Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: Its Moir's secret weapon for WCh in London

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

So he's gonna Lysacek his way to the men's title? :lol:

3. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

this will seem arrogrant if i posted it in the "performances that garnered a standing ovation before it finished" thread . . . but add tessa and scott at 2013 worlds. with it being their last worlds, in their hometown, five minutes from tessa's home (15 minutes from scott's) . . . with them having fulfilled their dreams, becoming the most decorated canadian ice dancers in history (among the all-time greats) . . . i expect it to be crazy BEFORE they take their opening pose. as someone on ff said, i'm glad they can skate carmen without music because i doubt they'll be hearing any of it, over the applause, cheers, tears. win, lose or draw, the sense of history will be palatable and the moment incredible.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

v/m fans planning to go there should plan a standing ovation for them before they start their fd (tbh if i were going to worlds i would be standing and cheering throughout their entire performance well until someone tells me to stfu and sit down :lol:) we need to cheer louder than vancouver

btw did the japanese audience give them a standing o after the stop at 4cc? i know they were cheering and clapping along but i dont remember the rest

5. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I started that thread and I most definitely EXPECT V/M's London Worlds performance to be added to the list.

I also watched their Vancouver performance again but unfortunately the camera was panned really up close so you can't see the audience's reaction which was why I didn't add their OGM performance to the list. The original intention was to find vids with the chill-down-the-spine feeling that I get watching those epic performances WITH audience's standing up but an excellent performance is still an excellent performance!

7. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

yeah it was really hard to tell whether the audience was standing up or not in their ogm performances
    im pretty sure people are gonna give me shit for my contribution :lol: because you can hardly tell if the people are giving them a standing o
    but then again the crowd started cheering louder than the music before their cd ended and the announcer did say the audience was on their feet
    so im going to assume thats what happened :lol:

8. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Yes, they did.

9. sequins

sequins Active Member

V/M most certainly did get standing ovations for their Olympic performances but not before they finished. I think it was so tight and we didn't want to jinx ourselves because we've never won gold in ice dance and at that point in the games Canada had a few disappointments and that FD inspires silence. I think Worlds again will be so tight that no one will probably breath until it's over let alone give them a standing ovation before they strike their final pose, unless of course they have a pretty decent lead after the SD(which I doubt) and skate a flawless FD. However, whatever the result I just hope V/M kill it and make the judges really ask themselves how they can deny them a third and final title.

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I doubt their FD inspired that type of applause, but their OD probably did. The level of sustained applause was insane

11. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I was on my feet before the end of Mahler as well as Farrucas at the Olympics! But it was SO LOUD in there and the whole thing was just like a crazy dream.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, honestly after Mahler TAT said - i need to stend up :lol:

I want to say, V-M get big SO after Latin FD at Moscow WCh. Bigest ovations of the day :D
    I think only Volozhar-Trankov get more support at 2011 WCh ;)

Then i coudnt say in Nice they didnt get SO. We gave them "Canada EH!" :lol:

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Great to see the Pani humour back!

14. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

15. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Thanks, Danielle. Beautiful photos!

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. Judy

Judy New Member

Since I will be at worlds this year I would feel better if the crowd didn't go nuts until after they competed but I guess marina will have prepared them for everything.

18. figuristka

figuristka Member

19. Judy

Judy New Member

20. whoa

whoa Member

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. What kind of camera/lens(es) do you use?

21. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Wow!! Dani these are simply amazing photographs. They truly emphasize the intricacy and complexity, and exquisite artistry of this magnificent couple. One hopes that the ballroom dancer who made (IMHO) such inaccurate and inane comments on their lines and intimacy, gets to view these. Dani you have been blessed with an amazing gift. I really thank you for this wonderful gallery of photos.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

23. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

24. flowerpower

Just thought I'd mention that each day on the front inside page of the Toronto Globe and Mail print edition, a special section "A Moment in Time" commemorates a significant past event on this date. When I opened my paper today, I immediately smiled.

The "moment in time" for today, Feb. 22, highlights Feb. 22, 2010, "Virtue and Moir Win Canada's First Olympic Gold in Ice Dancing", complete with a beautiful picture of them taken just after they received their gold medals, and a lovely short write-up as well. :)

25. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Pani, are you referring to how well Katia was skating OR that she was skating to music being used by D/W and that Meryl outfit somewhat resembles what Katia is shown wearing in this clip? Maybe because it's ballet and you wish to see V/M do something balletic next season? Just curious as to what it is you wanted us to "see".

26. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I also felt the costume was similar. The issue IMO is has Meryl become Marina's muse as Katia was...

27. flowerpower

Well, the Mahler free dance music was used by Katia in her celebration of Sergei's life (also choreographed by Marina).

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi, guys! Yes, just notice starting position is the same, dress look similar....
    How you know, before Marina gave Katias music to Tessa. Now - to Meryl ;)
    Still cant understand, why she didnt give ballet to our beautifull Tessa :)

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sweet memories :swoon:

30. flowerpower

I am hoping for a ballet FD next year for V/M. Tessa spoke years ago about how she dreamed of doing a ballet program some day, and it would fit in so well with her ballet training. :)