Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Go Tessa and Scott!

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great post by Professordeb which reflect my sentiments exactly.........To me and many others, they are the greatest~~~:)

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Gosh I hope they read FSU and if they only could see one post THIS is the one. You know I love both teams and can only go so far but I will say this: Until 2010 I thought the greatest dance performance I'd ever seen was T/D's Bolero. And then I saw Scott and Tessa in the Olympics. I cried then and it still brings tears to my eyes now. They are brilliant, daring and beautiful.

4. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

:respec:

i feel like watching it again now
    it never gets old for me

i know people are going to make fun of me for this comment but tessa and scott got me back into figure skating again. i dont know what to do when they retire because there isnt going to be a team like them ever again

5. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well if our beloved V/M don't read FSU (and if I were they, I'd likely stay away), perhaps someone would like to send it to someone who knows them? All I can say about that rant is that it came from a heart filled with love for them and out of frustration at *some* of the crap being thrown their way.

Just watched their FD from 2010 Olympics to show hubby who hadn't seen it. Even he was quiet and mostly speechless -- with the exception of WOW every so often. I got goosebumps when they took their starting positions, then almost cried towards the end. Just beautiful!

Regardless of how it goes down in London, they are, quite simply IMHO, the best. I feel privileged to have seen them live a few times and no one can EVER take away those memories.
    GO Tessa! GO Scott! Have a great time and a wonderful skate in London. I will be watching (perhaps with a pillow partially covering my face) and cheering and perhaps even yelling at my TV. Yeah, I'm a bit passionate about sports.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, if you started all this, i will ask one more time - did you all, who will be at WCh, brought yellow t-shirts with V-M logo in Ilderton slating club? :D
    Maybe we all need to wear something yellow too, who will watch on TV ;)
    Good luck today to Margaret Purdy and Michael Marinaro, who work with V-M off-ice trainer (Maria)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

No yellow t-shirts, but posters for free dance. Although it would be cool to wear yellow.

8. puglover

puglover Active Member

Greats posts Professor Deb. Those are my sentiments exactly. "Carmen" is a work of art. They are simply the best and I also feel so lucky to have seen them skate live and to have been a fan from their early days. Go Tessa and Scott!!

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

YAYYY! I JUST LOOOVVEE THIS POST! Thank you for cheering us up! :)

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

12. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

As always, ITA with Professordeb!

13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I hope no one makes fun of you as I suspect one of the greatest compliments you can pay another skater is that they have inspired someone enough to lace up and get back onto the ice.

14. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Great post professordeb, and yes, I did order a yellow shirt from the Ilderton Skating Club!

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Cool! :kickass: Will you go to see practice?

16. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I plan to be at as many as possible. I hate that they schedule practices at the same time as competitions. At least in Mississauga the two rinks were in the same building...

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope you will give some reports to us, if you could ;)

18. rainbowkisses

19. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That's a great picture. It looks like it could be the movie poster for the Cutting Edge #4652 or something.

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, they need to be a movie stars :D

21. Bue

Bue Active Member

:lol: Yep, I think they are getting close to that number in the Cutting Edge franchise

22. rainbowkisses

lol that picture does resemble the cutting edge poster a bit.

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

that photo just makes me go "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they're so awesome".

24. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani, thanks for telling me about the yellow shirts. I will be sending them my cheque.
    I am also sending them my first banner - the one without the lettering. They said they could use it in one of their arenas.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Greate! Cant wait to see your banner and yellow shirts group! :D

26. FreeAgent

FreeAgent New Member

Hi guys,

I am mostly a lurker but a die-hard V/M fan and I couldn't have agreed more with professordeb's wonderful post!!!!

I spend so much time reading all of your post and I admit the gloom was getting to me a little but we always find way to bounce back so I stick to this thread like glue anyway:p because it is usually awesome:)

I love the idea of the yellow T-shirt and I'd love to get one!! Do I only need to order it from the Idledon skating club web site?

Barbie

27. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Barbie,
    I sent them an email and they have asked for my cheque plus postage before they send it to me. Hope it all works out on time for the worlds.
    I am wondering how far Ilderton is from London and whether I should try and pick it up directly to make sure I have it on time.

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think you could call them and ask - could you take your t-shirt direct from Ilderton Skating Club, no?

Wellcome, Barbie!

29. Fort

Fort New Member

Ilderton is truly just north of London. Once you get past the London city traffic and lights, it's maybe 10 minutes, to get there.

30. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

For those who don't do Tumblr:

TS banner in London posted by redolympicmittens at Tumblr

and then later added that:

I'd grab that T/S banner after Worlds if I were from London. :p