Virtue and Moir 25: Road to home

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Feb 11, 2013.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

yeah i dont think ill put the nutcracker because zoueva didnt choreograph their v/m's ex (IIRC it was suzanne right?)
  2. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Haha. Yes Larry did! They said "our" ballet teacher and I got the impression that it might be an instructor they both took lessons with in Canton (maybe the Ukrainian teacher Scott talked about in the Russian fan vid?) It was a great interview - I love how Tessa answers questions in such careful, precise detail and Scott is so direct and straightforward in a good-natured way.
  3. rainbowkisses

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! All look great!

So it was 3 years since Tessa and Scott become OG gold medalists.
    I re-watched this home videos of T-S perfomance in Vancouver. What a audience reaction. My favorite moment - applauds durin CD :D
    I didnt watched Mahler long time, but when i re-watche it again i start crying and thinking- could be something more beautifull then this? And at one video i notice, how TAT stand up after Mahler FD :)
    Thanks to Tessa and Scott for givining all this beautie to us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3sPuAgqPw&list=UU-Q1ZhVT2Nh9ybJq5jtNoQg&index=30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZninvTJKE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_i4FCH8C4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJt3jlI3Oq4
  5. rainbowkisses

imo they had the best od that season (well at least out of the top three teams since their flamenco is the least culturally appropriative:))

im so glad they decided to go with flamenco and not aboriginal dance like they said in their book
  6. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

It is so crazy to believe it has been 3 years! It seems closer and yet further away at the same time. I am so grateful I was able to attend both the Olympic OD and Freedance- and spending the extra money to upgrade to such amazing seats for the free is one of the best things I ever did. I will never forget seeing Olympic Mahler up close. Worth every single penny.
  7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks for those videos, pani! So beautiful.

Since we're talking about the Olympics... they didn't do an encore in the gala, right? I have never seen one, but I can't understand how that could be...
  9. flowerpower

^
    I think you're right...at least I don't remember seeing one either. Maybe none of the winners did?
  10. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vvvty-7zV9s

A throwback, but I just love this interview so much! So in depth and personal. It almost felt like I was watching one of their counselling sessions. I hope they do something similar again.
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They didnt, like all other winners :)
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:swoon:

Yes, i like this interview too and like the end :) It wasnr easy for them, but very interesting.
  13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

14. flowerpower

Very interesting video, I've never seen that before! Thank you.

Also, thanks to the person who posted Jian Ghomeshi's interview with Tessa and Scott. One of my favourites. I enjoy Ghomeshi's interviews, they're always in-depth. He did a good one with Leonard Cohen, and many others.
  15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, if someone will watch 4CC on CBC today, tell please, if commentators will have new about Tessa and W-P
  16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm watching it right now, but it's just making me upset so I think I need to turn it off. D/W are skating right now and they haven't said anything about Tessa and Scott yet really.
  17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Please, wait untill Tessa and Scott will skate - maybe they will give some information.
  18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Ok so they just showed Tessa and Scott. They didn't talk during the performance before the stop. When they did stop, Tracey explained how we saw something similar two years ago and she said Scott was willing Tessa to go on after the stop, she also said Scott had every intention to go on so it was something with Tessa. All three (Tracey, Brenda, and Kurt) seemed confused and surprised and they called it bizarre (kept asking what happened and what now). Kurt questioned the rule about not having a deduction with a stop and called it "unusual rule." They felt Tessa and Scott were on fire before the stop and it was a wonderful start. They also said after Tessa and Scott continued with the program they never stopped talking and it looked like Scott was encouraging Tessa till the end.

Probably missed some things, but that's the gist.
  19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! So maybe they did comments "live". I had hope they will explane something to us. But OK.
    Tessa and Scott talking during perfomance? They usually do this i think :)

Just read in PJ twitter.

So i thought they will monitoring W-P, but now its look they will be at WCh on 100%. Look werid to me, but if she is healthy i am happy for them.
    And look, like they didnt know nothing about Tessa.
  20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

After the last FD performance they said Tessa and Scott did not talk with the media immediately after the FD because they were obviously upset, but they played a clip of them at the PC (they both looked so upset); Tessa said she just had some cramping in her legs and Scott said that he didn't really remember what was going through their heads when it happened because when something like that happens you have to act fast.
  21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:( Poor Tessa. Injury+they want this win so badly.
    I think CBC could give more information to us.
    Cant imaging how its was sad to you watching this second time :(
  22. The Accordion

