Virtue and Moir # 26- There's no place like home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Mar 11, 2013.

1. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

the dress might have been heavy with all that material but i don't think marina needs to make excuses for them.

2. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

It is possible for the dress to cause a problem on the twizzles.
    This dress is slightly shorter but, more importantly, fluffier which can interfere with Tessa's ability to grab her skate cleanly (for the first set of twizzles).

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I think that's key. I'm not particularly concerned about next season.

5. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Oh, i feel the same way about the particular posters you are referring to, you know I do. I just don't want sap5 lumped in with them, as they are a poster i feel is cognizant of the fact that our little community would like to use this thread to support V&M and I want sap5 to feel welcome here.

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Hm, maybe I'm overreacting then if even another skater picked up on that. But I am sure Tessa will own her mistake and not blame it on the dress.

What were Tkachenko's other impressions? He's a great dancer, so I'd be really interested to know what he said about V&M, D&W, P&B, B&S, and I&K.

7. Judy

Judy New Member

Hey guys just returned from the compeition. It is sport ... I agree about a different type of pressure and distractionand davis and white just did better tonight. Yes the title is lost but i expect to see an amazing carmen on saturday

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

If the practice reports are to be believed, they've been having issues with their twizzles all week. So, why didn't Zoueva just now figure it out that it was due to the new dress?

Not that I particularly buy that theory.

9. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del

11. Annizerat

Annizerat New Member

This sounds ridiculous. I hope that it isn't true, because it would be a stupid mistake by all the team that works with team. And the another dress worked better with the music!!
    Tessa can't be perfect all the time, everyone makes mistakes.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del

13. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I am finally able to get on the Internet for a longer period of time since I arrived in London. And I was sad tonight after seeing the freedance live and wanted to come and connect with you VM Ubers - misery loves company?

A few things

I saw the practice today and it was so glorious seeing them in a less formal setting and just being able to see them live for that long! But I was worried because from what I could see - Tessa seemed so worried about the twizzle sequence and Scott seemed to be reassuring her a few times. Also the new dress is pretty but I definitely preferred the old one.

Like IonaC I was less impressed seeing D and W live. I have really enjoyed their short dance on my screen but live it was not as epic to me. That was true of the practice and tonight in competition.

However I am not bothered too much by DW's score because in all truth - if VM season's best for the SD was 75 - the score VM got tonight was generous. So it is all relative. Truthfully I thought VM would be lower with the mistakes / shakiness. It was good. It was lovely and I feel privileged to see them again. But it wasn't them at their best.

Watching it live - I have to say DW deserve to be in 1st place - and probably by about that amount.

I don't know what to hope the reason is for the less than their best though. I think they will feel terrible if it was the heavy dress that caused the issue because it could have been prevented and they will beat themselves up for the change. "If only we stuck with the other dress.."

On the other hand - I hope it isn't because Tessa's legs are just messed up more than we know. Because if that is the case - then that will be the case forever. They won't be able to beat DW who are so consistent if they can't do their own material the way they need to.

Another possible reason - the pressure of performing not only in front of their home country - but their home town.

And then I started wondering tonight on the bus back to the hotel if she was in a great deal of pain all season but persevered because of the home town Worlds. And then I started worrying they would call it quits after!

I just don't know what to think. But thank you to everyone in this thread because it feels better to be in here. I haven't gone to any of the other threads and I don't know if I will.

Here is what I am hoping. I am hoping it was just nerves and that the idea that it will be difficult if not impossible to win - that they will skate their free program with freedom and joy and hopefully no pain!

14. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

no pani dont say that
    they're gonna skate the fd and they are going to OWN it
    even if they lose they are gonna go out there, bask in all the cheers and enjoy it
    it is they're last worlds no?

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

So annoyed at the hypocritical people that post about V/M fans in other parts of this forum.

16. walei

walei Well-Known Member

:respec: Last time Tessa and Scott were this far back after SD was in GPF 2011 where Scott fell, and then put up the best performance IMO of FF that season. I had bad vibes about them all week but now I'm starting to feel positive.

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol his aura turned back that's seriously funny!

