Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

THANK YOU!!!! xoxo

OMG THEY ARE SOOO BEAUTIFUL! I loved that so much. I can't even imagine how breathtaking it will be by the end of the year. :swoon: I wasn't sure how I would feel about the music, but I love that too! haha I'm glad they did this comp, because now I'm even more excited for this next season. Bring it on! (I'm going to be floating on clouds for at least a few days...)
  2. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

MADE. MY. WEEKEND. What an exquisite short dance! LOVE IT!
  3. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

They sure do know how to dance! 76.51!

I love it so much already, and I can't wait to see how this program grows and evolves over the course of the season.
  4. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 New Member

OMG - I cried when I saw them. Beautiful short program and so complex but as usual, made to appear easy.
  5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I guess I will have to watch it one more time to say something concrete. My first impression is rarely right.
  6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I need to see it again now!! Cuz I didn't breath the first time. But seriously the fact that they are that ready now…I have no words! I love them.
  7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I thought that was a great debut. Very strong and the start is just :swoon: Loads and loads of difficulty in that so it's really encouraging to see it skated this well at this stage of the season.
  8. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Imo it needs work but its good for their first competition. Hopefully they will change the last lift - I was expecting something new but I guess they aren't ready yet and fix the music cuts. And Tessa looked so graceful :)
  9. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Falling in love again...
  10. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I think I heard 66+ points for Tessa and Scott from the arena announcer?

There's a lot to love about V/M's new SD but a lot of work for them to do too before their dance looks one hundred per cent finished and polished.
  11. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

It's fantastic, especially - as it was already mentioned - at this early stage. I LOVE watching them dance.:swoon:
  12. parapluies

Watch it again here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37122231
  13. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

What a great start to the season. It's looking good and it's still so early.
  14. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

15. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Love it! I'm reposting what I wrote in the pbp thread:

V&M looked great! They're further along than I thought they'd be.

I loved the way they bent and swayed with the music and I'm really impressed they already have their character and many musical flourishes down cold. Beautiful straightline and twizzles.

The explosion of speed into the Finnstep is fantastic. They were almost running into the boards!

Great vehicle for them. Nice variations in speed, tempo, and showing different types of curves.
  16. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

No it was soixante-seize 76.
  17. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

They said in that icenetwork interview they had 5 new lifts so I'm guessing they will keep that one and the FD has all the new lifts.
  18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I thought it was perfect!!! And so early too. Obviously they'll develop it as the season goes on I'm excited! I wouldn't be surprised if they change the lift.
  19. volunteer

volunteer Member

They were amazing. They seem to be skating on liquid; their blades . . . I'm speechless. The program is sublime, so smooth for this early on.
  20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes, this program truly shows off their stunning, best in the world, skating skills.

Question: Is the Finnstep worth the same number of points as the Yankee Polka? Is 80 the maximum score?
  21. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

I just realized how much I missed them during this off-season.

Great start, guys! :)
  22. volunteer

volunteer Member

There were cameras in their faces from the moment they stepped foot in the arena.
  23. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Your hearing is better than mine. :respec: Maybe my ear refused to believe V/M could have score so high on their first outing.
  24. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Probably documentary cameras.
  25. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Thanks for posting the link to their live SD in the TV Alerts area too as that is where I found it in time. Loved seeing that. I just cringe for her though every time I see her shake out those lower legs. Strong start. I did not see how to get to the archives easily in UStream so hopefully I will not miss the FD and have to search.
  26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Did you enjoy yourself? I'm so excited for you that you got to see this live! I love how the audience went crazy when they were announced. I noticed the camera in the kiss n cry and was wondering if it was necessary to be in their faces like that, but they must be used to it cuz they didn't look fazed.
  27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

They aren't skating their FD. It was just the SD.
  28. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

They are not skating in FD. It's allowed to skate in just one portion of the competition here, and Tessa and Scott used that to show their SD for the first time. As for archives, just look to the right of your live stream video. There are comments showing up under the 'Social Stream' title, but to the left of it is the 'Videos' title - click on it, and there are all the videos.
  29. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

A fab start to the season, really loved the characterization and how they actually DANCE across the ice, showed so much class and style!
  30. volunteer

volunteer Member

I enjoyed every second, just immersed myself. When I first entered the arena, I was about to go into the stands to watch the sr men, but I saw Marina sitting near the registration, so I parked myself down at a good non-stalkerish distance and waited for their arrival. I don't recall if you can see it in the video, but they also got a standing ovation after their program.
  31. parapluies

Did Tessa and Scott get lvl 2's for both finnstep sequences? I am bad at reading protocols
  32. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Maybe if you linked to the protocols we could answer?
  33. parapluies

34. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

35. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks. Level 4's on everything except step sequence (level 3). Hope that was due to mistake and they don't have to change like last season.
  36. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Watched a bunch of times. That was terrific for the first showing. You can see they're going to fight like hell for that 2nd gold medal at Olys.
  37. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

http://instagram.com/p/c2HPUNo0Qx/ Just wanted to share this for you, guys. 1) Looove the 'training-outside' fact. 2) Yep, looks like cameras (hopefully, documentary) are following them everywhere ;D
  38. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That is like the coolest thing ever. Are they on a roof?
  39. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oh my, oh my, oh my! That was just delightful to watch and apparently the judges thought so as well.

With some fine tuning that should hit the ball right out of the park!
  40. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Looks like an outdoor rink to me. Minus the ice of course ;)