Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well at least they're not ruling out going back to Worlds, so that's something.

I think they're just saying they did a lot of research this time, listening to a lot of pieces... I don't get any sense of whether Marina picked it or not. I won't assume either way.

I really like Tessa's dress in that photo. Is that from one of the CDs?

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

She was in this dress in Mahler at 2009 SC. And i think it was her old dress from CDs. I love that dress.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol, uh-oh. Yes they should be kissing her feet and treating her like a queen, just stay on her good side lol.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol:
    If they didtn want to use, what she gave them, they must be ready - DW will have all her passion in there programs :D
    From other hand, they always could change FD, like DW made every season. And they Scott will born in something ;)

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but wasnt all the music already decided in the past? Maybe they dont want another Carmen with Igor giving it to another of his pupils.

The main thing is as Pani says if they are happy with the music it will show.
    I just dont want them to tax themselves too much and make the program too difficult . Something crisp but beautiful that displays their lines and special connection is what I hope for.

6. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

So what does everyone think they chose? I wish they gave us a hint :( I hope they made a good decision

7. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Didn't they already say it as going to be "classical" and "elegant" ?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It seems as if they have hinted they will go in that direction but always point out it won't be Mahler, that they've matured as skaters since that. I also think something classical and elegant is not a bad contrast to their Carmen FD. Mahler (classical, elegnant, naive) --> latin FD (pure dance with great latin flair) --> Funny Face (musical story) --> Carmen (innovative, exciting, daring twist on a classic story) --> ??? classical, elegant, mature would complete the circle

9. lola10

lola10 New Member

Didn't they say that Jennifer Swan will help to choreograph their programs from the beginning this time. She might have given them some (music) ideas as well, so they had more options. Virtue and Moir would have been naive to only consider the ones given by Marina Zoueva. It is their last season, so the music has to be as great as their extradionary journey. Additionally, Swan knows them the longest and what they have been through, maybe even better than Zoueva. She might be able to actually understand and translate their special something.

I am pleased they took their time and did not jump on the first piece of music proposed to them. This season is to special to create nothing short of spectacular. And when they are happy with their choice, then it is not the wrong music at all.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

14. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Tessa and Scott's golf tournament is today! I hope we get pictures.

15. parapluies

16. Fort

Fort New Member

17. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Not only is the outfit adorable on her, but I kinda like those earrings she's sporting.

Looking forward to hearing more about their music choices, with a hope of seeing them live in the upcoming season.

18. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Classical and Elegant ... it perfectly describes Tessa.
    Scott too has that wonderful elegant carriage.

I cannot wait as well....

May have to look at the old performances early. I normally wait until July to do so.

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I was expecting to find a lot of pics from the golf tournament. Since it was for charity I thought we would get bombarded with pictures, oh well. When is high performance camp again?

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think in September.
    Could they do Thornhill in August?

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

September! Ugh that's so far from now. IDK if they'll do that, probably will depend on how ready they feel or if they feel it will be beneficial to present their programs at that point.

22. parapluies

23. lola10

lola10 New Member

24. parapluies

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't think I saw it thanks for posting it. I know it's a transcript, but I still find it funny that they decided to include all the ums and uhs in Scott's dialogue.

And thanks too Lola for the heads up about the pictures. I had already given up hope of us seeing anymore.

26. parapluies

Yeah some of what Scott says doesn't really make sense maybe its a mistranslation.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did someone watched CSOI on CBC?

28. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I watched it! It was the same as the December coverage. Only an hour :(

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I thought they showed new your from this year.

30. marikat

marikat Active Member