Virtue and Moir #28 - Something In The Way You Move

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

It didint have the rawness and lust of Carmen but I think it took the sensuous hallelujah to the next level.

Time and time again they draw you into their skating so you feel like a special guest.....

2. lola10

lola10 New Member

Maybe that is the reconciliation-part after Carmen :p

And yes, they never cease to amaze us with their skating!

3. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I really hope that they do a super dramatic exhibition or dance next season. Carmen was amazing, but I want more!

4. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

as the tip of my pen hovered over the document i had to sign to acknowledge that i had received my stars on ice pre-show pass, i took the time to read what it said and grinned. i glanced up at the curly haired-air canada centre teller and told her, "this is so cool". she laughed. clearly written on the envelope were the words, "guest of moir".

a few days before that, i'd arrived home at midnight to find an email from stars on ice, which said that the registration for the toronto meet and greet closed at 5 p.m. i raised my dark eyes and stared out my window, wondering what to do because i wanted to meet tessa and scott. most the time, they're in another country, but on friday, they were going to be in my city, ten rows away, under the spotlight. i refocused and sent a reply to stars on ice, explaining who i was, what i did and why i wanted this chance. "is anything possible?" the next day, an img exec sends me an email saying that his team will leave a pre-show pass for me at the will call booth and "tessa and scott will try to catch up with you then." but as i stood in front of the booth, i was just so surprized to see the pass attributed to scott. i was kind of stuck on the try part. a meeting wasn't exactly guaranteed but with this neat little personal touch, i started to feel like maybe, just maybe it was possible.

read the rest here.

alilou, flowerpower, maggylyn and 3 others like this.
  5. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Thank you so much Iggie!! I totally teared up when Tessa was talking about the rice, especially since she has never shared it before! Soo adorable of Scott, really shows their love of one another.

6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Wonderful interview and article Iggie. Thank you so much......very very positive. I'm thrilled that you had the chance to meet and speak with them and they recognize all the work that goes into your website, and also recognize and appreciate their fans.......Wonderful!!!!

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Cool iggie!

:lol:
    So they already know it? That's so awesome.

Haha, Tessa was pointing out one of Zhulin's quotes to Scott. Love.

I realized today I forgot to add in a transcript of a youtube with Christopher Dean talking about them. :slinkaway I'm so mad at myself, you have no idea. :wall::duh:

That interview was great, your rapport with them was very natural, they were incredibly sweet and I was happy seeing them so happy. :) The information about Stay and Jean Marc was new and interesting. I also loved how proud Scott was of Tessa.

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Iggie,
    That was absolutely wonderful. You have a wonderful way with words. You make us feel part of the interchange. I hope you are thinking journalism as a carrier.

The books also looked wonderful. So much work on the blog and books. It is very much appreciated by us fans. I always look on your blog as a resource....it's great that they do too!
    Congratulations on everything. It must have been a great experience.

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

First of all Misha I am so happy that you got to have this experience. You deserved it so much. I asked for some light in this thread and I got a lot. I have a lot to comment on, so here goes.
    They read the blog! Or they've read it. Whichever one, it made me smile regardless.
    This makes me very happy to see. Hopefully they take that to next season.
    This amused me because I never imagined that Tessa would wear something she herself didn't pick lol.
    This just melted my heart. Seriously as if I needed another reason to love Scott anymore...amazing.
    I'm so glad those quotes about why Tessa is an amazing dancer were included in the book. She deserved to know this and I hope she's not so hard on herself anymore.
    It did. And more. I'll like to thank you too because if you hadn't reached out this wouldn't have happened. Also thank you to the other V/M fans that helped in this and helped make it happen.

10. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Did anyone else tear up a bit when reading the rice bucket part? That's just so touching and speaks of the remarkable partnership they share. I haven't watched the videos, they won't play on my phone. I can't wait to get home and see them all. Iggie, thank you so much once again for all the hard work and for sharing this with us. I'm so very happy that they know your blog and even read it. Amazing. Also, let me tell you, you write beautifully, I felt as if I was there myself. Beautiful.

11. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

First and foremost, I want to thank you, iggie, for doing what you did. You could've easily met them on your own, yet you went through the extra trouble to include all of us in this experience. I hope it was better than you had imagined.

I'm so happy they answered my (I'm pretty sure...I think) gift question! I'm glad it was an opening for that amazing story. That just reminds me how much of their daily lives and both their working relationship and friendship that we don't see. With every interview/clip of them in which their personalities, the more I realize how fantastic they are as just people. Needless to say, Scott is an amazing gift giver haha.

Petition for fans to conduct all interviews with them from here on out, with iggie being the main journalist? ;) We got much more interesting replies instead of the same old set responses.

12. Proustable

Proustable New Member

That was lovely, iggie.

13. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

thank you. the longer i took, the more i felt compelled to make it good. lol. like any writer, i could work on it endlessly, but after a while, you just have to press submit.

