Virtue and Moir # 27 - ROAAAAAAAAAAR

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by rainbowkisses, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Just because I like numbers, I went and looked at the protocols for both V/M and D/W for the Yankee Polka. Here's what I found

V/M
    @ SC: YP1 was a level 3 and YP2 was a level 2
    @ COR: YP1 was a level 2 and YP2 was a level 3
    @ GPF: YP1 was a level 3 and YP2 was a level 4
    @ Worlds: YP1 and YP2 were both level 4

D/W
    @ SA: YP1 was a level 2 and YP2 was a level 4
    @ NHK: YP1 was a level 3 and YP2 was a level 2
    @ GPJ: YP1 and YP2 were both level 3
    @ Worlds: YP1 was level 3 and YP2 was level 4

I would say that V/M eventually get to level 4 as the season progresses but if you really want to come out of the early gate strong, would it not make sense to have levels as early on in the season as you can? I am hoping that by starting their next season a bit early, they will get those levels by the time they are at their second comp at the latest. That way, they can concentrate on upping the quality of the rest of their program.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

True thank you for this analysis. But I also think that with the scale of difficulty in their programs, not much attention was paid to the yankee polka throughout the summer months so it did get better as the season went on. The finnstep is also a relatively new pattern dance for them since they've only done it one season and that was some time ago. My biggest wish is for them to be strong right off the bat and they know that they have to be strong too. The compulsories were never a strength of D/W and with this analysis, it is more apparent. Considering how much they liked the polka, they did not do as well it seems.

3. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

4. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I know that V/M like to spend the GP feeling out their programs and developing them, but when they're up against recycled elements (i.e. muscle memory instead of learning new things), they need to figure out how to come out absolutely strong as possible as early as possible. Taking their time is not a luxury they have.

5. rainbowkisses

6. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

8. rainbowkisses

aww i wish i could read the rest of the article lol

9. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

This is my favorite picture from Worlds: http://24.media.tumblr.com/c7cb8431e7dc159cb3cdf7176c0c3f76/tumblr_mk12usYzQb1s5wk03o8_1280.jpg

That's an ice dance team.

BTW, I don't know who took these pictures, but they probably read this topic. Thank you for sharing them on Tumblr, I wish I could give you proper credit and add your name. If you wish, please let me know I will edit this post and credit you, as it should be :) Amazing photos!

Credit should go to Orelse, here's her amazing Photobucket. http://s897.photobucket.com/user/Orelse/profile/

Look at this one: http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Orelse/Worlds2013 Friday/IMG_2093_zps2ffc3947.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

That looks like one of Meyer's pictures. BTW she updated the album: http://s897.photobucket.com/user/Orelse/library/Worlds2013%20Saturday%20practice?page=1#/user/Orelse/library/Worlds2013%20Saturday%20practice?page=1&_suid=1363932450531012218247286410261.
    This is probably my favorite picture: http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Orelse/Worlds2013%20Saturday%20practice/IMG_3681_zps21d28a94.jpg. It comes with a disclaimer though lol:

11. Golightly

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yes it's the same person.

13. Golightly

Well, thank you for those amazing photos, Meyer. Just gorgeous. It must be amazing to photograph such amazing artists.

14. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Still, quite cute they prolonged that movement :) Must be comforting or something! :)

15. rainbowkisses

16. Golightly

Another thing I find interesting in that picture is that Marina is looking at V-M. I know people want them to leave, I do too. But I have no doubt she actually cares about them and their results.

17. professordeb

Very nice gallery of photos. Really enjoyed seeing them and thanks for sharing the link.

Could be a very long off season waiting to hear their music choices and the dances for the SD.

18. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

i'm basically done with the posts for this worlds so i thought i'd post the links here.

videos
    articles
    photos

here is the 2013 worlds tag. when you click it, you'll see all the worlds post in one go
    here is the 2012-2013 season tag. same thing, but you'll see the whole season.

enjoy!

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks Misha always appreciate your efforts!

Has anybody seen the interview from this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/dd5588909888c8abaa466ca6f79d9839/tumblr_mjvxddh9MY1s5wk03o2_r1_500.jpg

20. rainbowkisses

21. professordeb

That would be why I didn't see it since I didn't have the correct starting time for the gala. My printout from the week before showed it as a 7 PM start so I'm here on FSU reading when someone is posting that the gala starts in XX minutes. Looked at the time on my computer and realize that it's like 35 minutes beyond the time of that post. Yeah, I was late to that party. However, I did get to see Fernandez :D and everyone else after that.

22. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

if you guys go on the mastercard facebook page, there are some photos of fashion week with tessa in them. For those of you who know figure skating in more detail, how tough is the finnstep on the scale of compulsories. Because in my opinion its appears more complex and fast than say the yankee polka.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  23. rainbowkisses

link please?

24. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

it is indeed more complex than the YP, and it would be harder on v/m because of tessa's leg injury history.

25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your work its a wonderful resource especially off season!

26. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

27. rainbowkisses

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Tessa's condition is under control right now; The Finnstep is not going to be harder on V/M. In fact, they're EXCELLENT quicksteppers, so I expect V/M to knock it out of the park with their SD next season.

29. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

If they do a ballet program, they could a ballet promo for cbc ;P

Good to hear! The finnstep is an interesting compulsery

30. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

According Rahkamo/Kokko, the steps themselves are not that difficult but it is the timing that is difficult. It is also important to skate the Finnstep with a very straight back.
    Who has better timing, musicality, and back posture than V/M?
    If the judging is up to snuff, V/M should have no problem winning the Finnstep section of the SD.

BTW, I can't seem to find the quickstep OD by V/M when they were juniors. Has it been removed from youtube?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.