Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

That split pic of tessa is something else. It was quite far from me so its so much better close up.

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont know who this lady is :confused:

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's the fake mother in law ;)

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

How i could forget about this? :lol:

5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Me too.

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oh yea I did notice the big television cameras especially during the practice. Anyways the girl said she will upload the rest of the vids (hopefully not in montage mode).
    Haha. I don't know why, but that is hysterical to me that they would have fake in-laws for the shoot.
    When I first opened the link it did go to a video media, but I had to close it because my teacher was walking by. Now I have the same problem you and Pani have.

ETA: She uploaded Carmen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhN06Yv7-r4

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  8. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

That's Bettie Bradley, editor of Today's Bride. She used to host a show called "The New You", on City TV Toronto (I think?). I also remember her doing fashion/beauty spots on the old Marilyn Denis show on City.

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oh thank you. That was what I thought initially, but the fake mother-in-law would have worked too lol.

10. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

It's certainly funnier! :lol:

11. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

thanks for posting it! to me it looked like they were getting ahead of the music, even though it's the abbreviated version of carmen, but they still managed to milk every note just to time their ending pose to the end of the music hehehe

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

13. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I still prefer the competition version.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks for Carmen video. Is this full version? They need more ice to do this FD.
    And I think its first time Tessa and Scott become number 1 in ISU World standing? Congrats to them! Two full seasons now paid off.

15. lola10

lola10 New Member

Thank you everyone for the videos and pictures. Although, I like the competitive Carmen more (it was just a masterpiece), I find the exhibition Carmen very nice as well.
    And pani it is not the full version. Circa 30 seconds at the beginning are missing, because the battery of the camera died and the poster had to change the camera quickly.

Also, great that Tessa and Scott are number 1 again, back where they belong!

16. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

and i just hope the momentum would carry on to sochi gold!

17. Golightly

I know, right? I am so disappointed now :(

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Tessa and Scott never was number 1 in ISU World standings, because last time.they had 2 full seasons was in 2006-2008.

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks. Not enough space for FD like this.

20. Golightly

Wow, it's true! Well, I am glad it finally happened even if I don't really care much for these rankings. But it must be nice for your resume, so way to go, guys!

21. Golightly

Not to mention that Tessa and Scott do actually cover a LOT of ice so it must be tricky for them to skate when the space is limited. But this program is still a masterpiece, my goodness, I love Carmen SO much. It's the kind of program you never forget.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I remeber they talk about they want to be number one in ranking.
    Yes, this ranking isnt important, but i hope this will rice there confidence, when they will remeber, how long they couldnt skate two full seasons and how much they won during this 2 years.

23. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

That is true I guess that why the exhibition version is slower.

24. Bonem

Bonem New Member

Also, why burn yourself out. The audience isn't judging anyone based on that criteria. There may even be a safety issue involved with SOI shows. With the boards removed, what happens if a skater falls/skids across the ice blade first into the audience who are sitting at ice level? Would the carpeting provide sufficient resistance to stop the skid?

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

26. marikat

marikat Active Member

27. lola10

lola10 New Member

I think because Finlandia Trophy (or any other B-competition) is not hosted by the ISU in cooperation with the respective national federation. But the scores and results are recognized by the ISU and therefore show show up in the World Ranking or are a possibility for skaters to gain the minimum scores before entering the Grand Prix events. But it is taking place according their website:

http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Last season was more seriose B competitions - in Minsk, USA.
    I think D-W will go to Nebelhorn and V-M could skate at Thornhill Throhy or in Finlandia.
    Will you go, Marikat?

Thank you!

29. lola10

lola10 New Member

I hope they are doing Finlandia Trophy. The (non-geoblocked) coverage of the event was great and we got so many pictures and interviews with them. Finland seems to like them and they had a good experience there. Additionally, there are international judges so they could get some valuable feedback on both their programs.

30. marikat

marikat Active Member