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

The Russians are SO awesome in their support of V&M. Love him even more now.
    Love it. :lol:

19. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Totally agree!

20. sequins

sequins Active Member

Exactly. Skating is not as popular thanks in large part to the judging. But to imply we don't love V/M and Chan is beyond ridiculous. Skating fans in Canada adore them but yes there's less of them around then back in the Elvis days, but for anyone to say otherwise just because we show respect to others who perform well don't know what they are talking about and it ticks me off. We love Scott and Tessa and all our skaters and we want it so badly for them, but when life happens it breaks our hearts as much as it does theirs.Scott and Tessa got a great crowd reaction but obviously we knew the error so it was a little deflating and D/W skated first so we showed them respect, so what? Pani I really wish you would stop bashing Canada everytime things don't go the way you think they should. Again we love V/M so give it up.

21. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Didn't Zueva say the same thing about Tessa's original Farrucas skirt when she was struggling with her legs?

22. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

oooh where? :lol:

23. Bournekraatzfan

I think i am going to stay in here with you all. I just can't take people putting down V&M and V&M fans at this time. It is really sad that some feel the need to do that.

Thanks for the reports Judy and The Accordion.

24. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

It's a competition. We need thick skin. :hat1:

CARMEN

25. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

First of all, this is to answer one of Pani's comments: the audience were most certainly not behind D&W, although they did cheer for them. They were heart and soul with Tessa and Scott, and the disappointment was palpable after their marks. People were almost anesthetized, they couldn't get excited for any of the skaters in the last group. They all got polite applause and that's about it. Except maybe for the Shibutanis, who were also supported by the many American fans. I think Judy and Miriam and other people who were there can confirm it.
    Second of all, I agree with Judy: D&W just did better tonight, and handled their nerves better. If it hadn't been for that damn twizzle, I really believe Tessa and Scott would have won the SD. Maybe not by much, but they would have been first. The beginning was great, the polka, excellent, they had wonderful energy, and then the mistake just took it all away. The step sequence wasn't as good as in practice, it fell a bit flat, and it was enough to lose those essential points.

The press conference was a heartbreaking exercise in putting up a brave face... They almost never stop smiling, but when they did, they looked absolutely crushed. All the teams were asked how they felt about their performance. Meryl and Charlie were pleased (obviously) and Charlie thanked the coaches for giving them a great program that fit them so well. Scott said they were very pleased with how they skated and that they did everything as they had practiced... He thanked the audience for the wonderful support and said "it's a night we're going to remember" (there's more than one meaning here, I think...) They were then asked if they weren't a bit disappointed with the result. Scott said he wouldn't call it a disappointment, but that, yeah, they hadn't planned to be in second after the SD. There was another question for Tessa, about why she changed the dress, and she replied that sometimes she needs something new, a fresh idea, when the program becomes second nature - apparently the dress had been made from the beginning of the season, but she decided to wear it only now.
    The final question was about the FD, and how they are going to approach it. Tessa said they love Carmen, they've been trying to do something new, to blend new elements and interesting connecting moves, and to challenge themselves. She said they're very proud of the program and hope they will skate it perfectly on Saturday.

I'm very happy that none of the journalists who asked questions emphasized the disappointment and the fact that expectations had been so high. It was kind and respectful towards Tessa and Scott. I think people could see how heartbroken they were, despite the cheerful mask.

26. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Thank you so much for that report.
    At this point, all I want is for them to skate the FD to their full potential and be completely at peace with themselves.

27. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

This is the best place to be tonight.

28. Bournekraatzfan

IoanaC, thank you for sharing that with us. I am happy to hear that the journalists were respectful in their questions. And that is so nice that Scott thanked the fans. Thse two appreciate their communities so much.
    Did you see tessa and scott with any family and/or friends tonight? I just hope they get big hugs and kisses from the people around them.

Speaking of which, (((Tessa & Scott))) (((V&M thread family)))

29. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Thank you IoanaC

30. Bournekraatzfan

Yes it is.

And whoops! I meant to say V&M and V&M fans. We take quite a beating here sometimes, and as much as i try not to let it get to me, it does. It is nice to be with friends:)