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I did. I thought that part was particularly special as I could tell what it meant to Tessa in her tone.
    Thank you again. Truly :)

And your writing is absolutely beautiful! I feel it's important for me to say that specifically.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  15. walei

walei Well-Known Member

:respec: iggie!! It must have been so exciting actually having some personal quality time with Tessa and Scott!! I probably wouldn't be able to talk and fall asleep later if it was me :lol:

Thank you so much for doing what you do!!!

16. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wow.. iggie. Sweet blog. What a great fan you are!

17. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I love it that they were asking you questions and were curious about you! And I love that you were able to surprise them with some positive details from this board. Well done! So glad you had the opportunity to do this and shared so much with us! THIS is the best!

18. lola10

lola10 New Member

iggie, thank you so much for the video and the report, very well written and so thoughtful. Also, a thousand thanks for including us into the interview and therefore making it also very special to us. I am so happy for you experience and that they were so opened.

19. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Well-Known Member

Wonderful job, iggie! It's clear that you are a passionate fan of these 2 and I can only imagine what a thrill it must have been to meet them, present them with those books and get the chance to ask them questions. Thanks for sharing! :)

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I too teared up a bit abour the rice incident. It is really so sweet and bears out what we fans have always said on the board about Scott's softer side!

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, iggie!
    Happy for you! Like all this little things :swoon: Its amazing how supportive Scott is.
    Did Tessa tell to us SD stotyline?

:lol:

Proud to be VM fan.

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I think that was just an example of how detailed Jean Marc gets when he's setting the mood, but maybe she did inadvertently let something slip. ;) I love that he even asks "where is the music supposed to be coming from"... it's a good question. :rofl:

One thing I appreciated learning was that Jean Marc had a history with them, which I didn't know. I like that their off ice choreographers are those who have really had a hand in teaching them to dance. She said they met him about 10 years ago at a seminar he was giving with his wife, teaching lead and follow (which Scott joked meant teaching Tessa to lead, and Scott to follow ;)). It's not as close as the relationship with Swan, but it's nice.

I was also wondering, has Jean Marc spent any time with them on the ice? How does that all work? When they were at his studio, was he teaching them some dance moves which they will figure out how to translate to ice themselves?

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of that. Now you've got me trying to guess (which isn't really working because I don't know many quickstep music). Scott is so amazing, great guy. And I'm very proud to be a V/M fan too. They're just stunning (on and off the ice) and I hope they felt good reading both books iggie put together.

24. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Cherub, I also like that they have a history with their choreographers. It tells you that they are both heavily involved in the choreo process, otherwise they wouldn't call people they know and have worked with to lend a hand.

I was wondering the same thing the other day. Interesting indeed.

25. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Tessa is such a sweetheart :saint:

26. sequins

sequins Active Member

Way to go iggie! That was beyond fabulous, thanks so much for sharing. The rice story had me a little misty-eyed as well. People can say what they want about Scott but he just rocks in my books, and probably Tessa's as well.:)What a sweetheart.

On a completely selfish note I noticed you quoted me on your blog I suddenly feel very:cool::lol:Thanks again iggie! Keep up the great work!

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont think Jean Marc worked with T-S on ice. Just in studio.

Guys. did you know, what Zoueva said to Jeffrey Paul Dore?
    http://www.openkwongdore.com/2013/04/29/episode-nineteen-marina-zoueva/

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  28. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

In the past, V/M would work with choreographers on the floor, and Marina (or Marina and Igor) would figure out (with Scott and Tessa) how to translate everything on to ice.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I know that in this case, Tessa and Scott went to Montreal to work with Jean Marc, and I don't know if Marina went with them (I have a feeling she did not)... do you know if the other dancers traveled to Canton? I think Grinenko did, IIRC. So would they videotape their rehearsals with Jean Marc, and then bring that to Marina to translate it to the ice?

It seems to me, that in that system, Jean Marc isn't really choreographing a program per se (because he doesn't know the requirements for competitive ice dance, and it's difficult to choreograph without the sense of glide the ice provides), so it's almost like he's teaching them dance basics and some highlights and a program needs to be built around that. It's not like he can teach them a ballroom step sequence, just, I guess, the proper way to carry yourself in one. And it's V&M, as the dancers, who have to pick up the right way to do the hold, the feel of the dance, etc. Then V&M have to translate that into a program with IJS elements, with Marina and their coaches. Jean Marc can look at twizzles on youtube, and maybe give them some ideas to jazz them up within the character of the dance, and then Marina figures out if they can translate to level 4. Ditto with ideas for lifts.

I find the whole process very interesting and I have a great respect for V&M if they are working with Jean Marc off-ice in one country and then with Marina on-ice in another country. It would be much easier to have everyone in a room together!

I assumed, though I don't know for sure, that Jennifer Swan at some point does work with them at the rink. She said they tried a lot of things in the studio that didn't work out on the ice. I wish we could see the practices off ice. I wish they would consider doing an exhibition of their programs in a ballroom or a dance studio. "Stay" would be perfect for that. Winkler & Lohse did an impromptu bit of ballroom once on a talk show and it was a lot of fun.

30. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member