Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

WOW! Thank you :)

2. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The Montreal scene looks like the Notre dame Basilica.

3. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Notre Dame in Montreal has a different roof. The street looks familiar but can't for the life of me think of it right now.

The lighthouse is in New Brunswick (East Quoddy Lighthouse on Campobello Island)

eta....The Basilica to me looks like it's in Ontario, the picture just looks like a street you would find in Ontario. I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Peter's_Cathedral_Basilica,_London

My guess is this is it. St. Peter's Cathedral in London, Ontario.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Right, it's not a Montreal scene, it's St Peter's Cathedral Basilica in London, just a few blocks north of the arena where Worlds will be held. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, you did great job with this video. Thank you all :)
    Look, like not everyone voted in best ice dance team thread. I am not sure, did i need to this or no?

6. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I voted! and if you're a V/M uber, you might want to mosey on over to that thread and vote for Tessa & Scott :D

7. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

I just used Google maps street scene, and moved down the road from the Cathedral you mentioned. The buildings across the street "FARHI" matched the video. I had assumed it was Montreal because they were not represented in the video, considering It is one of the three largest cities in Canada.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  8. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

9. Fort

Fort New Member

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/02/18/official-not-fussed-about-virtues-legs

An article from the London Free Press, which basically says there's nothing to worry about. No quotes from VM, only from Skate Canada. (I was surprised, myself, at the lack of coverage for the ice dance free from 4CC, considering the dramatic circumstances for VM; while major newspapers covered the SD results, there was almost nothing for the FD, perhaps a brief mention of winning silver, except in a few smaller publications and from skating sites; I'm going to guess that CBC will have at least a phone interview from VM by the time they finally air 4CC, even if it is again just to say almost nothing on the subject!)

10. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I know it has been mentioned many times that Tessa needs physio pretty much every day. When they were asked what they needed to "own the podium" for 2010 VM's answer was a physiotherapist at all competitions. Clearly for Tessa -managing her legs is as much a part of their daily routine as any other part of their training. In addition, they have said that when Tessa chose not to have another surgery - they had to change the way they skated to use different muscles. Perhaps this late into the season with the demands of the programs - and plane travel to Asia - which can be very taxing on the skaters as well - there was just more demand on her legs and they didn't manage it as they well as they could have. They mentioned wanting to get home and get things all worked out. Maybe 4CC was a good practice run for the demands of Worlds and they can adjust the attention to her legs accordingly. In addition - there will be far less travel time to London!

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Dont know why, but lfpress links didnt work for me. Could you tell, what they said about Tessa? Just like in the twitter - nothing to worry about?

The Accordion I think last season and in this season Tessa did more off-ice war-ups, then before OG, where they did nothing.
    I agree, this programs is very difficult, she work too hard on and off ice. My only wish she will be OK and nothing more.
    And in old good times ice dance teams had so many secrets from each other :D
    And now this patnership work on D-W more, then on V-M, because they know all about Tessa conditions and this made them relaxed and confident during competitions.

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm not really surprised about the lack of reports about what happened in the FD; it was so unexpected and upsetting. I'm not really expecting an interview before Worlds about it either. If it was Tessa's legs acting up again, I'm expecting them to be really mum about about it.

13. m_chenning

m_chenning Active Member

This part about Tessa and Scott:

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you a lot! :)

Did you, guys, saw a lot off changes in FD since Nationals? :eek: I hope they will not made major changes at this point - just will polish both programs.

15. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new around here but have been following your thread and v/m for a long time. I am a huge fan of figure skating especially ice dance!

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Welcome PEZazzz!

Yeah... I'm a little worried actually. You would think there would be tons of press going into their hometown Worlds, but they're so quiet.

17. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Welcome, welcome!

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

19. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Welcome.........the more the merrier :)

20. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

look like the were on Sunday (this tweet from Feb 17)

22. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I hope the lack of press is due to their being in their bubble, given that they wouldn't talk to the media before worlds last year either. I would actually be worried right now if there was a lot of press with them. ;)

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, they did there best, when they are in their bubble ;)

24. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I remember they said last year that they train in Moncton on weekends.

25. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

London--they do their off sessions with their trainer on Fridays and Sundays. ;) Moncton is a wee bit far to travel on the weekend for them.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. And maybe they spend some time on ice in London in their bubble.

27. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

So I guess they have established these bubbles on all their rinks! Or do they just blow them up each time they get to the rink... just kidding. I love their bubble!

28. marikat

marikat Active Member

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

30. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

But Moir can't do a triple flip-double loop!