Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Thank you, Bournekraatzfan, you are always so considerate. I am sure it will surface sooner or later. Very glad you enjoyed the show to the fullest!

Just to clear the air before I go into hibernation again (my word!) I am not accusing them of playing mind games, I am wishing that they had a more robust and well-rounded PR. What they do on the ice is one thing, but I get frustrated with comments like this one : https://twitter.com/MonikaPlatek/status/327444866495811584/photo/1 . They're arguably the most talented ice dancers of all time, they deserve more than articles about how "they're not actually together" or the terrible "people think tessa is like carmen they're program is so provocative" articles that came out in reaction to their choreography around Canadian nationals. I'm all for the choreography, I think it's beautiful, I just anticipate and hate the media narrative that so often goes with it. I think they deserve better, and I am sorry for trying to express that in a group of their "fans."
    aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

You don't have to go into hibernation or runaway HSGP21. And I'm sorry that you feel you have to :(.
  3. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

HSGP21, that is what i took your comment to mean and I think you make a good point. Please don't go back into hibernation! I think you have valuable things to contribute to the discussion here and was so happy to see you posting again during Worlds. So please stick around!:)
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Those photos are amazing and I think it's the one of the few times I've seen a photo where Tessa has her hair "down". It looks good on her. I'm trying to decide which of those dresses looks best on her ... and I'm stumped. She does justice to them all. BTW, all hail the headband!!!
  5. sequins

sequins New Member

Let me clear the air as well since I was responding to your comment but not directly at you in particular. You made reference to the fact that 'fans/casual fans may be getting frustarted by the are they or aren't they' and I'm refering to those people, the ones who no matter what they say wanna believe something else and accuse V/M of lies and say vicious things because V/M aren't what they want them to be 'a couple'. I'm certain that's not you? You certainly don't have to go into hibernation, you haven't done anything wrong, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that way, so please stay.
  6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

"Classic and elegant" but "not another Mahler". A BALLET, RIGHT? PLEASE?
  8. sequins

sequins New Member

9. marathongirl76

marathongirl76 New Member

Another call to British V/M fans! Does anybody have Robin Cousin's BBC commentary of both the SD and FD? It's on the BBC website, but it appears to be geoblocked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070mk0/episodes/guide#b01rjkpz

Would love to hear Robin's take on the ice dance competition...he has impeccable taste!

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That would be great, I loved his commentary during the Olympics.

I'm actually sending a package of quotes about V&M to iggie within the hour, and including quotes from Robin on Carmen would rock.
  11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Hi. It's not because of geoblock (well I think it is geoblocked, but that's not the problem), but the broadcast was not archived so that's why it's unavailable to play.

ETA: Lol did you guys see the comment at the end of the CBC article? Everything is just amusing to me at this point.
  12. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

I don't blame HSGP21. Some days you feel as if you need a hand out with instructions detailing what is acceptable on any given day.

Some days I just hate figureskating. Hibernating (even temporarily) isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

I am glad everyone who has gotten to see Tessa and Scott live has loved their programs. And thanks for the reviews.
  13. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

In fact, you are one of the nicest people I've met on this message board and this time I can't blame you if you think that Tessa and Scott are sending a confusing message because this time I can see why it could be interpreted like that.
  14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

That's so sweet, thank you. And I was teasing. I don't even know what to say, but um.......yea I'll just leave it at that. (Reading the comments on the SC FB page though, I was just like oh dear). With that said can that pic of them where Tessa is wearing the head band make the front cover? Please?

