Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Its actually from Cirque du Soleil. But I am pretty sure there are some people (you all know who I am talking about) who get their knickers in a twist because "her face is near his crotch" who are wishing that lift is illegal :p

2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Some athletes in all sports are more immersed in social media than others. I don't think there's an ugly motive behind Weaver/Poje tweeting a lot.

Skate Canada will very likely PR more skaters than they usually do, not just V&M and Patrick. There's a team event to worry about. Eight potential skaters/teams can share that medal.

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Well said, manhn.

4. Fort

Fort New Member

Maybe that's why it's being shown so early -- so that they can have plenty of feedback on whether it's considered to be upside down, or on enough of an angle to skirt the rule. That way, there won't be a mid (or late) season suggestion that suddenly, it may be considered illegal. ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Thing also is that they never use new stuff on exos to then use it on an actual program, so I don't know. I am hoping they use it mainly because it seems so complex and beautiful and I don't want it to be just a lift they considered using once and never got around to doing it.

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I love that lift so would love to see it in one of their programs, but it could be a lift they just wanted to use for Stay as well.

I don't think the Shibs are thinking about PR; I think they genuinely enjoy doing those things and being in the spotlight. W/P it's probably more PR based, but I can't really fault them for it. They're just doing what they think is best. And I feel better today because I realized there weren't really a lot of tweets on Patrick either.

7. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you and can't wait to see the SOI ones.

Here are some pictures from Worlds including banquet and gala pics, courtesy of David Carmichael (originally posted by Meyers thank you!)
    http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos_2013_worlds.html

9. lola10

lola10 New Member

Thank you for the pictures! Is David Dore getting smaller? ;) I tried to ask CBC Olympics and the Canadian Olympic Team via Facebook Massage if Tessa and Scott did the interview, video and photoshoot but they did not answer yet. I am not hopeful because companies hardly reply to Facebook messages. Maybe someone could tweet them or Scott Russell since he interviewed the athletes. On the good side: on the cbc olympics website Tessa and Scott make some appearances in pictures as one of Canada's hopes for Gold! So they are not forgotten!

10. lyneyuki

lyneyuki Member

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks. We saw this photos. :) Just two compare to tones of W-P photos :D

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But they did photo-set. Maybe did some interviews.

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Maybe? I don't know. But even if they did we probably wouldn't see the interview for awhile. Anyways I know I made a joke about Tessa and Scott not taking a vacation, but I really really hope they do now because its been go go go for them for awhile now. They need the rest.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In Alexei Gorshkov interview i read Riazanova-Tkachenko will have vacations from May 25. I dont know why, but i have impression T-S wll have vacations in this time too.

17. lola10

lola10 New Member

YAY!!!! Thank you pani so much! I don't know if it counts for something but it seems that the Canadian Olympic Commitee is supporting them.
    Concerning vacation, I hope they have some wonderful off-time without thinking too much. If Davis and White aren't at the rink right now (because of this wedding) than they should use the alone time on the ice without the "rink-eyes" watching. It might help the freedom and creativity. And then enjoy the the warm sun.

18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! I wish Tessa will see this montage.
    And yes, tomorrow will be Tessas Birthday :)

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oh I completely forgot. I guess that's why the person made the video. I wish there was news.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, in the end she post - Happy Birthday, Tessa.
    I think this is.fan from Russia.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Double post

23. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to our ice dance queen, Tessa!

24. lola10

lola10 New Member

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Tessa! Wish you all health and happiness in the World!

26. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Count me in as another who would wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Dancing Queen (aka Tessa)! (and now I've got that song stuck in my head)
    You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
    Ooo.. see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the Dancing Queen

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Happy birthday to Tessa!

28. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Happy Birthday Tessa! Hope you'll have a great one!
    I wish you...hmm... I wish Scott gives you a really special present, your new best gift, what everyone has ever given you.
    Be healthy and happy everytime!

29. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.