Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like videos from HPC. At least we could see, how this work - how they talk with skaters, how skaters learn to made elements on higher level ect.
    And this was funny, how Scott talked about Tessas dress amazing :lol:
  2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I still like I'm Coming Home song. Think some of the lyrics work: maybe something in the refrain
    or in a verse
    Fingers crossed for Worlds and wishing them performances that make them happy and proud. :cheer:
  3. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

THe bit about the dress. I got the feeling we never saw the dress Tessa was talking about because one of the advisors told her "No, it needs to go all the way around". I only watched the once so maybe am not remembering correctly.
  4. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I think the clips online were behind the scenes or online bonuses, and one focused on Tessa and Scott specifically so that's why it had more footage. I don't think it was supposed to be in the documentary in the first place.
  5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. She said - one side is short, and Zhukiski said to her - it must be all arround. But her blue dress at first GP events didnt had short part.
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Why? I was happy that latvians wrote so much about T/S and NOTHING about M/C.
    As well as lauravvv I think you didn't get something in my posts.
    But that's ok, we all make mistakes in our lives! :)
    I can say, that I'm in big love with V/M, not D/W and it's definitely not the wrong thread for me.
  7. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

CatherineC -- I think what some of us thought (myself included) was that you were upset that there was little/no mention of D/W by name -- only by their nationality. It certainly felt that way to me and I had to wonder a bit. Sometimes, when English is not a first language for a poster, comments don't always come across the way a poster means. Usually I get the gist of those type of posts, but I didn't get that sense from yours. Not to worry, though. Message understood.
  8. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

:)
    And I'm sorry for my bad english again. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. professordeb

No worries! You corrected our misconceptions and all is good!
  10. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

For me English is not the first language either, but I think that CatherineC's English is actually quite okay. And I think that with all those :D, "I like it", "MEERYYYLLLL! YOU FORGOT TO PAY TO LATVIAN TELEVISION FOR THEIR DESCRIPTION!" (Is the humor really so difficult to get? :confused:) and "LOLOLOLOOOL" it should have been fairly clear. So, probably her English was not at fault at all. It may be that some of us are just too suspicious when it comes to any mentions of Davis/White, so we tend to see things that are not even there.
  11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Possibly. Fwiw I understood CatherineC and think your english is fine.
  12. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This was my first thought about this dress. And if she talked about it at HPC this mean she had this dress already. Werid she didnt use it untill 4CC. I love this dress.
  14. rainbowkisses

yeah it was probably the best dress she wore all season

anyways i hope meryl paying skating federations to get recognized becomes a thing because i found CatherineC's post quite humourous (and by thing i mean an inside joke/running gag or w/e :lol: just how #scottmoirhatesthisevent has become)
  15. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

agree with Pratfall, that is awful. Maybe you can remind them that you were promised this access at the time you subscribed? Maybe they will make it available to you? At the very least, they should give you some money back.

Thank you for the links to the interview and the pics of the arrangements. You guys are awesome. I am sure they feel the support and love:)
  16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for support. I will send them email, but this how rights for streaming work. Just Ш will not buy assecc for nest season.
  17. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Code:

Not that I have any clout but I am happy to petition them on your behalf.

Maybe after the worlds? I will send them an email. Just send me details and amount.

Miriam
  18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks for support, but its really not a big problem. I only hope, that canadian users could watch practice and will tell us how thing will go :)

Miriam, i have new information about banners.

So if you will hold your banner in your hands - this will be OK. Like i undertsand, this arena is too small and no place where people could put banners. But from other hand, this arena had much better view then other, like in Bercy and CoR.
  19. fanof

fanof New Member

O, really? i thought this teams spend money on training ;)
  20. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Of course :D . But when I read that article about Meryl's "London Grandmother and her connection with this city" - it really looked a like she had paid for journalists.
    And it is just my sense of humor, don't take it serious :D
  21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I only want to say - i wish to see Jeniffer Swan in K&C at WCh :) I know, this will never happened, but i could dream ;)
  22. professordeb

CatharineC first my apologies for not reading your first post about the report where you live. My bad and I'm willing to take my punishment of 20 lashes with a wet noodle. :D

Now, about that article in the London Free Press. Just so you know, I felt kind of ... uncomfortable when I saw it in a newspaper I receive here at home (I get London's paper here where I live which is about an hour away from London) and I was surprised to see it in print. Of course, it being about figure skating, I thought "definitely have to read this". It was a nice piece but it somehow seemed kind of ... wrong? to be reading such an upbeat article about a couple who are the biggest threat to our own golden dance couple winning. I mean, it was nicely done, lots of tidbits of how Meryl has all these Canadian ties (including one that is very close to where I live). It just wigged me out.

