Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:eek: Who said she had been crying earlier at the beginning of video?

Commentators said, why they hhad stop in FD. How amazing this ex is - nothing more.
    That their style is to talk before skating, they every time not just skating, but tell the story. And this is no simple story, but Tessa-Scott story. And he tell about this song history.

BTW on funny note. This is guy who fight with Pushenko wife now :lol:

Sorry, if you cant understand, what i sad :(

2. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I could be wrong, but I think the last thing he says to her before they start is "I'm proud of you". (I'm usually good at reading lips, but they both mumble a lot so I'm not sure)

3. martyross

martyross New Member

Seems that Scott says this to her a lot. i find it a little patronizing, hahaha.

4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I don't know about you but hearing someone I care about say that they're proud of me is the best compliment there is. I can't see how that's patronizing, but that's just me.

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  5. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

ITA, Golightly.

I think it's very sweet when Scott tells Tessa he's proud of her.

6. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

ikr that program had so much potential :(
    i hope they bring it back as an exhibition

7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It's been said many a time that Tessa is a perfectionist and she gets really down on herself when she isn't perfect. I just rewatched 2009 4CC and in hindsight it is obvious how much pain she was in and how undertrained she was at that point. You can hear on video while they are in the K&C Scott telling her that she has nothing to apoligize for and she did a great job. I think when he tells her he's proud of her it's because he knows how tough she is on herself and is trying to alleviate that. She is the one who stopped in the FD and she is the one who probably feels like shit because she let him down. She's hard on herself so it's good that she has a partner telling her the opposite.

8. vmfan82

vmfan82 New Member

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I have been a long time reader of your threads, but always too shy to join in. Perhaps it is somewhat late to mention this (my account validation took forever...), but I am extremely proud of Tessa and Scott for their wonderful participation at the 4CC last week. How they handle what happened during the FD only shows what a strong team they are. I wish Tessa a full recovery and hope to see them following their plans to compete in Worlds this year and beyond.

Oh, and thank you to everyone for their thoughtful, well-spoken inputs and analysis about team VM. You guys are amazing fans! :)

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

You're welcome here, vmfan82! Hope you will enjoy being with us, other VM ans! :)
    I am too newie here, I started fan about VM only this summer. It just has been some months with their threads, but I already feel so good with this fan company!

11. martyross

martyross New Member

welcome, vmfan82! :)

12. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

I agree with you bmcg. Tessa has admitted in the past that she has had doubts about herself and has felt at times that Scott is the better skater and that she feels that pressure. I cannot remember the source of this - maybe their book? I also cannot believe that she could possibly think such a thing, but we many have self-esteem issues that don't necessarily make sense to other people. I have never seen her as disappointed as she was in the K&C at 4CC last weekend and I think she probably really needed that positive reinforcement. God, I love them so much. They are so good together in every way!!

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks Pani and Golightly I can tell by her eyes. I also don't think Scott saying I'm proud of you is patronizing at all. Like kittysk8ts said Tessa can be hard on herself so I hope Scott tells her and reinforces what an amazing skater she is everyday.

Welcome vmfan82!

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Do you think Scott push her to skate in Gala? I am not sure I see this is this case. Skaters could miss Gala because of injury. And I think she was shining.in
    the end.

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't think so. If anything Tessa probably pushes herself and wanted to skate in the gala. As much flack as they're getting for this, I bet it's probably nothing to how hard Tessa is on herself right now; you know we're always the hardest on ourselves.

16. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Why would he push her to skate in the gala? For heavens sakes!

(I know you're probably commenting on something someone else was claiming elsewhere. But all I can say to that idea is :rolleyes: )

So they're getting flack elsewhere? What bull###.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, but Tessa danced in the finale. She is very strong girl. Maybe I will wear yellow t-shirt during SD and FD at WCh. Fingers crossed for her and Scott!

18. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

I have absolutely no doubt that they will win their 3rd World title next month. It will no doubt be a hell of a fight, very intense and very exciting. Just how it should be!

19. flowerpower

Yes, she's a very strong girl. Very determined, and very much her own person.

My fingers are crossed for them, and I really hope Tessa is healthy. But as Ted Barton of SC British Columbia Section said when interviewing them post-Nationals in 2010 (referring to the Olympics)...no matter what happens, we'll still love you.

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I just knocked on wood for you lol. They don't have to win for me (don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if they did), but I just want them to have two amazing, lights-out, out-of-this-world skates. They deserve it and we deserve it.

