Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

it's not an opinion that's set in stone ... i'd be happy to come back and say that i ended up loving it.

2. Fort

Fort New Member

While I'm not sure if there's a theme like last year, the recurring umbrellas in the show is for Kurt -- "Singing in the Rain" --, because this is his last SOI tour.

3. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

4. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

It's his last tour for CSOI? I thought it was only his last tour for the USA SOI.

5. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Awwww, i didn't know that. That is so sad:( The umbrellas are a fitting tribute.

Thank you for all the pics, PEZazzz! I can't wait to look through them!

ETA: i really enjoyed looking through those. Ashley looks fierce in that last one! I can't wait to see the group numbers, in particular.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we are the lucky ones, to get to see Kurt's "swan song". I remember him when he had hair, and said he "needed a hug" after screwing up his Olympic program so long ago. He certainly will be missed.

7. Fort

Fort New Member

Yes, but the group performances were choreographed for the US tour. Sorry for the confusion there!

8. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

9. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

11. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

12. Bournekraatzfan

Glad that has piqued your interest, iggie:)

Thank you for all the pics and the vid, PEZazzz, Shayii, and parapluie.

They are all wonderful in that clip, but my eyes were drawn to Tessa...girl can move (but then, we knew that already;)). I love seeing her tackle all the different styles at SOI because her versatility is incredible.

I hope everyone who attended the Ottawa show had a great time!

13. lola10

lola10 New Member

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. I really love this number. But what do you guys think of it? I've seen that some people aren't particularly fond of it. Like Pani has said and also the thread title was perfect, it really is the way they move in this program. So exquisite.

Pics from Stay: http://emiileemarie.tumblr.com/post/48576917969/pictures-of-tessa-and-scott-performing-stay-at

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  15. Bournekraatzfan

Thank you so much for the link, lola10!

I agree, Shayii, and thx for the pics.
    I watch these two and just get lost in the movement. The tilt of the head, the rolling of the spine, the long, languid quality to some of the moves combined with shorter, smaller movements...and the way they exploit the pauses. Each moment is so detailed and full of meaning. I can't stop watching this program.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for all photos and videos. :) Mach more information from second show :D
    Hope to see show "Carmen" version ;) Its interesting for me, did audience like it. I remeber they get all the time standing ovations for Mahler in CSOI ;)
    As for "Stay". I still like the new way they move ;) I love modern moves, moves, wich go with words. I think its obvious that the choreography wasnt made by ice choreographer. Maybe thats why the have so many lifts. But lifts going with music well, look easy.
    I think we all know, that T-S never had exibitions better, then competitive program. ;) This time i like they try new things, to bring on ice SYSYCD number. Its not easy.
    And, like alwayse, they amaze me how soft they are - soft knees, blades, body moves. There arm its something speciall. And this dance look emotional. Dont know, how it look "live", but still like it :)
    As for new lift. This lift will be illigal :(

17. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

So glad someone got a picture of the rolling!! (haha)

Also, Pani, I think you mentioned awhile back about how MT/M would be a good pair to have on Stars on Ice and I thought the exact same thing when I was there. It's so true, they would be so great. I love how Canada has two top amazing and dynamic pairs teams right now!! AND why do you think Tessa and Scott's new lift will be illegal? He doesn't lift her up over his shoulder/head really... ?

Thank you for the pictures and videos everyone!! I'm soaking it all up before summer comes and then we will have nothing :( haha

Iggie: I kinda know what you're saying... for me last year's group programs to Adele were so good and I thought it might be hard to top that... but the group programs are still great this year... There is nothing compared to 'Up' from last year though...

Finally, in the pic I believe that Shayii posted of Ashley and Tessa waiting at the Halifax airport, was the woman sitting in the middle of them Renee Roca?

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

ice dancers didnt allow to made full split head over heels (cant find right words on english)

And honestly, i like Dyan and Kirstem more, then Megan and Eric

19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I finally saw Stay last night and then I saw it again and again and again.
    I cannot wait for friday to see it live.

Dylan and Kirsten have a dynamism and energy that Megan and Eric do not have. They relate really well to each other. They were skating in a show down the road from me this weekend but I was kind of busy and couldnt attend.

20. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Why don't they like it, Shayii, what's wrong with it? I have to say that I am not particularly fond of the music but the dance is really awesome, it's so sensual and it has so many new and interesting moves. Tessa and Scott just need more mileage on it. I suppose they'll keep Stay as their exhibition program for the next competitive season?

21. lola10

lola10 New Member

I think so because (I hope) they will spend more time on their competitve programs.

Is anyone attending the show in Kingston? To everyone going: have a lot of fun and enjoy the great show!

And selfishly, could you please give reports (and maybe even take pictures or videos) for everyone who cannot go or have huge oceans in-between. I am dying to see the numbers Virtue and Moir are in! Thank you in advance!

22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Nothing too specific. Just there might be too many elements and they could have done more with the song--use the lyrics to tell more of the story. Anyways I'm not expecting V/M fans to like everything V/M do (I certainly wasn't a fan of ANMHE), but I wanted more opinions. And I got it, thanks guys!

Ceg15 I was trying to figure out who that lady was too. At first I thought it might have been Tessa's physiotherapist, but IDK.

Pani I really don't want that lift to be illegal, I really love it.

Can you guys spot Tessa and Scott in the background: https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.n.../422072_361051187338745_1301162609_n.jpg?dl=1

23. sequins

sequins Active Member

Whose not fond of it? Show me them!:lol: Cause they are crazy. Open your eyes people, 'Stay' is all kinds of fabuolousness, better than I had imagined.

I understand. While I respect D/R very much, MT/M just have that spark that draw you in. Personality I guess you would say.

24. sequins

sequins Active Member

25. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

I think that rule what Pani said, is valid only in Short Dance.

But, if they'll do it in their fd - actually it wouldn't fit into a "Carmen" style program, more like Mahler #2. But they said, that they won't do Mahler #2.
    So, I wonder, what this program would be alike?
    *Lol, we maybe actually got first stare on their Olympic FD, but we didn't even notice it! :lol: *

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

27. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

28. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

That second pic is so adorable. And she's sitting on Scott's lap…sigh.

30. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

I don't know if this has been posted here before but this hand to hand acro routine might a source of inspiration for V/M lifts, the new lift in stay and the rotational in carmen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGq4k8RMe9o