Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. lola10

lola10 New Member

Thank you for the link, Shayii! And I have no idea how the format will be. I would guess it is the normal red chair interview, but it could be anything.

I guess the pre-season preparation will be key. Let's be honest, the preparation last season was not ideal: Scott's neck injury and cold, the change of FD and SD comparatively late and then the complete new as well as extremely difficult Carmen in August. During the season, they basically just tried to figure out what to do, chasing the levels and I believe, if they would have finished these two programs in June/July instead of August, they would have had an easier season, getting the levels. All their other programs where done earlier and they did most of the tinkering we saw in Carmen during the season, already in the off-season. Think about: when you are late learning for an exam, do you have the confidence going into it?

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But Carmen couldn be compare to there others FD - its most complex FD they ever done (especially first outing). So kudos to them for be able skate it that way at Nationals and WCh.
    But they learn this season, that judges didnt care about this. So they now know, what to do for get there levels and PCS in next season.
    And yes, whith coaching changes, re-working FD in August it was difficult seaon. Hope this time things will be easy for them. But look like they dint like when things go easy. Look, like they didnt start working on FD after WCh, because they didnt like first music choice.
    So will wait and see, how they will use this season experience.
    And thanks for all information about interview. Cant wait!
    And Today's Bride Magazine
    https://www.facebook.com/todaysbridemagcanada

3. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Does anyone know which edition of Today's Bride Magazine this is?

4. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Thats true. And the coaching change too! and the politicking coming from Igor! what he said after the FD @ Skate Canada was total sabotage! Hopefully they have a better offseason this time. It seems like they starting working on the SD before D/W so I hope they got that down

5. littleponyjoe

littleponyjoe New Member

Where did you read they started on the SD before D/W? Lovely photos in the Bride Magazine.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe Tessa-Scott worked on there SD, when DW were in LA. But its just speculation.

7. parapluies

I just assumed based on pictures that showed up on twitter. V/M started working with Jean Marc waaaay before DW started working with Derek Hough, who I assume is working with them for the SD.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Welcome, Lety! :)

Thanks for that vid, pani. I love watching the dancers do lifts off ice and in street clothes. "The Shield" was perfect... I'm going to start calling it that from now on. :lol:

11. Lety

Lety Member

Thank DFJ, Shayii and Cherub! I'm really glad to be here! :biggrinbo

12. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Count me in as another who enjoyed that short blurb on George's show.

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Me too........I loved it especially in this arid off season.

14. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

16. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

Placing this difficult lift at the end of the program with very little prep time really hurt the execution. It looks better during CSOI, or maybe that is just because they had more time to practice it.

Canadian shield CSOI Erica Armstrong Photo

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Scott could get better position on floor. He couldnt do this on ice. Tessas lines look amazing on and off ice.

18. parapluies

Love the interview with George! Especially when Scott said "Tessa's my shield" :swoon: Its too cute

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I wish Tessa and Scott dod a photo-shoot in there next season programs style, like WP did. They did something with "Funny Face", but we didnt saw much of it. But they look so cute on that photos.

20. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I loved how Scott was like, "Let's do the..." and she immediately picked up what he meant. And we might call that lift "The Shield" from now on. Heh.

21. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Happy Canada Day everyone, Canadian or not, have a great day everyone.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Happy Canada Day, my Canadian friends! :)

23. parapluies

Cute interview that mentions Tessa and Scott!
    http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/07/interview-with-victoria-and-connor.html

I'm not surprised Scott is down-to-earth. He is a virgo :D

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians! Did anybody happen to catch the Strombo show? (And record it? Lol).

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

26. teaspoon

teaspoon New Member

Alexandra Paul and Mitch Islam also had some really cool things to say about Tessa and Scott here.

Happy Canada Day!

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

28. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

They both look good (even though this was taped several weeks ago). When Tessa is talking around 2:00, I find Scott's gaze to be amusing because he's so focused on what she's saying.

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

She is stunning. Cute interview.

30. parapluies

Ohhh so that's why Alex's dress from 2010-2011 looked similar to T's Olympic dress - they have the same costume designer! (well if Tessa still goes to Denis Pizzacalla for costume. I hope she does though - for her olympic costumes) I wonder is it the same designer that designs the SOI costumes? I forgot his name