Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Lety

Lety Member

2. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

We are coming up to 1000 soon. Did a decision get made for the new title, If not, how about we follow Classical and Elegant with "Amazing Grace"? I think they are truly gracious considering all of the trash that is thrown their way. Love, love, love all the talent and information shared by the posters in this thread! Congratulations all, you all :kickass:

3. m_chenning

m_chenning Member

What about ""Nobody cancels the beauty in figure skating" (T.Tarasova) ? :) (Tessa and Scott are beautiful as people and as dancers (REAL dancers). Tessa is :swoon: And what is unparalleled delight to watch Scott on the ice: what a man and partner-dancer. Let's hope this season their amazing talent, beauty and extraordinary skating skills and dancing abilities will be appreciated by judges)

New season is coming :kickass: ! Go Tessa and Go Scott "Roar" Moir! (I still can't watch Carmen from WC without regrets. Such wonderful, exclusive program, difficult and modern and dancey wasn't received as it should be. But it was unforgettable performance)

4. fan

fan Well-Known Member

just saw Tessa walking down the street at the Toronto film fest. she's gorgeous, was wearing sky-high heels. nothing else to report

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sorry, but was she with Patrick Chan or Scott Moir? Lol just kidding, thank you for the report.

6. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

How about "Seasons of growth" or "seasons of change" (since it plays off the fd music) or "labour of love" (quote from T about making the fd; also could refer to their skating career)?

7. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I just disobeyed my own rule! :(

I wanted to watch the short dance again but I made the mistake of reading the comments below the Youtube video. I don't understand how what I see in that dance can be so different from what others see. In general I just don't get what it is about this team that brings out the reaction they do - so negative so much of the time. But most of all I just don't get the comments about them being boring, lacking spark - or even worse - about them having a lack of chemistry! I know the first outing of the Short Dance was not perfect and that they are not perfect but...

I am the first person to remind everyone else to ignore those kinds of comments. An ultimately it doesn't prevent me from enjoying them - it just leaves me scratching my head! I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  8. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

I like it!

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. I hadn't been able to watch the SD from Worlds until recently again and even then I couldn't finish. Worlds 2013 is something I never want to remember if I'm being quite honest. I do think Tessa and Scott are perfect when it comes to their skating, but it seems it's rare that there's anybody that comes to their defense. I was hoping they'll have an easier time this upcoming season, but I'm just not so sure. Also, whoever says they don't have chemistry is just out of their mind.

I like a lot of the thread titles people have come up with especially "labor of love" inspired from the article. I also like the idea of just "seasons."

ETA: I just remembered proustable is saving the season title ("17 Seasons to Sochi") for later on.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like m_chening idea. And I like "labour of love" title too. We could.use it later in the season. Maybe after.FT.
    Fan, thanks for information. Good for.Tessa have fun and relax.at TFF and wear high sky heels.

Accordion, you could close comments under video on YouTube. The same people talking the same.things.since 2007. It's there opinion, so let's talk, guys.

And I wait.confirmation from SC about VM will compete in Finlandia.

11. AsianFSFan

AsianFSFan New Member

Wow! What a treat...thanks for sharing all those lovely goodies :)

Thank you, Bournekraatzfan! :) Looking forward to read on everyone's posts/insights once the season comes in full force...

Lol. I'm with you! I've resorted to watching some of their old programs on YouTube lately. ;)

I find it interesting (and excited) that this time their FD is kept well under wraps unlike last season's Carmen (re: from PJ Kwong's interview). Though, that bit from Eric Radford is a tease, really..lol. Can't wait!!!

Ps. I like it...MissJD and Shayii "Seasons" - simple sweet...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  12. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

You're so lucky!!!

Btw didn't you guys have a title saved up for September? Sparkling something?? Champage?? Something about the finnstep.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you watch video from this link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LgTWNzkII

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

15. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo7ozIoQbLY

This one :(

I wasn't very clear lol! I just said short dance. And I agree.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Oh tank you! They look great!! Can't wait to see all of new photoshoots :D

18. lola10

lola10 New Member

This picture is about the mittens: http://cdnolympic.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/20130512_sb_coc_scotttessa_0673.jpg?w=700&h= (BTW, did they do the Media Day in Vancouver in fast motion because they had to leave earlier but have done all the photoshoots)

And here, Skate Canada mentions that they are planning to participate at Finlandia: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2857/language/en-US/Default.aspx.

Thank you everyone for the pictures, videos and articles from High Performance Camp, it was quite a lot compared to the last years, wasn't it?

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They look great in Team Canada outfit! Great fashion model!
    They are planning to go to Finland, but this didn't sound.like they will be there.for sure, no?

20. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I don't understand. They appear on the entry list: https://stll-fi.directo.fi/finlandia_trophy/entries/ That sounds pretty certain to me.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. But just read that russian skaters will miss B-serios competitions, because of Russian Cup in Sochi in this dates. So the eneties list could be changed.
    Fingers crossed for T-S! Stay safe and healthy!

22. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Oh? Well, we'll see. I think that they will go.

23. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that V/M won't be missing Finlandia for the Russian test skates. ;)

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: You are right.
    BS could...

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

26. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think so.

28. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Fantastic article. I so appreciate all the love and master craftsmanship that went into their programs this year. :)

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

“I feel it is a really Russian classical program, even though I made it in North America for North American skaters,” she said. “But it is my thanks to Russia. I do have to do something for my country in which I was born. I really truly believe it is Tessa and Scott who are the best to perform that.”

:swoon:

And 2 rotational lifts back-to back.... Will see, but maybe betteto show lisfts in different parts.
    So i think this will be summer waltz ;)
    And i think its good they put so much in this programs and this is what they want to show. This is more importamt, then any medals - to do what you love to to. :)
    I wish to know, what judges think about this FD ;) Cant wait to see