Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

I just realized how much I missed them during this off-season.

Great start, guys! :)

2. volunteer

volunteer Member

There were cameras in their faces from the moment they stepped foot in the arena.

3. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Your hearing is better than mine. :respec: Maybe my ear refused to believe V/M could have score so high on their first outing.

4. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Probably documentary cameras.

5. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Thanks for posting the link to their live SD in the TV Alerts area too as that is where I found it in time. Loved seeing that. I just cringe for her though every time I see her shake out those lower legs. Strong start. I did not see how to get to the archives easily in UStream so hopefully I will not miss the FD and have to search.

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy yourself? I'm so excited for you that you got to see this live! I love how the audience went crazy when they were announced. I noticed the camera in the kiss n cry and was wondering if it was necessary to be in their faces like that, but they must be used to it cuz they didn't look fazed.

7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

They aren't skating their FD. It was just the SD.

8. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

They are not skating in FD. It's allowed to skate in just one portion of the competition here, and Tessa and Scott used that to show their SD for the first time. As for archives, just look to the right of your live stream video. There are comments showing up under the 'Social Stream' title, but to the left of it is the 'Videos' title - click on it, and there are all the videos.

9. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

A fab start to the season, really loved the characterization and how they actually DANCE across the ice, showed so much class and style!

10. volunteer

volunteer Member

I enjoyed every second, just immersed myself. When I first entered the arena, I was about to go into the stands to watch the sr men, but I saw Marina sitting near the registration, so I parked myself down at a good non-stalkerish distance and waited for their arrival. I don't recall if you can see it in the video, but they also got a standing ovation after their program.

11. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Did Tessa and Scott get lvl 2's for both finnstep sequences? I am bad at reading protocols

12. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Maybe if you linked to the protocols we could answer?

13. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

14. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks. Level 4's on everything except step sequence (level 3). Hope that was due to mistake and they don't have to change like last season.

16. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Watched a bunch of times. That was terrific for the first showing. You can see they're going to fight like hell for that 2nd gold medal at Olys.

17. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

http://instagram.com/p/c2HPUNo0Qx/ Just wanted to share this for you, guys. 1) Looove the 'training-outside' fact. 2) Yep, looks like cameras (hopefully, documentary) are following them everywhere ;D

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That is like the coolest thing ever. Are they on a roof?

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oh my, oh my, oh my! That was just delightful to watch and apparently the judges thought so as well.

With some fine tuning that should hit the ball right out of the park!

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Looks like an outdoor rink to me. Minus the ice of course ;)

21. Lety

Lety Member

This was the first time I watch them in real time and it was amazing!! I don't really know how to put into words what I mean, but I'm sure you guys know exactly how I feel. I didn't know what I was missing by not watching in livestream...

It's always wonderful to see them dance, my eyes (or whatever it is, I can't express it better) dance along with them, it's surreal! :swoon:

22. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Lety I always feel that they draw me into the dance so I become part of it. It's like we are invited into their world. I wish you will have the pleasure of seeing them live one day

23. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for posting. Something else to talk about rather than all those threads on "What would have happened if [insert skater] had been blah blah blah?".

Anyway they look very good for early in the season and I look forward to seeing how it shapes up leading up to the Olympics.

24. Lety

Lety Member

I feel exactly as you said, Emdee. This is so comforting...

I would love seeing them live, but it would be sooo hard... My country is far away, it's hard to even keep up with figure skating here... But I hope that one day it might happen :)

25. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yes, the Finnstep and the YP are worth the same.

81 is the maximum score for the SD - that is straight level fours, straight +3s, straight 10s = 81.00

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Love the first half. After the twizzles there is a bit of work but we know they like that.

27. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

So, I have watched it for several more times, and now I can say that it's great. Really "traditional" (in the best sense of the word), but also very classy and stylish even. I so love the first part and the step sequence :swoon:. Finnstep sequences were really fast, and, judging by the assigned levels, also quite precise :). Still, some of the hold changes in the second half didn't feel so smooth to me yet - but that's not surprising given how early in the season it is. Overall, the second half is the one that seems to need more polish. Still a truly great performance for this time in the season.

28. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I'm amazed at the level they've got that dance at so early in the season. I saw lots of appropriate speed and the unison is amazing. Clearly they know the SD is the key to getting the judges marks on your side and are attacking early. That tells me they're not handing anyone the gold medal without a fight. Impressive first outing.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Totally agree, emdee! That first half just pulled me in and I forgot I was in a rink with mostly empty seats. Now That's Dancing!
    Cameraman and mike guy were really annoying! Does this always happen? Couldn't they keep some distance?

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Scrufflet, were you there live.