Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the media sessions today at the summit is on a schedule. I ask because I've seen pics of the other Canadian skaters there doing their media time, but none of Tessa and Scott yet (I don't think I've seen any of Patrick either actually).

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think yes. Maybe VM will doing media time later. Or maybe did it already.
    Like i understand from twitts, we will see some interesting photos soon and new interviews.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Alright thanks I'll keep my eyes open.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Now I see all skaters at press-conference photo, but no VM.

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No Megan and Eric too. I don't know. That photo with Scott and two.other guys was posted today? And photo with.Tessa and Scott on instagram?

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I do think the pics that were posted already were taken today, but maybe they have other obligations/meetings?

8. lola10

lola10 New Member

Yes, both photos were posted today! The group photo even says that they wait for the interviews! And somehow I cannot imagine that no one post at least one picture of them during the media day!

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It's so weird and there's so many pics of the other skaters especially Kaitlyn and Andrew. I'm disappointed because this would have been good PR opportunity. And it's funny that people on twitter are asking where they are. I've caught a few of the live streams and they weren't in those either :(

10. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Cdnolympicteam said that Tessa and Scott left earlier this morning on twitter. Also Meagen and Eric are there too they just came to the conference late.

11. lola10

lola10 New Member

I don't think it is their fault if neither CBC, Skate Canada or any one else is not posting about them.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So maybe when all have fun, VM are.working hard. Its.way to Sochi. At least we have 2 photos of them. Better then nothing.

13. lola10

lola10 New Member

Any explanation why they already left?

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Ahh, I see. Well that explains everything. I'm still disappointed, but they obviously had to get back to more important things I guess.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But they did interview, right? So hope we will see.something. I only think they need to relax, like other members of team did.
    How do you think, they went back to Canton?

16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I have no idea. At this point I'm really confused lol. Maybe they went back to Canton, but didn't Scott say something about a vacation after SOI?

17. lola10

lola10 New Member

I guess they went back to Canton, Vancouver is quite a bit away. They said, they take vacation the last two weeks of May.
    Well there is one picture from Kaitlyn Weaver on a monitor and in the front is a back which could be Scott judging from the chain and hair. I think they did their interviews because they seemed compulsory for all athletes, maybe we get to see them soon.

ETA: Here is the picture I was talking about: http://instagram.com/p/ZQqHgUEiIG/#

18. parapluies

No :(. This makes me sad.

19. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

They probably had to do something else.

And I agree, Lola. It's not their fault Skate Canada didn't post many pictures with them. Tessa and Scott are probably very busy right now too.

20. parapluies

I think they did do their interviews. Maybe we can ask them on twittter if they did?

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  21. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Can you please post the tweet from cdnolympicteam? I can't find it!

22. parapluies

23. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Thank you. But I don't think this matters too much.this meaning the conference. This is something for all athletes not just t/s and there are plenty of people getting no coverage. T/s went did what they had to do and left. This is not the place for PR.

24. m_chenning

m_chenning New Member

It's some kind off-topic but can be interesting for all canadian friends (and not only) who love musicals: This september in Toronto is going to be the production of Les Miserables (the musical) with two wonderful actors- Ramin Karimloo as Valjean and Earl Carpenter as Javert. Imho, Earl is the best Javert I've ever heard. Should not be missed if you like this musical.

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I remember, they said to iggie, they will back to practice just after CSOI and will have vacations in the end of May. I am wrong?
    They need vacation and didn't need to push Tessa too hard.
    And I will miss Carmen too, but can't wait to see new material.
    All SC PR is around WP.

27. lola10

lola10 New Member

I think Skate Canada is rather pushing Kaetlyn Osmond (New Canadian Sweetheart I have heard), Patrick Chan and Kerstin Moore-Towers.At least they got the most tweets of the Figure Skaters. And as PEZazzz said,some other got no mention as well, Christin Nesbitt or Alexandre Bilodeau. Weaver and Poje posted more about themselves than being posted about. Anyway, I was at the Ballet yesterday evening and watched Onegin (the classical Version by John Cranko) During the last Act, I thought that this is great music for Tessa and Scott and the story is just so emotional. BTW, the ballet is based on the poem "Eugene Onegin" by Pushkin.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  28. parapluies

Yeah its not Skate Canada thats pushing W/P but W/P themselves. They have a twitter account. And Tessa and Scott will always be canada's sweethearts

29. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Right, so, I was re-watching Stay and have we determined if that gorgeous lift is illegal? Seems like something Swan might have come up with and I would like to see more of it in competition perhaps.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

After I re-watched this lift, I change my mind. Tessa had split position ander angel, not in upside down position. But I am not sure they will show some of there new elements so early.
    SC maybe try to made PR for not so well known skaters.
    WP and Shibs PR for me is too aggressive.