Virtue and Moir # 26- There's no place like home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I just watched the FD and I thought it was absolutely amazing. I don't know if it was their best performance or not but it completely moved me. And they were so breathtaking! Tessa should have worn that dress the entire season--so beautiful. I'm so proud of them and I love them so much and I wish them the best for next season.

Ioana thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I was very sad too, especially when I couldn't get home in time so was following along here. I know they love Marina too much to leave her, but I really wish they would just evaluate their situation.

So happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew, but felt awful for P/B too. Also felt bad for C/L cuz they had to follow Tessa and Scott lol. I really love the V/M family here, you guys are amazing!

2. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Does this mean we should prepare ourselves for POTO 3.0 to win gold in Sochi? :scream: :lol:

Yea, love the V/M family here too. Different people, ages, languages, nationalities, (not to mention different levels of appreciation/indifference/and yes for some posters even hate for their chief rivals :D), but for me it is nice to come here and be part of a net community who loves VM as much as I do. You guys do talk a lot. I am like behind 20 pages or something. :lol:

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Some lady on the SC FB page claims she's Tessa's grandma and she knew her knee was hurting and she said Scott stays in their trailer park? She also asks them to send her tickets one day. At first I was like what the hell? But I'm pretty sure it was someone trolling…I don't even know what to say lol.

4. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Ah wow, shades of a future coach?

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I thought that was a fantastic performance for them. The ending was especially effective. And I LOVE how intense Scott was. If there is a direction I would like for them to take, it'd be for a dance (short or free--their pick) where Scott was thematically the focal point.

I am hugely relieved they will continue next season. I am spending a bunch of money to go to Skate Canada on the other end of the country. I wanna see Tessa and Scott live one more time. I have the entire summer to learn how to record video on my Galaxy Nexus and upload videos on Youtube. It will be my mission to capture everything about their new programs. That and check out the Anne of Green Gable site.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Good morning everyone! :) I really can't talk much - i just can say - I'M SO PROUD, I'M SO PROUD!! I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF THEM!

Anyways, my vote for next thread too is ROARRR :D

Guys, it's my 1st season with you all and with V/M actually. I've watched fs since I was little, but I'm V/M fan since this summer.

I can say only - IT HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE! I'M PROUD, I'M SO PROUD TO BE THEIR FAN!

7. vmfan82

vmfan82 New Member

Hi guys, THANK YOU for making this thread so amazing with so much valuable insight, reports, and most of all, with so much LOOOOOVE for Tessa and Scott! :) :) :)
    I just watch the FD couple of times and I loved it! They were on fire! Loved every bit of it!!!!
    Regardless of the outcome, they were definitively the big winners yesterday. At least to me.
    What I like the most of this program is how much it has allowed VM to GROW, as dancers and as athletes. The have risked so much this season, and it has all being worth it. The could had gone the usual, sweet-hearthish way and won this since easily. But no, they wanted more. "Carmen" challenged specifically Tessa's personality. It must have been so hard to be so provocative, seductive and...bitchy (as a part of the character. No insult intended, I hope you know what I mean) on the ice. I love how supportive and protective Scott has been along the way with her. And this is just the beginning!!! I cannot wait to see what the result of this growth is going to bring next season!!!!!
    It is so hard to put in words how proud, inspired, moved I feel by these two. Tessa, Scott, you have enrich my life so much by your art! Thank you for skating with so much heart and love and for honoring, without reserves, your amazing talent and connection!

And yes, ROOARRRRR (however you want to spell it), ought to be the next thread title!!! :)

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I want to echo the sentiment on that pep talk, thanks for the short transcription tapper88!!

What really gets me is not only the words but Scott's calm reassuring demeanor. Nobody knows the pressure, stress and nerves Tessa was under better than him and he was there to give Tessa his full support. I think their relationship transcends more than a partnership and more than a romance or even family. I can't explain it but I wish I have someone like Scott in my life to give me that kind of pep talk, but of course it would only work from someone I trust completely and I know Tessa trusts Scott 100%.

I was a bit nervous because it looked like they were taking extra long to take position, but as soon as I saw Tessa gave Scott that wink I know it's done, they will bring it.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi< guys, did i miss something? Was press-conference and medal ceremony video posted?

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What a crazy people :rolleyes: Tessa didnt have knee injury.

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

You are so right.

12. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Wait, I didn't see a wink. Where?

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I have been a bit depressed but they were on fire for Carmen.

After the SD I didn't think they would win but I hoped that Carmen would win.

