Virtue and Moir # 27 - ROAAAAAAAAAAR

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by rainbowkisses, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

New interview with Maxim Staviisky. He talk about top teams at WCh, about Denis and Patrick (and he said Den skate great, but didnt win yet). Also about Zhulins teams from Azerbaidjan and Turkey.
    And some quotes about T-S.

http://www.pipcindom.ru/showthread.php?t=3935&page=20

Scroll down to Albena and Maxim photos.

About C-L Carmen.

Quote:
    There are some good things about italians, some thoughts about I-K.And what he think about Nellie and Alex skating (i must to say, i agree with him, but at WCh they could skate better, then at CoR, when i get this impression).

2. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Here we go again with the labeling. For the love of the Universe, DW aren't better technically. I think that's exactly what we've been proving these last weeks! Their technical foundation is not a good foundation. What DW are is more consistent and how can you not be when you skate variations of the same program all the time.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Honestly, Staviisky didnt tell D-W better technically. He said for others now its easy to catch up both teams, after they start working without Shpilband ;)
    And he appraciate Carmen so much

4. iNap

iNap Active Member

It is true Meryl and family own Canada now. Tessas dress is Meryl dress :rofl: She ask Canadina tailor to make it small:lol: How did D-W get V-M moves? Marina ask them to recycle own moves ;)

V-M have secrete baby or large dog or cat? ;) It is much shame on D-W ubers who not spend nights and day writing praise of D-W all time on all the internet or writing bad thing about V-M skating and personalites. They not even write in own tread. D-W fans are not good ubers. V-M ubers is the best :D V-M ubers is so clever they can talk all same greate things in different repeat ways for so many pages and blog. They also can give good insults to D-W at same time. Then blog get discuss here and page get discuss in blog. This make life complete. V-M uber have full dedications and will give own life sacrifices for V-M :D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Well it's good you are one step closer to realizing V&M are the best.

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  6. iNap

iNap Active Member

There is difference between V-M uber and V-M ;)

mollymgr and (deleted member) like this.
  7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol: Pani........you are "somethin' else.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, i have ubers :2faced:

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  9. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

10. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Although by proving that Meryl is not as good as Tessa in lifts you have also proved how good Charlie is - after all, he is the one who gets most of the work done in lifts, since Meryl is not helping him very well ;).

11. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

i finished with the last post in the series analyzing the articles for this season -- marina's comments on carmen at rostelecom cup. for the other posts, you can start here with the introduction

she gives great insight into how and why carmen was created. interesting, a program like carmen was specially requested by the judges. she won't talk this way again at worlds, so it's a fascinating read.

12. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, iggie. I haven't read the rest yet, but what Marina told was very interesting indeed. So she agrees about new and different elements. But, unfortunately, I think it would be near impossible for judges to judge that accordingly, since they can't be expected to remember all the previous dances and elements of all dancers. It's even unlikely that they would have seen all of those dances. Many are thinking just about Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie here, but you have to remember that such rules about old and new elements would have to apply to all ice dancers.

13. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

You may well be right. That's a very good point. In that case, perhaps the ISU ought to revise the criteria and take out originality from the "choreography" section. It's not fair to include something in the criteria if it cannot be scored or there is no intention to score it. I do think though, in particular with V&M's FD lifts, they are very different from typical ice dance lifts, so it shouldn't have been hard to notice the innovation there. Also, I would expect new elements to help the interpretation score indirectly, because it's more likely that the new elements were designed with that music in mind (certainly it seems to be so in Carmen).
    There is also that positive GOE for twizzles done in the character of the music, which again, does not mandate doing new twizzles, but certainly it seems more likely that new twizzles would be done in character than that a couple designed a set of twizzles that goes with every possible music style.

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks iggie! I actually don't have much time right now, but I absolutely had to comment on this:
    Excuse me for a second while I throw something. Are you kidding?! So judges basically asked them to do this program and they delivered it on a silver platter to them. So what happened, they just all of a sudden decided they didn't want a program like that anymore? When I said last year after Worlds in Nice that the season we just finished would be a bitch and there would be a backlash, I never actually imagined this bad.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

16. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Well you do have a point. Charlie is better than Meryl when it comes to edges. His edges are deeper.

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Do you think she's not being truthful? I mean there are some things in the article I would take with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure Tessa and Scott themselves said that the team had to bring in Jennifer Swan after scrapping the first version of Carmen. But the part about the judges asking for a program like Carmen I don't have a hard believing actually.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think she could say anything. Will wait hat she will say next season.

19. teaspoon

teaspoon New Member

Swan's story matches Marina's:

(From here.)

She did help them remake the program, but they asked for her help in May and what V/M + Marina created from May to July was always just a working draft.

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I do know for certain that some judges had similar feelings as some fans when V&M debuted Funny Face last season. There was frustration, they wanted them to do something out of the box, out of their niche. I think Carmen clearly answered that. But there were probably other judges who like the classic V&M. It's obvious from the marks that not all the judges placed ND above Carmen. So they gave some what they wanted at the risk of scaring the ones who like comfort zones.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

22. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Well, duh, of course he is. I have always said that.

23. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Since WTT is coming up, anybody want to guess team captains? I personally want kaitlyn weaver for Team Canada although chan will probably get it...I used to do gymnastics so i'm crazy about team events :D

24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oh, I think Kaitlyn would be fab as a captain. She comes across as someone who loves to have fun and isn't afraid to let her enthusiasm show. I would agree that in all likelihood it will be Chan but since he did hang out with Kaitlyn and Andrew, maybe we could get lucky and she'll help him captain the team. ;-)

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks pani. At first I wasn't sure who the proceeds go to, but I saw it in bottom left corner. And holy moly at the prices!! I hope it's successful. I also saw the video binker posted FF on Ilderton website; it's so amazing how they're supported there. And the little girl that said she hoped Tessa could get well soon after what happened at 4CC was sweet.
    I think it's going to be Kaitlyn or Andrew because they're into things like that. But it might be Patrick too.

26. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

How cute it is that Tessa and Scott are starting their own annual Golf classic? Pretty adorable!

27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Was going to comment on this earlier, but forgot. I thought it was a different concept that got scrapped altogether. That's the impression I got from the interview Tessa and Scott did in CoR anyways.

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, In Moscow they said they did FD in Ma and then change everything in August.

29. walei

walei Well-Known Member

So supposedly Team Canton is working out their new programs before they go for their vacations... Is that after SOI or is that right now? I still remember last year we were all discussing and pitching ideas for their music selection, none of us thought of Carmen and it probably turned out waaaaaaay better and waaaaay more exciting than most of us had envisioned for them with our music choices.

I'm getting excited just thinking about what they will come up with as their grand finale of an illustrious, pioneering career!

30. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

thanks , Pani. Was so glad to hear they are doing an annual golf classic for very selfish reasons. It tells me there is going to be an ongoing business relationship that , hopefully, includes them skating together for several more years with the possibility of us seeing them in a professional career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.