1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtue and Moir #30 - Labour of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MissJD, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Active Member

2. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

oh dang. they just removed that video :(

3. m_chenning

m_chenning Active Member

4. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

thank you, ice princess! too bad they took out the champagne hands detail at the end of the midline step sequence. small detail, but added immensely to the character and tone of the dance

5. m_chenning

m_chenning Active Member

6. *Ice Princess*

7. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Hmmm I hope they have a new outfit for the SD. The 2011 SD versions are elegant and they have only wore it twice in that season but I rather see something new.

8. *Ice Princess*

Me too :D

9. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Thanks to everyone for posting video links. I love you all, haha. And a super huge thanks to those taking the video! :D Two things: (1) love the new lift (2) YAY! They kept that awesome ending pose!

I'm currently live streaming the Nepela short dances, and I stick by my comment that I overall hate the SDs. (Full disclosure, I am watching those practice vids of v/m in between the teams. A league of their own isn't even strong enough!!) :( P/B will show theirs later today, maybe it'll be entertaining? (I love Fosse!)

Did anyone ever find a link to live streaming of Finlandia for today? The ones I have don't start until tomorrow!

10. *Ice Princess*

YESSS :D Here Yeaaaaah!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :encore::encore::cheer2::cheer2: Thanks you guys!!!

13. AsianFSFan

AsianFSFan New Member

Yes! Thank you for those links, Ice Princess,m_chenning&bmcg! Made my day...:)
    Love the lift (reminds me of Funny Face last rotational lift - which I liked)...more "open and free" than the first one (not bad...just felt more "closed" to be in such an jazzy music)...and yay! More pep. I feel this pattern seq. Can't wait to see the full routine in competition :cheer2:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

15. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Just love the change to the last spin and soooooooooooooo glad they kept the "faux" ending and the real ending -- cheek to cheek!

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Can't watch the videos right now so I just wanted to check... no video of the FD from practice, right?

17. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Nope. All of those links are SD practice. :)

18. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be the dissenter? I don't think that lift fits the program, because it's too acrobatic. I'm wondering if there's a more "cool jazz" lift they might have done in the past. Or maybe they're still working on a new one, and it's not ready yet?

19. *Ice Princess*

Mmmmh I do not think...

20. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I wanna say that, while I like the change (at this point--or any point, really--OBVIOUSLY judges don't care about lifts or twizzles or any element fitting the nature of the dance), I wonder if they will ever use the lift for the waltz in 2011, remember it? I think that one would fit beautifully? Again, I do like the change because I prefer this lift over the other one.

Also, I think it is wise of them to reuse lifts in the short because, hey, recycling seems to work very effectively of late for other teams.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  21. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thank you SO MUCH to all those who gave us videos....you are the best!

22. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

I think they'll choose to debut new costumes at Skate Canada.

23. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think that's the nature of beast that is the SD. There is so much teams have to put in there in the allotted time that often the lifts look thrown in. It´s get it done and rack up those points. Sort of like the spins in the FD. Are there any teams with a lift in their SD this season that isn't acrobatic? I haven't watched many and can't remember the ones I watched. One lift I think would suit the SD rhythms this year is this one:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...0971410E16A4ABE90126508F818B&selectedIndex=18

But a team like V&M can´t come out and do that, they would be crucified. As it stands I think this lift suits better the SD over the previous one, the entrance to this one is more in line with the theme imo.

24. marikat

marikat Active Member

They're using petit adagio by glazunov, waltz in concerto no 2 by glazunov and allegro moderato by scriabin for the fd.

25. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I don't think that lift from 2011 is dynamic enough.

26. Annizerat

Annizerat New Member

I totally agree with you. I don't like the lift in the program, doesn't fit the music. The other worked better, but I guess they should not use it again.

27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I thought Tessa and Scott would have different costumes by now.

28. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I'm watching the opening number, but I'm not getting any sound. Is anyone else having this problem?! (Or is it just my computer?)

29. *Ice Princess*

I haven't vid problems... :/ Only 30 minutes to SD!!!!!!!!!!

30. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks!! Will be nice to hear how it all comes together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.