They enlarge the boundaries of the sport each year.

They took the hard route staying on after Olys even with Tessa's injuries.

I for one am thankful for each year of memories.

Yes, I sat there and wanted to cry for them but was damned proud of what they have done.

On another note next year will be their turn!!

14. vmfan82

vmfan82 New Member

Right after they started skating, after their little talk, to take positions. You can tell better in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25OI887-LA

;)

15. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Around 1:05 mark at that vid vmfan82 posted ;)

16. vmfan82

vmfan82 New Member

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! Its funny, how they both said NO at the same time :lol:
    They looked very happy during interview for CBC. Maybe this was before they found they are second?
    Cjuld i hope at lleast Swan will work only with V-M, not with others?

Ioana, Emdee thanks for reaports!
    Ioana, it was so great to have you at this WCh and get all this backstage information from you.
    I understand you. But you need to re-watch T-S FD. It wasnt that bad at all :D
    Did someone asked them about WTT? And cant wait funny reports from exibitions practice.

18. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I too had to rewatch FD . It was hard being in that moment.

I will have to read Ioana 's reports. The schedule was gruelling no time to breathe.

But I am so proud of them and what they have one.

6th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd since they are in seniors. Plus OGM I don't think any one else has that kind of record in ice dance.

19. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Can you give me a link? :)

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Hear hear and amen to that

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I download it from fsvids

22. sakura

sakura New Member

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    They didnt put part about Scott said they will not be ckassical V-M again :mad:
    But need to put this "we love Tessa-Scott". "We love Meryl and Charlie" Booo....
    I understand, what T-S bring to M-C traning, but cant understand, what M-C doing for T-S.
    But from another side - maybe its hard understand, how generic dancers you are, when you see V-M every day and that you will never could skate "Carmen" because you didnt have dance tal&#1091;nt. So judos to them to stay so strong mentaly in this situation.

And Charlie, i hope you really will be challenging nest season, because if you still runing arround the ice with another POTO, in Russian people will give you Booo.... Its not Canada :) So show you are the best and try to do something other. please. OGM need to do something more....

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  24. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Pani, you misunderstood me. I.was there, how could I have said they were "bad"?? Please don't exaggerate. They were wonderful, I just felt they were a little slow. I don't care about that, especially in their case, but it seems to be THE thing in ice dance these days, and I guess it's the only explanation for the PCS difference. I was proud of them, and I stood up and screamed my lungs out along with the rest of the arena.:)

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I understand, i was talking about speed. Because on my TV DW SS was slow.
    We all understand, this was Patrick 10 points wich T-S must to add to there score :lol:
    And any explanantion couldnt did this results fair if we are talking about CC and TR PCS.
    Zoueva said in interview after FD that in next season the main thing will be speed on wich ice dansers did there elements. And that after Sochi will be next chamipons, who will bring something new to the sport. So - she is talking about D-W are already OGM.
    I cant understand, why everyone see they dont need to be in Canton anymore, but not V-M.
    But what we could? Nothing/ Maybe they wish to be on second place with on of the best FDs under COP.

In old good days the most part of the ice dance team gold was - good choice of music and choreo. Not the same now.
    But i dont think D-W didnt understand that there FD isnt there best even on there own standarts.

26. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I was so fortunate to be there for Short! I do want to mention that the audience was so supportive of ALL skaters. To see both V/M and D/W live was one of the most astounding experiences in skating viewing for me. I saw the Long on tv and that Carmen performance just grabbed my heart and yanked it out! How many times can we say breath-taking? And the roar made me jump and knock the cat out of my lap!
    Skating audience really knew they were watching something special and they gave the love!

27. Bue

Bue New Member

Not since the amazing Klimova and Ponamarenko, anyway. I feel like V/M have brought us back to the glory days of ice dance, and pushed the discipline even further. One day I am sure they will be remembered as the all-time greats.

Can't wait to see what they give us next year (even if their seeming desire to stay with Marina and insistence on boundary-pushing is certain to give us all many grey hairs in the lead up to Sochi :D)

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think Scott didnt look happy at press-conference. :(
    Tessa is so amazing. She is shining :)

29. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Scott's always like that at press conferences. I think meryl and charlie were very careful about what they said.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont think so. Charlie is just shining and Scott look like he lost all the World. Cant understand, how all you didnt saw this during medal ceremony.
    At last season 4CC audience in USA didnt support V-M at all. But you need to give SO to D-W. And i think its only in Europe people understand what is unique talant V-M are. For you enought running D-W with generic FD