Shayii summed it up well. One other thing - that has come up before - at the press conference Tessa said they couldn't wait to get home and deal with this problem. They looked like they couldn't wait to get out of there.
    I also couldn't help but notice with this PC and the small medal ceremonies - the body language between VM and DW seems really tense. To me.
  23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In any case i am sure Tessa and Scott know, in this case Meryl-Charlie had nothing to do with what happened with Tess. I think T-S were simply upset whith what happened with them.
    As for tense. Denkova-Staviisky still good friends with Domnina-Shabalin after D-S went to Lynuchuck. For V-M and D-W its could be good choice too - they will be friends, but will not feel this pressure anymore.
    I read she went to Canada from Osaka. So hope she get help she need.
    Now just pray for Tessa and senf good vibs to the best ice dance team sinse T-D :)
    Today i re-wtched not onlt OG FD, but 2011 WCH FD. Amazing, how strong Tessa is and what a difficult things she could doing with all this injuries. Thamnks to her for all this dance beautie she gave to us on ice.
  24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. I too noticed the tension, I'm not sure it means anything except that Tessa and Scott really didn't want to be there at that moment. Ugh sucks so bad, I did feel sad watching it again.

I also rewatched their FD from Worlds 2011 last night. I love that program so much, one of my top favs!
  25. The Accordion

I didn't mean that they blamed DW or anything like that. As a matter of fact - where I really noticed it was after the Short dance and how they were standing next to each other. I know there has been a lot of press in the past about them being buddies - to me it just doesn't look like that is the case at the moment anyhow.

I also hope that Tessa can find a way to get those legs taken care of. As I said before though - at least for this year's Worlds - there is far less travel and all the support networks are right there.

The big task will be for the Olympics to make sure there is a plan to take care of those legs on the long plane trip and so far away.
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I didnt saw any photos after SD, so i dont know.
    As for tension and be buddies.... You know, the one thing i always notice, V-M and D-W parents never were seen together at competitions.
    So its maybe not so close realtionships, like between Virtues and Moirs.
    I notice at competitions Scott spend time after competitions with Patrick. But this could mean nothing.
    I only hope this will not be a war, like G-P and K-O had in 1998.

One thing made me more positive, look, like in Russia Tessa felt better, then in Asia. At least she could skate both programs at CoR and GPF without big mistakes and in Gala at CoR she was really ON.

But now i hope she feel all support surrounbd her, and she know in london all arena will support her and will want to help her.
    Like in Vancouver - arena were full of love to V-M.
  27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No I know what you mean. It was definitely awkward, especially at the beginning of the PC. At first it looked like Meryl and Tessa wanted to acknowledge each other, but decided against it. Lol Worlds is going to be very interesting.
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

After FD? I think its understanding Tessa was very upset. Scott was upset for Tessa and for results for sure.
  29. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Where are the press conference videos?
  30. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Well, that doesn't sound good. If it was just a cramp, Tessa should be well enough right now, right? Hmmm....
  31. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No at the press conference. But I'm probably reading too much into it because, like you said, Tessa and Scott were upset.

Sap5 I haven't seen any PC vids except the clip they showed during the stream.
  32. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But this could mean PJ didnt know nothing, no?
    T-S usually didnt talk much with press before WCh, not talking about after what happened.
  33. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I have to wonder now what Tessa's life will be like even when she stops competing because it seems that her leg issue isn't necessarily related to the effort of skating. Will she need her legs to be taken care of permanently? If so, she really is one very unlucky young lady.:(
  34. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

It is such a difficult situation. I happen to think they are four good people who all want the same thing and want it so very much. I know it is not comfortable now but my hope is one day (maybe some time after the Olympics) they can meet, talk, laugh, cry etc....More than anything I hope it doesn't turn into a war.
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think she could feel better after stop compete or not - nobody could tell.
    But look like she look stronger now, then she were in 2009-2010. She did more in practice at competitions, she did off-ice warm-up off-ice, she didnt made it even at OG.
    Will hope she could havebest help wich she could. And she will be doing, what she want to do in her life.
  36. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont care about this. Hope all will have reall godd friends, love ect.
    Now i just wish Tessa will be happy. If she need to remove this pressure - i hope they will made this.
  37. PEZazzz

PEZazzz New Member

Looking at the small medal ceremony for FD on fb, it seemed to me that they were in better spirits, or at least more in control of their emotions. Things looked fine between them and D/W. Scott said at last year worlds it was when times were tense that he and charlie were most friendly and they saw it as a challenge since everyone wants them to be rivals.
  38. rainbowkisses

:rofl: who does this guy think he is https://twitter.com/tony_wheeler/status/305452065533075456

eta:
    you can tell though that she was crying before as her makeup looked alittle messy
    http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/644183_4658798224239_1407407916_n.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  39. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Where on FB did you find the small medal ceremony for the FD? Is it possible to post a link?
  40. flowerpower