Virtue and Moir 29 - Classical and elegant

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jun 24, 2013.

1. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks :) I had seen that, but only just realized I could click on the icon to see more photos. I love that black bathing suit.

3. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Hey guys, when are we likely going to hear about themes and music for their programmes this year. When is their first showing?

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Also I think the hot dog pic sap is talking about is not in the link maggylyn posted. Here it is http://imageshack.us/a/img96/4435/kpso.jpg.
    I'm thinking not until high performance camp and that's not till September I believe. But I really have no clue, anybody's guess is as good as mine.

5. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

7. parapluies

I think they used an online collage maker

8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I was just snarking. I wish they would have posted photos where we could actually see them better.

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

What the heck, you can hardly make out anything in those pictures! I actually forgot they even promised they would post pics from the tournament. Considering how long it took them to get the pics up, I'm very annoyed these are the pics we get.

10. parapluies

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think it's great. Look forward to seeing it. It's only six episodes. It doesn't have to be draining and looks like it will be all finished filming by the time they need to go into their Olympic bubble ;)

I think most fans will be thrilled with this. They don't do social media and are rather private compared to other skaters so it will be nice for us to have these glimpses into their final season together.

12. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

ahhh... this makes me sad.

Thanks everybody for sharing links. It's much appreciated.

13. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I. Can. Not. Wait.

14. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Didn't Torvill and Dean do a documentary like this in 1994 and then end up losing? Or did the documentary come out after the 94 Games?

15. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

Yes, Torvill and Dean did do a documentary in the lead-up to Lillehammer. It was a one-off which was aired after the Olympics were over so it had their experience at the Games. They didn't win but I don't think they were really in the same position as Tessa and Scott. They changed the content of their freedance about 60% between Euros and the Olympics and threw in loads of content from their old programs which was part of the reason I feel they lost, rather than it just being the documentary which distracted them.

The documentary stays in my head because my stupid 12 year old self wasn't ready to record it on VHS when it came on the tv, I grabbed the nearest cassette and shoved it in the machine and inadvertantly recorded over Gordeeva and Grinkov's Olympic freeskate. Thank God for youtube years later so I could get Moonlight Sonata back!!!

16. parapluies

I am excited too (and sad that I don't have W. Hopefully, some kind soul will upload the episodes on Putlocker or soemthing) but I'm also scared because I want them to win sooo badly. Btw whats everyone's thoughts on D/W doing a senior B competition?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  17. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

What can I think - obviously they will be well prepared when bigger competitions come. So I hope that Tessa and Scott will do the same.

18. parapluies

D/W never do senior B's though. Its odd for them when was the last time D/W did a senior B?

19. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Nebelhorn 2009 (to kick off the Olympic season).

P.S. I think that Tessa and Scott being willing to share glimpses into their lives during this Olympic season in a TV documentary series is a nice gift to their fans. :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  20. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

In 2009, before the last Olympics.

21. parapluies

That was a looong time ago.

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It's an Igor/Marina thing. B&A did Nebelhorn in 2005, D&W in 2009, V&M did Thornhill in 2009, and now D&W doing this senior B. Hoping V&M will follow suit. It's a strategy to get the programs out there early and get the feedback just in case you end up missing one of your other events (which ended up happening to B&A).

23. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Yes, but I think "before Olympics" is the key phrase - they want to be extra prepared, and, as Cherub721 wrote, show their programs early, so as to avoid any (minor, or otherwise) problems later.

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Going down the list of what they could choose to focus on for this documentary is making me nervous. I guess we're gonna have to wait until finlandia to see if they've decided to do early competitions, but finlandia is not even far from the start of the GPs so it's not really an early competition. BTW where has Pani been? She's missing out on all these developments.

25. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Is it 30 min per episode or 30 min the whole short series?

26. parapluies

Ah. But I didn't think D/W would do a senior B since they're world champions. Also V/M did Thornhill in 2009? How come that doesn't say on their wikipedia page?

27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

This is not a web series. W is a Canadian female-centric tv network, like Lifetime in the US. I can't even think of a tv series where an episode is less than 30 minutes.

Tessa is not the only female athlete taken to task for some risque photographs:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201307/tennis-stars-racy-photos-cost-her-job

28. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Thanks. So I assume each episode lasts 30 minutes.

Radwanska's picture wasn't even racy or sexual in any way. Some say she did it to get back at her dad, who verbally abused her and her sister Urszula for years. Funny how John Isner, a fellow tennis player, also posed yet it's Aga the one who's being singled out. Bet the same happens with Tessa. I saw other male athletes in that photo shoot, some even more suggestive than Tessa's and the rest of the ladies. But, oh well, this is the world we still live in.

29. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Most of the pictures of the female athletes are sexualized in terms of their poses/positions, not lack of clothing. I don't like that and it's not because I'm a prude, its because there is far too much objectification of women's body. I don't think it was either necessary or appropriate.

To me, she and many of the other women are obviously being positioned for the male gaze. Their poses aren't natural and don't speak to women's agency with respect to their sexuality.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I apologize for questioning how other people feel about the pictures. Personally, the pictures don't bother me, but that's me and others can have their own opinion.