Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Love that pic. I have it as my desktop background.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you, ceg15!
    Look, like you had good time :)
    Now i cant wait to see "Stay", you intrigued me ;)
    And as for "Carmen". Did audience love "Carmen"?
    And for me Canadian version of SOI is best from all. Maybe just they need to add some japanies skaters and V-T or S-S :D
    And i think it will be good if they will add MTM to the cast.
    I think we gett all videos from Halifax last season. Hope the same will happened this time.

4. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

The frivolous side of me is just dying to see this.:D
    Great review, ceg15.

Lovely CSOI family picture.:cool:

5. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

I love that picture!! I don't remember that exact moment, but great shot.

Thanks bbkenn!

Pani: The audience did love Carmen, but I don't think they appreciate it as much as they should.. as we know, it seems to be above some people's heads... the lifts were awesome in it and it was very intense as usual. Must be nice for them to perform it without competition stress.

VarBar: opps, I messed up the verb tense there.. *Scott wore a grey muscle shirt. I guess I was getting too excited typing haha. Yes, Scott was to die for (as usual ;)). I'm pretty sure his pants were grey too... and kinda loose... but the muscle shirt or wifebeater or whatever you want to call it was very tight ;). I couldn't see the dress details too well on Tessa's dress, but the top was kinda spaghetti strap style or similar to the top of the Mahler dress, with beading possibly and the bottom was a bit flowy... I think the top and bottom might have been two different tones of pink as well. Very pretty.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Loved your review Ceg15. I'll know what to look for on Tuesday (rinkside in Kingston :D). That SOI pic sure is awsome and I love the costuming. I didn't get to SOI last year, but was impressed with Kurt's group choreo, so I'm excited for the group numbers as well, and can't wait to see Tessa and Scott and their new "Carmen" and "Stay" :).

7. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh dear. Now I really want to go see this but the $$$ just isn't there right now. Sucks to be me sometimes. I will wait anxiously for more reports -- and photos and pershaps even video? --as they travel across the country.

Thank you so much Ceg15 for getting your report up so quickly.

8. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i hope someone posts video links to all v/m performances in this show! ASAP purdy please ;)

i havent seen their csoi version of Carmen, but something about tessa wearing a bodysuit for Carmen makes the overall performance look/feel more fierce/raw, as evidenced by their run-throughs throughout the season with tessa wearing bodysuits most of the time. i just wish female skaters were allowed to wear bodysuits in competition. just imagine how v/m's Carmen would've looked like all season in competition!

9. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the so great review, ceg15!

Apparently though this time the group numbers were choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle and Renee Roca, not Kurt (read it in the Canadian Stars on ice thread).

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Thank you SO much, ceg15 for the report. And, I was the one, who hoped for pink/grey costumes. Maybe I have ability to see the future? :D

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

12. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

13. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Oh sorry, i didn't see that Shayii already posted them :rolleyes:

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It's ok Catherine :).

This is silly, but I'm annoyed that people constantly tag/hashtag a fake Tessa account on twitter, including other skaters.

15. zilam98

when tessa wears a black bodysuit, would you like to see her wear white boots with them or black?

16. sequins

sequins Active Member

You mean the greatest lift ever has mde a comeback?:D........ :cheer:......... :swoon: Sounds amazing can't wait to see it. Thanks for the review!
    :lol: that's ok we understand completely.

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I never really thought about that. Mmmm...I think I still like the white the best. Maybe because I'm used to it already lol.

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thank you for the reports and photos! :)

Finally, Carmen in a bodysuit. I've wanted to see that since Skate Canada practice. :lol:

Can't wait to see Stay... Scott looks great. I expected Tessa to wear street clothes instead of a dress though?

Very happy to hear they did a new lift, brought back the choreo lift from the end of Carmen, and did the Goose with umbrellas... how is that possible? :lol:

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Only me going crazy waiting some CSOI videos? :lol:

20. zilam98

nope, me too

21. zilam98

personally i would prefer the black boots as i've never seen tessa wear any other colored boot, and i think it would to the intensity of the program, kinda like tessa in a whole different light

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I never notice boot colors. :shuffle:

23. zilam98

too bad ;)

24. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thank you for asking this! I am into these kinds of details too, and I would prefer black boots just because they continue the line all the way through. I feel like they would emphasize Tessa's gorgeous extensions.

And thank you Shayii and CatherineC for the pics!

25. Bournekraatzfan

Omg, i would be over the moon if that happened! S&S are my favourite pairs team ever aside fron G&G, and Dai is another all-time favourite. I lso love V&T, Kozuka, Akiko, and Mao (who is one of the best EX skaters out there, imo). I emailed SOI asking them to invite S&S and if they hadn't already...i hope we get them in the future but i know they have very busy touring schedules.

And CatherineC sees the future:D

26. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I. CAN'T. WAIT. TO. SEE. THIS.

27. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

And I've never liked anything but white boots for the girls. I don't even like the beige-colored boots many girls wear, I think it makes their feet look clunky. Always.

These little details truly are in the eye of the beholder. :)

28. zilam98

i just think that tessa in a black bodysuit and boots makes her look like a rockstar! she would look more bewitching IMO

29. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Well-Known Member

Great review! I have my review up at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca. I have videos of:

Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?

30. Bournekraatzfan

So true, maggylyn, so true. I have been looking all over for a pair of those beige boots, i am not even kidding! I really, really love them. I would also like a pair like Pasha's 1998 boots...a soft lavender. And i want to wear them with over-the-boot tights! I will debut them at the V&M uber thread convention/skate-off.

I am curious to see the front of Tessa's dress. This program sounds wicked. Hope we get vids soon!