Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Thank you Ioana! How many languages do you have under your belt?! I applaud you.

And their commentary...what emphatic enthusiasm!

Sap5 I didn't notice his lovely a cappella until you mentioned it. This is why I come back again and again,...you guys have the most amazing attention to detail.

2. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Thank you so much for this, lovely to hear what these guys said.....WOW what compliments, calling them genuis! Truly amazing!

Totally agree, the marks should have been higher here, not sure at all what is wrong with judges, this could have been 105 or 106 easy, I have to say honestly like these commentators did their marks at the GPF should be WAY higher.

If D&W are close to them or beat them at the GPF with Tessa & Scott skating like this, well something is far far wrong..

3. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

They do......I have always thought tessahad the better lines of the pair,but I got to say that Scott is rocking it in this fd.... Tis style really suits him I am finding myself watching hm more and more .

4. marikat

marikat Active Member

5. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Thank you for posting this, they had interesting questions.
    It's great that T&S will continue to work with Jennifer Swan throughout the season.

Not only in Carmen, but in Funny Face as well, Scott's lines and toe-point are fabulous. And it's all completely effortless, he's so naturally elegant!:swoon:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The fan videos are priceless. Thanks for posting marikat and also for all your other postings as well.

Its so touching to see both the open affection of the fans and how they are dealt with by T&S.

I wonder which one is Pani!!

7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks. So my question is answered. Originally the FD was the SD and the SD was the FD. Interesting to also hear Scott point out that it was a shame they had to cut so much of the music out of the Hopkins music. I understand what he means as the whole piece does indeed have more layers. Still nice though but I imagine as a FD it would have been very very different in theme and choreography.

8. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fan vids........love them. I wonder which is Pani too. For the past few days I've had the Hopkins waltz running through my head and also parts of Carmen. I hope they will choose to perform all of the Hopkins waltz (with it's many layers) as a "show" piece. It is truly a beautiful piece of music.

10. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Where is Pani? We haven't heard from her for a long time. Miss her :D

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

She was going to COR. I am sure she will be back soon.

12. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

13. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

14. marikat

marikat Active Member

15. elle123

elle123 Member

16. marikat

marikat Active Member

17. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

In the podcast, PJ refers to a movie I watched in 1954 or thereabouts. was Carmen Jones with Harry Belafonte and Dorothy Dandridge. Very modern (in those days) version of Bizet's opera. If memory serves, and sometimes it really doesn't :), it was quite controversial too

18. sequins

sequins Active Member

Interesting indeed. I agree with the girl who says 'Carmen and polka don't really go together' I certainly couldn't imagine it. Scott & Tessa could so maybe it could've worked they always amaze us but obviously I'm just as glad it worked out the way it did. You just know if they had done the SD as a FD the 'critics' would've been out in full force. 'Oh here they go again all romance, lovey-dovey :blah:' They still try to find ways to link 'Carmen' as same ol' same ol'. But I figure this way during the Olys season they are free do do anything including 'romantic, same ol' if they wish and it works very well for them as we know.

19. sequins

sequins Active Member

20. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

21. lulu

lulu New Member

Yes they are! I like this one in particular

22. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

What do they say about Tessa doing choreography in the future? I didn't understand very well. It's around the 40-min mark.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

23. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

From what I could hear, Scott says that he really sees Tessa as a choreographer (I think Marina mentioned that in an interview too, a while ago) and Tessa says that she might do that in the future.

Oh, I'm so not ready to talk about their future in which we won't see them compete anymore...:(

24. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

25. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  26. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Loving the pics! One of them is my new wallpaper on my tablet. Gosh I love this freedance.

27. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Watched the whole fan video. What wonderful fans they have in Russia. Amazing.

28. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody for continuing to post things!

I don't have time to watch video now. Can somebody outline some of the more interesting things said?

30. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

The fan video is so cute.
    Russian V/M fans are amazing!!!!