Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

If that rumour is true I think it is a good choice for them. Course it depends on what part Scott would play, her husband or the love of her life.
  2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont know nothing about secific music choice (ballet or soundtrack), just rumours about one VM on ice photo and this could be Anna Karenina
  3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I hope it is Anna Karenina.
  4. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

6. aka_gerbil

The photo was made a few weeks ago when V/M were in Montreal with Jean Marc Genereux again. I should have probably said it's highly likely it's the SD since he's known for pure ballroom and is good with quickstep dances.
  7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I didnt know, they were in Montreal again. Hope they will made something cool with Jean Marc ;)
  8. aka_gerbil

You did disappear on us there for a bit. There was actually quite a bit of stuff the last few weeks. You'll have to get caught up. ;)

Jean Marc also posted this the day they worked with him: http://fyeahvirtueandmoir.tumblr.com/post/55524020555
    geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am on vacationa now ;) Like i said, i love wedding photos, especially lift in wedding dress.
    Love this photos from Jean Marс. Tessa and Scott look fresh and happy.
  10. aka_gerbil

You're welcome and I hope you're enjoying your vacation. :)

I loved the pic, but I also loved Jean Marc's enthusiasm and praise for V/M.
  11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

The girl that took the pic knows the music, but out of respect for them she declined to say what it is. Major props to her. How do guys feel about Anna Karenina?
  12. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

The music from the recent film suits them very well and is gorgeous. It is a bit of a tragic dramatic love story which I also like because thematically it marries their older romantic style and the drama of Carma. My only beef with it if they use the music from the movie(which is a waltz) is that they will get called out for doing the same ole same ole and it would be two ballroom type numbers. But it really depends on how they approach it and what music they use.
  13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi, Shayii! :)
    Yes, it was right not to talk about music before TS will made announcment.
    As for Anna Karenina. I love this idea, because i think TS are ideal couple for this strory. And Eifmann did great ballet "Anna Karenina".
    As for movie soundtrack. I like choreo in this movie and costumes, but not all film. I like waltz from the firt Kitty outing, but TS did waltz this sedason, so....
    You know, maybe i will love anydance they will skate. Especially because this will be there last FD ever.
  14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Hi Pani! I've never seen the movie. Maybe I'll watch it over the weekend and listen to the music from both the movie and ballet. Like chantilly said if they are doing something in the wheelhouse of Anna Karenina they will be criticized for only doing love, boring programs. Anyways I'm just excited and we already have two clues--classic and elegant. Just two more months until HPC.
  15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They were criticzed even for "Carmen" so i dont care. I think they will show love, but maybe more dramatick and darker, then in Mahler.
    O, some teams will show there programs already, but we will not know even about music untill HPC?
    Werid. They need to save music from main competitirs, who know everything about every there step, so what a big deal about music announcment?

Maybe for them better to not show new programs before SC?
  16. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

At this point, who cares if they are criticized. No ones says a thing about other teams not venturing out of their comfort zone, so, you know what? I say go for whatever it is that works best and what the judges seem to respond too, whatever. They have nothing to prove anymore, they have demonstrated how versatile they are.

Heh, basically, what Pani said.
  17. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yup What Pani and Golightly said. I care a fig for their detractors.
    Let us just enjoy this last season and support them whatever they do.
    On another note I hope they do some work professionally going forward. I would hate to not see them again live!
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I hope they will skate in pro shows after Sochi too. I think they have a lot off to say on ice, could use a lot off different music.
  19. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I was just about to write the same thing! (not worrying about their detractors)
    They have done such a wide variety of ODs and Pink Floyd and Latin and Carmen free dances - but that won't stop anyone from criticizing them for going back to a program that highlights what they can do better than anyone - one with meaningful connection between the 2 of them. But this is their last season - why should they let people who probably won't like anything they do - stop them from one last glorious program that will take our breath away with its intimacy and believability and beauty? I am going to do my very best to stick my metaphoric fingers in my metaphoric ears and just enjoy every moment of their last season!!!
    maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Proustable

Proustable New Member

It's romantic, passionate, deliriously intense, full of nuance and driving power. If they were to perform to a cut that included "Dance with Me" my heart might not be able to take it. Even though it's a waltz, it's not really directly comparable to anything else they've done. Imagine the love child of Valse Triste and Carmen to get an idea of what it could look like.
  21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm imagining it and I like what I see. I also listened to Dance with Me and a few other tracks from the soundtrack. The music is so grand, I think it could be amazing. I'll reel in the excitement since nobody is really sure where the idea of Anna Karenina came from; watch them pick something completely different.
  22. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Nothing. That twitterer is crazy and is always posting weird, insulting, and truly bizarre things re: Tessa and Scott. She's obsessed and I remember after worlds she tweeted that they were a disappointment to Canada. She hates Scott too so I would ignore him/her/whatever it is.
  24. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Okay, I was like huh? Lol thx
  25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Is she and Heather are the same persons?
    How much i wish to read rumours not about personal life, but about new programs and traning :D
  26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

That girl freaks me out. Even if half of what she says were true, no one should be allowed to invade someone else's privacy like that.
  27. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They have one summer mounth, no?
    They are very busy now. I wish they will skate at Thornhill, but not this time....
  29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Please dont say Summer is over as we still have August....

