Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

3. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

There was live streaming last season for pretty much all of the Canadian summer events, including the one in Quebec.

4. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

But was the stream available outside Canada?

5. volunteer

volunteer Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yeeeee! Can't.wait your report (hope you will be there, fingers crossed).

7. volunteer

volunteer Member

There will be live streaming -go to the Patinage quebec website competition page: http://www.patinage.qc.ca/index.asp?id=444 and scroll down to the Championnats d'ete grid for the links to the live streaming for each ice surface.

Don't know if it is available outside of Canada.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!

9. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I will be able to see them on the saturday but wont be free on the sunday.
    Excited to see them and hear all the comments.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They will compete only on saturday (August 10)

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks Pani. So no Free Dance? But then something is better than nothing.....

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, just SD. But at the begining of the August - cool ;)
    Maybe Jean-Marc will be there?

13. parapluies

I hope he will be there!

14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What an awesome surprise! It feels weird knowing they'll skate it next week and we don't even know the music yet... hoping for a few articles hyping it. :D

A little blast from the past: http://relish.myraklarman.com/tessa-virtue-scott-moir-h2o-frozen

Photos from the development of Farracus and Mahler, in black practice outfits. :swoon: Here's hoping this year's programs are just as beautiful.

15. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Guess I should be marking down this event on my "calendar" reminder so that I remember to watch. Interesting they are "showing" it this early, but I'm pleased.

16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I can't believe this! Great way to end a very hectic week. So excited--we get to see them and their SD next weekend! I guess we don't have to wait till HPC then (well maybe for the FD lol).

17. lola10

lola10 New Member

I sincerly hope that there are some video clips afterwards because it's my sisters wedding and I doubt watching their new SD counts as an excuse for absence. Anyway, I am very happy they are doing the SD that early. Not only do we know their music then and have something to discuss, but ever since they talked about Jean-Marc Généreux, his ideas and work methods, I am more than excited.
    Additionally, they get early feedback. I guess they will have a little talk with the judges afterwards, regardless of the score. One of their struggles the past seasons were getting the levels for the patterns and step sequences, so I guess they want to sort it out before the season starts in order to focus more on the FD.

BTW, we really got spoiled with pictures and interviews during the off-season, compared to the last seasons.

18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Congrats on your sister's wedding Lola, very exciting. Hopefully the streams will be archived so you can watch it later. Does anybody know for sure if the stream will be available outside of Canada? Also everybody planning to go I hope you guys enjoy it, can't wait to see what you guys think of it live.

19. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Exciting news! They've obviously been quietly working away and it's great to see their SD is at least ready enough to take it out for a trial run this early. Smart as well, they will have at least a month to work on any negative feedback they receive so they can hit the GP in top form and not go through any of that BS from last season regarding levels)

20. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Isn't it great that Tessa & Scott are such hard workers and have worked so much in the off season to get their SD ready to this level already. It shows how committed they are to this, their final season, how serious they are about getting their work evaluated and then going and working on it even more so that they give the judges exactly what they are wanting.

They are willing to work as long and as hard as it takes to become TWO time OLYMPIC GOLD medalists.

They are truly a team for the ages.

21. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I like the sound of that. "Two time Olympic Gold Medalists." :encore:

22. volunteer

volunteer Member

Love it !

They're going to :kickass:

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I love the sound of that too Deb! Woooohooooo!!!

24. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Lets hope for three gold medals with the team event.

But a big fat hell yeah from this corner as well.

25. parapluies

I don't think its the pattern they have problems with. At worlds only two teams got level 4s on their YP and Tessa and Scott were one of them.

:respec::respec::respec:

26. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Music to my ears .....:cheer:

27. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

This is unbelievable and "wow" indeed :eek: :biggrinbo! Such a great surprise :).

Thank you both so much for the streams! But I really hope that someone will record for us, non-canadians, if the streams turn out to be geo blocked.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  28. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

it's great they're debuting it early. it's also great that they're staying in north america -- giving a nod to domestic summer competitions + they don't have to travel that far to go and return to canton.

and deb, awesome quote!

29. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this!!!

30. marikat

marikat Active Member