I just read a quote from Tatiana Tarasova on why Tessa is the best female ice dancer. I want to get permission before I post it because it wasn't my project (thank you so much Cherub!) but I found it interesting with all the recent discussion on who's the best female ice dancer.
  15. Bournekraatzfan

+1 thanks for making this place so welcoming, Shayii:)

And HSGP21, I m still hoping you continue to share your thoughts with us. We would be lucky to have you here with us:)
  16. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Somedays I just hate the FS fandom :(. Today is one of those days I really don't understand the hate V/M get.
  17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oh stop it! And honestly I think I've told you before I feel you're one of the most if not the most respectful, civil, genuine posters on this board. And I mean it too. Lets have a lovefest in this thread lol. But I seriously hope Tessa and Scott know what amazing fans they have--hopefully even more so tomorrow after they see iggie's present.

ETA: What hate parapluies? I haven't seen any except for maybe that comment on the CBC article.
  18. Bournekraatzfan

Aw, Shayii, you are very kind. I would honestly use all those adjectives to describe you. And I hope everyone can feel welcome here. I am always so impressed by how knowledgeable and articulate you all are. Reading through your insightful posts is a pleasure and I often go back to re-read many of them. I especially like how different we all are...there is so much variety in the posts here and it makes this thread so much fun:)

And i, too, am thrilled that Tessa and Scott will have a chance to hear some of the thoughtful comments and heartfelt thanks from their fans.
  19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like you guys said, they start talking about there connection. :) As for.new programs. I though they choose music a long time ago. But if Tessa talking about FD style, maybe they just don't want tell about music so early? And the end of CSOI is May 10. So they will back to traning after show and will have vacation later? Sad to read about end of there competitive skating :-( And look like this is last photo,-shoot until OG
  20. marikat

marikat Active Member

ontd_skating livejournal is full of v/m hate nowadays..
  21. parapluies

Yes that's what I was talking about. And if they are trolling they are just trolling themselves because no one goes there anymore.
  22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

What did they say this time? I never go on there. It's a very anti-V/M site like goldenskate.
  23. marikat

marikat Active Member

Just the usual, not worth repeating. How Scott's a douche etc.etc.
  24. lola10

lola10 New Member

I agree, so said about them talking about the end. I don't want the curtain to close!

Regarding their FD: I remember that Charlie White once said very early in the off-season they are playing around with music and then in an actual article about their FD music he said that they had it before Worlds 2011 (it still was about La Strada). So I think it is natural for skaters to keep their FD music a secret for as long as possible to not only create a buzz around it but also to make sure they do not face major deduction come first competition. Their Carmen is another example: it was meant to be an SD, but the ISU advised them not to do it because it may be illegal and it became their legendary FD.

Also, as Pani said, Tessa's comment on "more classic and elegant" is quite concrete in terms of style and concept. Very interested what they come up with!

Anyway, everyone going to Stars on Ice today enjoy and have a lot of fun. I hope you can meet each other and have great time together. Thanks already for anything you come up with afterwards.
    And in particular to iggi: Just enjoy that incredible experience, you deserve it!
  25. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

The link actually goes to a 'highlights' programme with Sue Barker as the commentator and it is not available on BBC iPlayer. Any live broadcasting from Worlds 2013 was done via the BBC's 'red button' live feed (separate from the BBC normal programme scheduling) and couldn't be recorded. It was not broadcast later as a recorded event so is not available on iPlayer either. I don't personally enjoy listening to Robin Cousins as a broadcaster so I watch EurosportUK and have that recording.
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I also found it amusing that they knew exactly how we'd react. My interpretation at the moment is that they were presented with this opportunity, (which just so happened to be a bridal magazine) and they wanted to do it, but weren't sure about the implications that they were sending out, because they knew what everyone would think. And so they decided to do it anyway and released an article emphasizing the fact that they're portraying on-ice characters, and reinforcing that no, they're not dating. I'm so glad they did though. They're gorgeous!
  27. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

And Tessa rocks the headband......could she be morphing into an Ice dance Diva?.....;)
  28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Oh, so just a repetition of the same elements they've said for years now ;)
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Sure!