Can somebody please tell me how they are so in-sync in this gif? (Really a rhetorical question, but needed an excuse to post the gif)

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I remember that interview. They talked about Meryl and Charlie hairs :) Yes, no matter what, we will love them. I asked PJ tell this to Tessa. And its good t
    for them to have support from Canadian journalists. After all they.did.all this for Canada, so deserves to have better support in there home country.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks for this gif! That's because they are Virtue and Moir. And they are perfection

23. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

Agreed! And the gif - this is my favourite section of the sd!! Such beautiful movement, deep edges and knee action, speed without frenzy so as to accentuate each move and nuance and of course, perfect syncopation. Exquisite.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just read PJ blog. She agree with me about choreo marks. But I added transitions marks too. I know, a lot off people will be angry on her, but thanks PJ you tell this. And if someone love both teams I cant understand, why they didn't see this difference in choreo.

25. flowerpower

del

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

They're so on in that "gif" that they even open and close their mouths in sinchro....;). Poor Tessa, she seemingly gets down on herself when she shouldn't. She was a beautiful teenage girl when she won her gold medal, now she is a magnicent woman. They support one another and that's the way it should be. Wonderful to see!

27. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Lovely Valentine's present! Mr. Accordion and I were waiting for our Valentine's dinner to be ready to be picked up and we spent the time watching Virtue and Moir videos! We started with the performance where I first saw them - the freedance at the 2004 Canadian Junior Championship and worked forward. As much as I want them to win FOR THEM - for me - I am just so very grateful for each and every performance of theirs. They are exquisite, mesmerizing, elegant, skaters and actors and dancers. Their lines are SECOND TO NONE. Their range is mind blowing and their grace is beyond comprehension - even when in excruciating pain. Russian folk dance, 2006 Tango, Valse Triste, Farrucas, Mahler, Pink Floyd, Everybody Dance Now, Umbrellas, Latin, this year's waltz and Carmen. These are just a few of their out of the ballpark performances! In addition - I have been watching several of their CDs lately and I swear they have to be among some of the best CD dancers of all time! Thank you V and M for every moment of every performance. Watching these videos tonight reminds me I am proud to be a complete and total UBER!

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  28. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

So well said. They are creating a legacy and I am along for the ride!

29. sequins

sequins Active Member

Just wanna say I agree with everyone who says Scott is a great partener and that it's awesome of him to tell her how proud he is of her. Who wouldn't want to hear that? It just shows me how far they've come. When you look back pre-olympics you can see/tell such a difference in their relationship, and they've been very honest about it as well. I feel like before the injury and before the olympics it was all about winning, all about working towards that, pushing, focusing solely on that and in the midst of that pressure they lost the personal relationship, they forgot they were friends, human beings and they weren't honest with one another which they've admitted because they wanted to win so badly everything else took a backseat. The injury in many ways I think saved them and I wonder if they'd be the team they are today and even Olympic champions without it. I think it forced, especially Scott, to realize how important they are to each other and that if they didn't get back the respect and communication not only would they probably not be a winning team, but probably not a team and maybe not even friends at all. Maybe winning in 2010 relieved a lot of that as well but now when they have difficulties I see Scott handling it totally differently, always supportive, always encouraging, always wth a hug or an arm around to show support. He acts like it doesn't matter because I think he realizes in the end it really doesn't. Tessa is extremely hard on herself for obvious reasons. She is usually the one with the injury problems and I imagine she feels a huge sense of guilt and responsibility but Scott lifts her up with those words of encouragement. It has to or I think she would've given up by now. We no she is such a perfectionist but I can also see she wants so much to please others and to not let anyone down, especially Scott. She wants to make him happy, its why she gave up a chance to be a ballerina , why she went through painful surgeries, rehab and why she still pushes through today even though they've accomplished everything. They love and respect one another like few teams I've ever seen. It's why I love them, why I will miss them so much when they leave, why they will be legends, and why no one has or will ever compare IMO. It's not so much the skating (but that's great too:)) it's everything else they have that goes with it and that we've had the honour of witnessing.They are once in a lifetime. So when Scott tells her he's proud of her I think he speaks for all of us. I'm proud of both of them. (Sappy huh? must be Valentine's Day hangover)

30. elle123

elle123 Member

For all the Glee fans, how did you like how the music from Carmen was used? It made me think of Tessa and Scott :)