agreed. Hoping they perfect it at SC.

4. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It was a performance with mistakes. I wouldn't freak out yet as we've seen it perfectly here in practice. There was the twizzle mistake, they got too close in the straightline which probably affected those levels etc... Considering all that not a terrible score. Obviously not the start they wanted.

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yes this was my impression too. I'm so upset I turned off the stream. I can't watch the rest (not that I was planning on that anyways).

6. walei

walei Well-Known Member

They must lost levels because that TES is very low for them. I don't even want to comment on the PCS anymore.

7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Me too.....so upset

8. sternfunken

sternfunken Member

Maybe that is a stupid question, but isn't it GOOD to be that close in the straight-line?

9. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

even the lift, i felt like either of them could've fallen or dropped the other. the entire performance was shaky. hopefully they make it up in the FD.

10. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

What I meant is they were closer than they were in practices so it might have affected their steps and turns as they tried to adjust that. Will be interesting to see the level on that element.

11. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i thought so too. i think they might've tried to compensate for the distance they had on their first outing, and ended up being too close to each other where they run the risk of hitting/tripping the other

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yes we shouldnt freak out.
    The practices were so good too.

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do now. Sigh…it's not the way I wanted them to start the season.

14. Annizerat

Annizerat New Member

Leaving aside the mistakes, that lift kills for me the last seconds of the program. Of the last twenty seconds of the program I only like the ending pose. I also liked better the another ending of the step sequence, but I guess with more reviews I will get used to the new.

15. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Anyone know the page with the protocols?

16. Fort

Fort New Member

17. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

me tooo.... sigh.......... :angryfire:wall::wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

18. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I just got my Canadians Nats tickets this morning and I'm not even excited anymore just feel down.

20. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Maybe I"m just being optimistic but it seems the judges are being very tough. I know Evan fell on his twizzle but C/B's score are also waaaay below what they were getting at Worlds.

21. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Really? Because I just found out this morning that I have to stay here and won't be able to make it. And even after today's bad outing, I was thrilled to go see my favorite team. Alas.

22. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Some of the names on that panel we could see at the Olympics.

I didn't think C&Bs pattern dance looked good at all.

23. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Whoa. Didn't see the SD -- just reading comments. Did someone get injured? Why is Nats suddenly not worth going to anymore?

24. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Oh come on everyone! Cheer up! This is a huge season to them and they're only human! Of course they're nervous, and they'll make some small mistakes. It's waaayyy too early to be disappointed or upset. No they weren't perfect this time, but that's okay. Imagine being as perfect as they are while under all of that pressure and scrutiny! I have full faith they'll have it together tomorrow!

25. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

I think people forget that this a VERY tricky short dance. The first outing was excellent, but see all the transitioning and ballroom moves involved, not easy. If this program needs to grow slowly, as most V-M programs do, I say it's fine. 67 with mistakes in Finlandia is not the end of the world. It's a long season. We'll see.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sorry just upset and tend to let my emotions get the best of me. Considering I'm going to be spending a lot of money to travel to Canada, I'm still looking forward to Nats.

27. walei

walei Well-Known Member

28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

And it has to be tough (experience or not) to present your programs for the first time to an international panel in a foreign competition.

I have full faith in them. That dance is great and they are more than capable of skating clean, we've already seen them do it.

29. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I was just thinking of that!

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yes i agree on that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.