How many here would agree that we would not see such a write-up about any Canadian single/couple in a U.S. paper should the circumstances be reversed?
  23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It was from the begining. Canadian press and commentators alwayse support Meryl and Charlie. But USA commentators and press didnt support V-M. And how Tanith, Judy Blumberg (who will be in tech pannel at WCh) talked about V-M and how Tracy Wilson and Kurt Brauning talk about D-W. I think you could feel the difference.
    But maybe canadians think- good thigs happen with good people? They learned this lesson with B-K, when they alwayse talked about unfair judging and B-K even couldnt get btonze at OG in 1998 where (IMNO) they were third.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  24. rainbowkisses

that article would've been more appropriate if it was published AFTER worlds
  25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This will be nice, if this article was published a lot of years ago. Afte D-W become seniors and skated at SC in 2006 and 2008. Or even before 2010 OG.
    Its understanding, canadians will be nice with all skaters. This will not be like in Nice, when french publick was not jind with Patrick after he won gold, or like they did when Anisina didnt win gold at 2001 WCh and at TEB Chinquanta get boooo :lol: Canadians not such kind of FS fans, so i cant understand, why Meryl worry about this? If she had so many supporters at stands, we will see them all, they will show big support to D-W :)
  26. piano18

piano18 New Member

Hi fellow Canadians!

I watched this Carmen here and IMO this is the best skating (skating wise at least) in ice dance COP history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS9HFO-vgG8 . Virtue has improved her skating even from 5 years ago, tremendously (IMO - which, I must admit, didn't think might be possible). Now, she is unmatched today (I thought she would be surpassed by at least a diva Russian this time 4 years ago).
    Go Canada and Patrick! :lol:
  27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Hi everybody I just saw some pictures of Tessa and Scott practicing Carmen and they look really awesome and ready. Can't wait until next weekend!

ETA: Scott's hair looks short so I think he cut it (sorry to all the people that like it longer lol).
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  28. volunteer

volunteer Member

Agreed - we'd never see such a generous article, based on what we've been seeing lately, it probably be more of the same. It also gave me a feeling almost like we've already conceded the win to DW. I just don't understand the nature of the press around VM.
  29. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Is it possible to post these pictures?:eek:

I'm so excited for worlds and so happy I will be there to see them live for the free dance!! Something tells they're going to be amazing ;)
  30. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

During my trip to London today, especially while passing through downtown, I saw 4 Worlds banners, 3 of which were of Patrick, one of Tessa and Scott. And the two billboards I saw were also Patrick only. Great job promoting your home skaters there, Skate Canada.
  31. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I saw it on FB, but it's a secret group and the person that posted it said it was like a secret practice so they couldn't say where it was. I hope you plan on giving us a report. I wish I could go.
  32. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

A secret practice but this person posted photos on facebook?

:scream:
  33. rainbowkisses

:duh:
    i hate how skatecanada prefers men singles over other disciplines
    for chrissake its tessa and scott's hometown!
  34. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for information, Shay! :)
    O no - Scott, who told you to cut your hairs? :( But hope this is the worst thing wish happened with them at WCh :lol:
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for report. Hope you will have time to made a little reports for us from London :)

Guys, i have an idea. I could give information about my SC account for someone from Canada and who could see practice. And maybe this person could uplooad videos for us, who couldnt watch it, later.
    If you have ideas, send PM to me :)
  36. Judy

Judy New Member

We will be at practices tommorow and will some reports on v/m
  37. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you a lot!
    Cant wait when competitions will start. Cant belive this is first WCh in 4 years i will not see "live" :D
  38. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Hah, no need to apologize, it's okay, and how I said - we all are just people, not robots, and we all make mistakes in our lives. :)

And just for the information - latvian TV will show almost ALL the world championships from first competitor to last, and all of the events will be showed "live".
    It's always so hard to find streams, these are the ones, who almost always work -
    http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot.com/2010/01/tv-channel-ltv-7.html
    http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lic...ream.ls.lv/ltv7_2_lv&type=rtmp&autostart=true

Just click on them, when the competition will start :)
    And I'll try to give you some reports, what latvian commentators said about V/M and D/W, what they liked the most.
  39. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Oh, and my idea how to call new thread - Hometown Glory.
  40. pani

pani Well-Known Member

CatherineC , thank you! I watched ECh on TV7 stream and they showed all competitions, wich was cool!