Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

2. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

3. Proustable

Proustable New Member

When Tessa and Scott skate like they did in the Hallelujah gala at CoR, I'm not convinced they're two people - the level of connection they share is beyond peerless. It really is a privilege to be able to watch these two.

List off the great programs from the 88/89 season to the 91/92 season: OSPs, OD, and FDs. Artistic programs that use skate language in order to convey their artistry will be the heading. I'll do the 06/07 to 09/10 quad

re: Farrucas and Loudness

I KNOW. People who've only seen the NBC coverage don't know what they're missing. Watch the last half of the B. Eurosport coverage. Their first words after the dance: "I'm amazed they could hear their music by the end." Easily one of the most electrifying moments in ice dance ever.
  4. Lissa

Lissa New Member

LOL I think he is full of it...:rolleyes:
  5. Lexxandra

Lexxandra Member

6. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Was wonderful to see the banners for Tess and Scott. The Rssian fans really embraced them. :respec:
  7. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Indeed, I was very happy to see that too. (Patrick Chan has a huge number of Russian fans as well, the audience loved him. So did I, his skating was sublime.)

Among the countless banners dedicated to the "perfect angel" Johnny Weir (not kidding, he had wings and all), there were two big ones for Tessa and Scott, placed in different corners of the arena. One of them was a picture of the Funny Face final pose, in practice outfits, and it said "Our dream is Sochi 2014". The other was a photo from the press conference at Finlandia and it said "To Tessa and Scott: From Russia with love".:)
  8. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

9. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. martyross

martyross New Member

so much heart, passion and personality in this "Russian" Carmen! everything was magnificent! what a privilege to witness the progress of this work of art :)
  12. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I watched the SC fd and the CoR FD back to back and I preferred the silhouette poses they had at SC better than CoR but preferred CoR version more. Looking forward to seeing this again even more refined at the GPF next month
  13. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

14. sequins

sequins New Member

I never watched their coverage before of the Olys. Hearing the crowd is great, I didn't realize it was that loud. But I also can't believe some of their comments. I watched this and the FD and they actuallly thought the FD would be second and was less difficult than D/W? Also the comment about the OD how the beginning was 'out of sync' or something. What!?! What are you watching? Normally I love listening to them and their opinions but this combined with their insistance that V/M have a new coach this season has me yelling at my computer.:lol:
  15. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Heh, yeah, their comments are rather confusing at the Olympics. But then they tend to be sometimes.

I don't know how the assisted lift/kick that leads into the "and and we're insane" part of the dance, but it feels pretty awesome even when off. I hope they can nail it. Especially since it kickstarts the greatest section of the dance.

ETA: I find it intriguing that the dancers Nicky mentions are Moiseeva/Minenkov and the Duchesnays in his comments, as opposed to any others.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  16. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I don't watch Brit Eurosport version of Olys. Much prefer BBc with Robin Cousins who had Tess and Scott winning all the way. His comments about Mahler are especially strong:cheer2:
  17. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

18. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen it. Thank you. They seem really moved by the support they received from the Russian audience and fans. Before this they had only competed in Russia once, but I think it must be quickly becoming one of their favourite places to skate. That's good for Sochi. Way to go, guys!
  19. marikat

marikat Active Member

20. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

21. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I prefer my super hd copy of Mahler that has no commentary :)
  22. marikat

marikat Active Member

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Kudos to Russian fans for their strong support of Tessa & Scott. One can see that T&S were really touched with all the cute gifts etc. As Tessa said they had two banners in Russia and in Canada they have often have none.

My banner is ready and if any of you fans are going to Nats let me know and I will give it to you to hang up there. I can then take it back for worlds.
  24. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Yes, stunningly gorgeous both of them. :swoon: Does the red flower on Scott's lapel have any particular meaning or did he wear it just to brighten up his overall look a little?

Thanks for bringing those pictures here.
  25. marikat

marikat Active Member

26. walei

walei Well-Known Member

That's a poppy, Canadians (and I think Brits do also) wear it during November to commemorate Remembrance Day which is our Veteran's day.
  27. marikat

marikat Active Member

28. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thank God!

I wonder if C&L somehow ended up with that first version, care of Igor... :shuffle:
  30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

This is google translate from the first of the three links marikat posted:

I'm very intrigued by them not saying with 100% certainty that they'll retire after Sochi. I expect them to retire but it's interesting that they're not saying it's a sure thing.
  31. Judy

Judy New Member

I would be shocked if the choregraphy wasn't a combination of Marina and Swan.
  32. Twilight1

Could you imagine if both teams had skated a replica program? OMG! :eek:
  33. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Links to reports based mostly on the post skate interviews:

FD
    SD
  34. Lexxandra

Lexxandra Member

35. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Someone was shouting stop during the rotational. Sounds like Marina, but I'm not sure. Playing catch up with things. Can't decide if I like the FD from SC over CoR because the camera work for CoR is bugging me. Cameraman likes Tessa's eyes though, lots of eye focus in the SD and during the Ex. :) Watching the gala practice vids, getting a kick out of them practicing polka during gala practice. Love, love the Russian VM fans, not just for their vocal support during the comp but for sharing lots of media goodies to us all. Thanks! (Where is pani btw?)

ETA: I am glad they are using Hallelujah as their Ex, really loving the contrast between Tessa the seductress in Carmen and Tessa the guardian angel in Hallelujah, at least that's my interpretation for that number. :)
  36. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I know!
    It was Marina. They didn't hear her at first, but when they did they stopped; it looked like they were gonna collide with another team.

And ditto about the Russian fans they are amazing.

I'm glad Jennifer Swan's input was able to take the program from typical to extraordinary.
  37. Lissa

Lissa New Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  38. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol: It sounded like it really took them by surprise.....
  39. Twilight1

If it was the first time they saw that program, ITA that it is shock worthy. The more I watch that program the more I love it. I think I have watched it 20 times now. New fave program since B&K's Adagio.
  40. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Awesome reaction. It sounds like they're speaking French though.