Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

WOW! Thanks for posting this. I love this banner have photo from "Carmen".
    I hope one of russians T-S banners will be in London too.

2. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I sent them an email and asked the question as to where I could pick it up. Or even if I could pick it up at worlds itself. DD has to drive me and take me there and she cannot leave before tuesday evening .

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

4. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

There are multiple billboards with V/M across the city as well. I pass one every day on Dundas east of Highbury.

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

That must be so exciting Luckiest1.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

During SC exibition practice :)

I love this! Hope to see photos off al them :lol:

7. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

8. martyross

martyross New Member

9. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

:lol:The first thing I did was to make it my desktop wallpaper. And then I scrolled down and read your post. I love this.:lol:

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Ha ha......it's my desktop wallpaper too. We leave next Saturday for London, and busy getting stuff done beforehand...........getting excited, well, about as excited as an old gal can get anyway :).

11. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. rainbowkisses

14. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! Virtue and Moir being interviewed by phone on CBC right now during the Junior Worlds coverage. She says it was cramps in her calf at 4CC and they probably just pushed themselves too much trying to increase their speed and power leading up to the competition. She also says she is not worried because they have a great team around them (doctors, physiotherapists etc) to take care of them and they have been able to manage the last few years and they know what works and she is training at 100%. This is good news!

Of course the scary thing is that she said they didn't expect the cramping to happen in competition - which makes me a bit worried. It sounds like what I expected - she and her team have been concentrating a great deal of effort in managing the pain in her legs - and despite that - the pain can still flair up when it isn't wanted.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for news! Great to have some information about them :)
    And you know, i like they said truth. Not just like - its nothing serious, we are working hard, but how it was. I felt from the begining, that Tessa lookes a little scary before they started FD. Like she didnt exept this.
    But one friend of mine had idea, that Tessa started use her old technic and thats why she had a problems with her leg. his could be the case, why not?
    But with Maria and other members of her team, i hope they will made all right, didnt push her and she simply will enjoy perfoming there amazing programs!
    Thanks again!

16. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

My pleasure! I knew I had to post here right away as soon as I heard! I hope that 4CC was just an aberration and that they will be okay!

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes :)
    After i watched junior FD i hope all understand now, how difficult ice dance is. Papdakis injury, two falls on the lifts from canadian ice dancers :(

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thank you, The Accordion! It's nice to hear good news from their camp. :)

19. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I finally got around to watching 4CCs last night (CBC coverage). It was interesting because after they showed Orford & Williams they cut backstage to show D&W warming up and in the background you could see Tessa shaking out her left leg and then going to the wall to stretch it out. She was wearing pink flourescent coloured running shoes so she was hard to miss. So yes I get the feeling that it was bothering her before they skated.

I also definitely got the feeling that Scott wanted to continue when she didn't do the lift. It looked to me like he was yelling "come on come on come on" to her before they stopped.

I wonder if she can last another year of training? It actually wouldn't surprise me if they retired after worlds if her health isn't good. But I would imagine the ISU wouldn't be too happy about that because then there'd be no rivarly.

Side note but when I was watching them skate my 2 year old daughter came in and pointed to the TV and said, "look mommy, it's a princess". :)

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

When they skated SD? :D So sweet. :)

Thank you for report.
    You know, i think Tessa made decision already. And she have injury - all know about this. Thats why they didnt show there best at the begining of the season. They know, how they need to work. And for Tessa acclimatization is very important thing. Maybe they need to care abo this more.
    So i think they will skate at OG. But all could happened - so i only hope all will be OK with them, because so many bad things happened with T-S already.
    Finnstep is very demanding dance so.

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Here is the video for those interested http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Top+Stories/ID/2339884492/?sort=MostRecent. (Did anybody else hear a dog bark right after Tessa started talking?)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  22. rainbowkisses

:confused:
    what? i didnt see that at all

tessa sounded so....awkward when she was talking about cecs

maybe scott was trying to make her laugh in the background

23. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Did Scott say anything? Sorry, I haven't listened yet.

24. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I thing we could understand a lotfrom Scott voice. But still hope they could enjoy every moment of this WCh and its great they understand this WCh is will be uniuqe fro them :)
    And now we have what to do during this 7 days before WCh in London - a lot of speculations this was Tessas dog or Scott :lol:

And i think new article about W-P look to me similar to the ice-dance.com article about modern in ice dance :D

26. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Haha :D Well, in my opinion, dog's voice seemed "big" and so I think the dog for itself is big. I don't think they can have a big dog in such small apartments what they have in Canton, so maybe they both were in London or Ilderton with their parents? They have big houses, and so they can have big dogs. :D

27. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I wonder if they were in the same house or if it was a three way call.

28. rainbowkisses

im pretty sure they were together
    like i said before it seems like scott was making her laugh (its either that or she is holding back tears but it sounds like an awkward/nervous laugh to me - more like a giggle/exhale)
    it kinda reminds me of their SO-tv interview where tessa is like "stevie i can see scott laughing"

29. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I am quite a disaster, Pani, I didn't read anything special into Scott's voice. I also didn't see Scott looking like he was yelling at Tessa before they stopped the dance at 4CC and I rewatched that moment quite a few times over.:confused:
    The lady who was talking with them on the phone (Brenda?), she should know that Tessa's leg cramp didn't get just Canadian fans worried but most likely a lot of other fans around the world. I am not Canadian and I was worrying for her too.

Hope V/M will rock it in London. Go Tessa and Scott.:kickass:

30. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I heard the dog as well. I also heard what sounded like a small child crying in the background at one point. Wherever they did that interview from, it sure was noisy!

I also didn't hear anything in Scott's voice. I did think he sounded positive going into worlds, which is good. It also sounded to me as if Tessa's leg problem wasn't necessarily related to her other issues, so that's a good thing.

Hopefully, everything will come together for V/M in London and the silly judges won't have been persuaded by outside influences and they'll be able to win this thing. Turning, spitting, cursing as if I'd been directed to do so by Toby Ziegler. ;)

ETA:
    :confused:

Why would Scott try to make her laugh during an interview being aired as part of a national skating broadcast?