Virtue and Moir # 27 - ROAAAAAAAAAAR

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by rainbowkisses, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Excited to see W/P, but that's about it. I really didn't want Tessa and Scott to go, but I'm still a bit sad I wouldn't get to see them and Carmen again. I also felt pretty bad for P/B for their sixth spot at Worlds. Hopefully they have a better skate here and I hope it's not too little too late.

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

4. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i have a feeling russia will end up on the podium

since we all know that recycling lifts is key to win gold :lol:, i hope v/m recycle this lift [​IMG] i honestly dont remember if its from UoC or one of their junior programs

everyone wants them to do ballet or another mahler like program while im just waiting here for another program like UoC

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Russian commentator ador V-M rotational lift from FD. He said - you waiting this lift all FD and then this happened - amazing :D

6. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Maybe they will perform Carmen at CSOI. Time for a road trip? ;)

7. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should stick their final rotational lift in the SD lol.

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I think I could enjoy the Finnstep and also think V/M could do it justice. Just wondering, what other dance does everyone else think they might use with the Finnstep?

9. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

I think they will do a foxtrot, which would highlight their elegance.

10. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I'd love them to do a foxtrot with the Finnstep. So perfect for them.

11. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i do agree with it. and posters should stay consistent with using initials, and not flipflopping between the skaters' first name initials and last name initials, especially with team disciplines (ice dancing, pairs). it can get confusing and that's something you want less in this thread when people's emotions are on the edge.

12. rainbowkisses

Nahhh.

anyways heres a gif of scott shaking his butt from that new yuna kim documentary in which i had more information about :(
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/b651b1ff8d082145134962b72b755cf4/tumblr_mk78j9y74n1rr3320o2_250.gif

eta: I just realized how :rolleyes:it would be to hear d/w being introduced as the current world champs heading into the olympics. but then I realized it doesn't matter because they would be overshadowed by the introduction of the current olympic champs :rofl:

its quite sad thought how our current oly champs keep overshadowing our recent world champs :lol:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  13. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

I think the Russian audience will be very delighted to see V/M in Sochi.

14. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I don't know about that . If you are a true ice dance fan you will know who's being talked about :p:lol:

15. rainbowkisses

yep!
    I hope pani is going:lol:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  16. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Well good seats for the Olympic FD event are 600 CDN dollars...you never know...Canada to sochi anyone?

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I will not go. To spend so many money to see first OGM for americans :D
    I thought about Team competitions, but now i am not sure. Maybe better to watch on TV.

18. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Lost faith already pani? Goodness. The pressure is off V/M and on D/W. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Tessa and Scott have their OG already. They can now go out and skate their hearts out in what will be their last season.

19. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Right. I personally understood that nuge was talking about Nathalie/Fabian, since she was talking about P/B to begin with :). But it's easy to see how people could be confused.

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I too will be staying home and watching.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just thinking about myselves. ;) I tired to see how Zouve Ego play with federation and with the bst ever ice dance team. If SC dont care and support D-W and made PR to them, i dont want to see V-M repeat B-A way to there secons OG.
    Plus i dont care about Team event medals. And dont think V-M need to help SC to get one.
    As for D-W. Al was done for me already - they get more tens, then other skaters ever get (even more, then Chan, Kostner and Kim). So they are better even then T-D, G-G never had so many 6.0. So what are you thinkg about? They won with very bad FD, so with something a little better, they will have all 10th and could fall 3 times. And they never get injuries, illness and alwayse run with max speed (in your opinion) so there fans are rights - they have OGM already.
    And honestly, this season WCh gold for me were much more important, then something could happened next year.
    Didnt you think it will be so great - the same medals with D-W, OG medlas, like W-P, D-R and Osmond will have in Sochi :D

22. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

Well said and good points. This is what I truly hope for them.

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I am kind of looking forward to next season, although it will be bittersweet. I am sure that whatever Tessa & Scott choose to skate to, I will love.

24. Proustable

Proustable New Member

If V/M recycle lifts, I'd love to see that serpentine lift from Pink Floyd again, particularly in a balletic context. Their lines in that lift are just jaw dropping. If they could do the Goose as a choreographic lift, that would be cool too. Or the Latin Trio curve lift as a choreolift!

25. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I keep going back and forth on this. Recycling seems to be the way to go, but are V/M allowed to recycle?

26. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

good point.

27. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I think they'd be fine.

28. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

gosh, if know how i write posts here, you know that i edit them a lot. i keep editing until someone replies and quotes me and i have to stop. but when i have my own blog, it gets ridiculous. anyway, i'm writing two pieces of commentary. one about the short dance articles and the other about the competition results (though not really the marks). i've edited them a lot and i may not be done. besides changing my mind endlessly, thinking about how much i want to say, i'm also a poet so i'm always playing with these words and trying to say my ideas better. here they are though. on my blog, i normally just link to stuff, but if my worlds section is going to be filled with gifs of v/m beaming and articles of them being so nonchalant, then i feel compelled to keep it real. the official story is normally sufficient, but not this time.

excerpt from the results commentary:

now, not only have they (and skate canada and the canadian media) moved on and there's no drama to be found here (with no one challenging the fact that meryl and charlie, a team that is quite frankly known and loved for their uncontrolled, fast and athletic style of ice dance, won the free dance only on pcs and goe's, marks for quality, detail and artistry) . . . but within minutes, they could say with the most genuine of smiles that they're "proud" of london, had a "great" week and will use this experience in sochi. the hometown angle is reduced to simply mean that they were "lucky" to have had the opportunity to skate worlds minutes from where they were raised. it was "nice" to skate in front of the people who've supported them from day one (because it's apparently rare or something). out of all their losses, they've certainly had worse. and in the end, what happened went beyond the marks, medals and anthems. if one moment can capture it, it was when they stood by the boards before they went out to skate the program that would inevitably earn the perennial champions silver. scott's face was bright, his eyes softly focused on tessa, while the crowd cheered them on in anticipation. "let's do it for us. it's you and me out there". but this hometown worlds was positioned as the most important competition for tessa and scott, second only to the home olympics. the afterglow of vancouver last for months, but the afterburn of london was non-existent except for a few unguarded moments in the kiss and cry post short dance. what gives?

to read more, click here

excerpt from short dance article commentary:

a year ago at nationals, tracy wilson was absolutely indignant with how the judges were marking tessa and scott and brought it up every moment she could. even though they won, you could tell tracy was furious with how the judges were systematically diminishing the asbolute mastery that tessa and scott demonstrate on the ice because the scores were far too low. on saturday, after reading from the current hymnal, she smiled and joined the refrain, telling us that these marks were a-okay. instead of giving a voice of reason to the shock, these articles, the official commentary from so-called experts, preemptively shut the complaints down and wrote the most insincere narrative to describe what happened.

to read more, click here

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Misha I posted my thoughts on your posts in your blog. And I believe I agreed that with another commenter about why Tessa and Scott were more content with their loss. After the SD I mean we all saw it in their faces that they knew it was over, so I agree with you that they probably made their peace with it before the FD Saturday. I definitely wish they got more support from the media and SC and Marina said she doesn't care if they get second or first so I just don't know anymore.

Anyways sahararainfall made this beautiful compilation of Tessa and Scott's senior FDs: http://midnightreignofjazz.tumblr.com/image/46357344608

30. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Iggie,

I just read both of your posts. Your words are as beautiful as V/M's skating and dancing. Both resonated with me deeply. I had thought the waterworks, which have given over to rage as of late, were over with, but I'm sitting here with the tears pouring. I'm going to collect my thoughts and leave a few comments on your blog here in a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.