Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. lola10

lola10 New Member

2. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Thanks for that! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Nooo! I can't deal :(. This is going to harder than I thought (and yes I know I probably sound a little cray right now).

Anyways, Accordion have fun tomorrow and please bring back a report.

4. puglover

puglover Well-Known Member

I have been so depressed since World's and I do feel quite a bit better since Sunday and being at the Calgary CSOI. I splurged on floor seating and treated a close friend. We couldn't obviously see the whole ice surface as easily as I have in past years when I sat higher but it was so amazing to see the skaters expressions and be that close to the action. I loved "Carmen" and shed a few tears realizing that I will now only see it in reruns. It was also great to see "Stay" live. They have such fantastic connection to each other, unison, and ability to express the emotion behind the music that it is such an honour to watch them. Their lifts are so smooth and I was thrilled to see the old lift from the end of Carmen done so perfectly two feet in front of me. I witnessed a few little words spoken between the two of them as they skated by - they seemed very happy and carefree. I always find I can't take my eyes off Tessa in any group number - she is just spell binding. The whole cast seemed to be really enjoying themselves and I caught a lot of little private smiles and gestures as they skated together. It was a fantastic way to spend Sunday afternoon and well worth the cost - even on one of the first nice days we have had in Calgary all year. They never disappoint. I feel so fortunate to have discovered them many years ago and to have taken their journey with them - riding the ups and downs almost as if they were my own children.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for review :) Happy you feel better now.

6. puglover

puglover Well-Known Member

Thanks pani, you're a sweetheart!

7. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

:)

couldn't take my eyes off tessa either when i went to stars on ice toronto! she's fab.

8. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Hi Misha, if I manage to get photos on Friday and my granddaughter email's them to you, can you post them for everyone? As you know, I have absolutely no technical expertise at all :)

9. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

sure. if you send me a review as well (doesn't have to be big), i can post the photo and review together.

10. lola10

lola10 New Member

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

What the heck?! I don't even know what to say. And Patrick at the end…lmao!

Thanks for posting.

13. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Well done...love that.

14. girlscouse62

I wonder who Jason Thompson is? It's an awesome video. Thanks everyone for all the great vids, pics, reports, and blogs. One more sleep and I get to see them. According to the info in the meet and greet pack we can stay in the arena after this event until the show starts. Hope there will be things happening of which we can take pics!! :swoon: :cheer2: :kickass:

15. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed that video and my thanks for posting it. Only question I have is did Patrick Chan only show up the once and that was at the end?

16. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Oh I loved that vid. I really liked that opening number: the arrangement, the choreo.....everything about it.

17. lola10

lola10 New Member

18. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you the quality is great. I was expecting my full attention to be on Tessa but for some reason my eyes kept reverting back to Scott.

I wonder how it must feel for Tessa and Scott to be back in Vancouver as they go into their final season as amateur competitors.

20. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

This is such a good report! And I think you were sitting in the same spot as I was because that lift was 2 feet in front of me too!

In a show where there was so so much to love - and so many of my favourites on the ice and so much inspired choreography - CARMEN WAS STILL THE HIGHLIGHT! Omigosh - seeing it so close was incredible and there was a freedom that I didn't see with it at Worlds. They were so incredibly in character and the crowd in Victoria got so quiet during the number. And when they were showing older footage of them I felt so lucky to have seen them live so many times and to have witnessed so much beauty! Stay was just amazing to see live as well. They are not just fantastic skaters - they are exquisite dancers and actors.

I really liked the whole show and I am a huge fan of Patrick and Jeff Buttle and Shawn Sawyer and Jeff Buttle's choreo as well.

Anyhow - I am so very glad that I went to see the show and that I bought on ice tickets and most of all - so proud to be a Virtue and Moir fan.

21. girlscouse62

So glad you enjoyed it so well, Accordion. Did you attend the meet and greet, and if so which skaters were there?

22. lola10

lola10 New Member

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for that video. I especially like the part where Tessa transitions into different positions while being "held" by the guys.

24. lola10

lola10 New Member

25. parapluies

26. Sylvia

Sylvia Fretting that Worlds is over...

27. parapluies

28. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

stars on ice ends may 10 in vancouver. show starts at 7:30. so it'll be hard to make the photo ops and media interviews for the cast (which start 4:45 and 6 pm). but it's a multi day thing. (may 10-12)

29. girlscouse62

Wow! What an evening. The show was simply amazing. I got to meet Tessa and Scott at the meet and greet. :respec: :swoon:. They are truly charming and so very friendly. They were sitting at the table signing autographs and having pictures taken. When it was our turn Tess asked where I was from and when I told her she said"if you can travel 550 kms to see us we can stand and have our photographs taken with you". So my daughter took a photo of my granddaughter, Kara, Tess, Scott and me. I was standing between T/S and Tess looked down and said she loved how my toenails were painted. Will send photos and vid to Misha who will poat for me. Going to bed will think of what I want to say and report more tomorrow.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks for report!

All updates on CDN Olympic team twitter
    https://twitter.com/CDNOlympicTeam

You could see WEaver-Poje, MT-M, Kevin Reynolds, Osmond.