Thanks to everybody who provided me with quotes about Tessa and Scott. It was a project I initially wanted to do for myself, to just have a little word document with some of the quotes from Krylova, Zhulin etc handy so I know who said what. When I realized there were more than I bargained for, I decided to ask iggie to put it on her blog, because I was inspired by how she meticulously archives everything. When she announced the book the other day, I kicked it into high gear and created a 28 page document of quotes from the best skaters in the world to share with them.

Never got the stuff on Cousins from Worlds, but it's ok. He said amazing stuff at they Olympics, that Mahler was the new Bolero and V&M were like G&G combined with T&D.

It's not too late if anyone has more cause it is eventually going on iggie's blog once I write up little bios of all the skaters, etc.

Evgeny Platov, is, by far, the biggest uber of V&M. He first noticed them at 2005 JW, saying they'd win gold someday. He predicted their medal at 2008 Worlds, and later in 2008 when asked who could repeat his two gold medals he said V&M. Mahler gave him goosebumps (Zhulin too), and he thinks staying til Sochi makes them super champions. I also learned that Krylova is obsessed with Scott and Zhulin, Katsalapov, and Morozov have mancrushes on him. Ilinykh and TAT are Tessa ubers. Shabalin had to begrudgingly admit that he had hoped they'd ripen after Vancouver, but that they deserved to beat him. Schoenfelder, Zhulin, and Staviyski wuzrobbed them. Everyone loves Carmen, most especially Navka, and many skaters commented that as technically good as they are, they are artists first, and make you forget all about the elements.
  30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you Iggie, Cherub, BKFan, Shayii etc for posting all of this.
    It brings tears to my eyes and makes my heart go pitter patter.

How fortunate I have been to see them live a few times.

Those bridal pics are really lovely ... she is one gorgeous woman.

Today is the big day for me and I am so looking forward to it.
    Sitting on ice in my yellow shirt I hope they see me. Last Year Tessa stood in front of us as part of the program and immediately asked how we were enjoying the show.
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

You know i find somethin good in this. Maybe Scott is most hating ice dancer after.... Pasha. And we all know how many medals she won. ;)
    Of couse, Scott didnt made eve 10% from all, what Pasha did :lol:
  32. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Good luck! Enjoy show!
  33. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

:rofl: She's my favorite! And man, she had the talent to back up every word.
  34. parapluies

Its not only V/M they are hating but also the fans.
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes :D But she was a great dancer too. And in my opinion she was the main thing of this team/
  36. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

You should just avoid those places. It's not like you'd lose much by not reading ontd_skating, anyway...
  37. parapluies

:rofl:Thats true they are all hypocritically ignorant.
  38. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

First time I've heard of the place. Just took a look and from what I saw they arenĀ“t opinions worth worrying about. Glass houses.
  39. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

LMAO the person posting the goose pics are so dense that all the pics they posted (except for one or 2) are from exhibitions and not competitions. there is a difference between reusing lifts that have had a full season in a competition and reusing lifts in a exhibition (which everyone pretty much does). and whenever v/m reuse lifts (in this case the goose which premiered at cannats, tessa and scott's first competition after her surgery) its because the lift hasn't had a full season (unlike d/w who reused that lift where she stands on his leg for the tango, the latin sd, and DF and the split lift where she is on his shoulder for DF and notredamedeboring) so yeah i guess its safe to tell them this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbnsih95Ha1qao3r5o1_500.png or rather this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/ac77ddb6bc616e88b267589ae8ba1411/tumblr_mklchdwYpW1rjvogno2_500.jpg also i am laughing so hard at the oral sex joke. its no suprise that d/w ubers are anti-sex and since they love slut-shaming so much ;) maybe d/w should do a duggar style first love ~hairography~ fd im sure their fans would adore it! and ramen noodle curls will look so good on meryl! ;) (i however dont know how charlie would be able to pull off jim-bob's lucious ken doll hair curly hair is hard to tame) it would be great for their wholesome american image
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  40. lola10

lola10 New Member