I think they will skate at Finlandia and this will be good for their fans as they have a lot of fans who were disappointed last year.
  30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This will be good for VM fans from Europe :)
  31. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Can I just say that I am envious of anyone who gets to see V/M live this season before I do -- and still hoping to make Canadian Nationals. As much as I'd love to go to Skate Canada, just not in the cards, as they say (lack of money). With Canadians at least in the same province as I live and a bit later, I am hoping (desperately) to raise enough money to go, if only to see the dance portions.

I am getting excited to see what all our Canadian competitors will be putting out on the ice -- along with skaters from other countries for whom I cheer/enjoy voids/cry depending on how they do.

Good luck Tessa & Scott. Skate the way you have always -- as Champions.
  32. lola10

lola10 New Member

33. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I hope you will go and will see TS at Natonals. Fingers crossed ;)
    And yes, good luck to TS.

Thanks. Good thing this time FD will be on Saturday.
    But maybe not best locations for SC.
  34. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

I so badly want to see in this documentary TS with JM Genereux off ice, in the studio as they are working on their SD. Whatever the SD music choice is, the movement is bound to be in the realm of standard ballroom dances so it would be nice to get a glimpse of TS dancing ballroom off ice. Same goes for Jennifer Swan and whatever they are cooking up for the FD.

I don’t want to get my expectations up regarding that documentary but I do hope the people putting it all together do their research right so they could put out something not only for the general viewers or whatever their target audience is, but also give out something substantial enough to satisfy the more hardcore skating/ice dance fans. They probably will not delve in the intricacies of creating and judging the step sequences but I hope we get more than the superficial introductory info we get from fluffs. Aside from my above wish to see how off ice dance inspire their on-ice dance, I wish to see how they practice lifts and perhaps some of their gym work outs. The gymnastic fan in me is curious how Tessa train for the more acrobatic aspects of their lifts. We got a glimpse from PJs interviews with Maria Mountain last season but I really wish to know more.

Iggie, I just saw your blog’s “classic” series. Very nice, really enjoying it. I am just rewatching your interview with them at SOI. I didn’t comment on it at that time but I really thought it was touching that Tessa actually shared that story about the bucket of rice gift. I thought it was very personal (she said so herself) and the fact that she felt comfortable enough to share it with you was very sweet. I must say though I’m glad that she shared that with you (and to the fans through your blog) and not with someone else. I mean can you imagine the kind of spin and interpretation a “journalist” like say a Rosie DiManno would put regarding that gift tidbit?:scream:

Anyway, I find it really amazing that in that 5-minute interview we got so much information - their interpretation of the Stay ex, their surprising connection with JM Genereux years ago and how they started brainstorming for the SD, and of course the rice gift. I mean 5 freaking minutes and we got something related to ice dance and something about their personality. This along with that EPIC Russian fans interview that have fluffs and serious stuffs and everything in between, PJ's interviews with Maria Mountain and Jen Swan, and the Jacquelyn Thayer articles re: modern dance and ice dance are the highlights media-wise for me last season. Maybe these things are for the more hardcore fans and not for general TV audiences but I really hope the producers of that documentary can strike out a nice balance for both group of audiences. (And I am going to beg for people to upload them as early as possible for the international audience). :D
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:swoon: Well said. Especially after all this "fans" discussions about VM PR and lie. I think this just mean TS talk about what they were asked. And if they were asked about programs, choreo, music they were talking about this. Did they ever said there fans they didnt want to talk with them? Or about - we didnt want to talk about this? But who care, when there fans belive more in two crazy internet girls and there fairytales?
    Sorry. if i said something wrong.

I wish to add ice-dance.com interview about how TS choose there music for new programs last season.
  36. iggie

iggie New Member

yes. i really hope that this 6 part series turns out better than that documentary, which went from profiling tessa and scott to being about the canadian senior team with a cameo from tessa and scott. and i hope that the filmmakers focus on real things that matter to us as fans, especially long time fans. for example, i liked the "hour" interview, and i know that there are talking points, but we need to get past the goose, the injury, etc. at a certain point, let's create a new story.

lol at the rosie comment.

thanks. the classic series is a fun little off season project and it's a good way to get a retrospective of their career, especially for new fans.

classic moments: fluff
    classic moments: older montages
    classic performances: hallelujah
    classic performances: stay

i plan on more throughout august.

:)
  37. parapluies

:respec: IA with you both. & no pani you didn't say anything wrong :)
  38. parapluies

39. marikat

marikat Active Member

Wow! I can't wait! Hopefully somebody can take a video of it!!!!
  40. pani

pani Well-Known Member