Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I really really want Tessa to do DWTS or something when she retires just so she can get fawned on by all of the judges as how how exquisite she is. :) Of course, half the audience would hate on her because she would be a ringer. :lol:

Re: their looks, I think most of us took notice of them in juniors (Kalinka rulez) when they were kind of adorably awkward, so it was the skating we noticed, but their smoking good looks now don't hurt. :smokin:

2. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This.

IMO, out of all the male and female ice dancers these days, Tessa is the best one. Even when she's in a group number, my eyes always end up drawn to her, even if the lighting is bad and I can't quite tell it's actually her at first.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Agree :)

4. Marta24

Marta24 Member

hello.I don't post often here, but I love reading this thread.I just wanted to say that when I saw V&M the first time on TV (worlds 2007),I thought that Tessa was the star of that partnership.I mean Scott is great,but she looked like a fairy tale princess (and she still does).

5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Thank you. And of course I would love it if that were the new title :) Tessa should get more credit often. I can think of many other moments: the whole diagonal step sequence in Funny Face is a work of art that shows off Tessa's skills perfectly; their lifts clearly show off her back a neck lines; their SD this year is pretty much an ode to Tessa, and I can go on and on. A lesser ice dancer wouldn't be asked to perform those movements because the main purpose is to show off different body lines and shapes.

So, her team knows. Marina knows Tessa is amazing and she uses that and uses it well.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What wrong with Scott at this photos? :lol:
    so are you tired from Carmen already? :swoon:

7. Golightly

No, Pani, nothing is wrong with Scott. I know you don't think much of Tessa, but I do and I was merely explaining why. And just because we are discussing other programs doesn't mean we're tired of Carmen. You are exhausting.

Moving on. Good luck at the GPF, hopefully they are getting some good work done. Those technical elements can be fixed and when they are, the PCS will be even better: )

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It was joke. :) Honestly i am more thinking about pair V-M, who is single whole :swoon:

9. marikat

marikat Active Member

There's no picture of the month anymore on the website but they changed the pic :) http://virtuemoir.com

10. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

decided to nevermind. ;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! After i saw you posted in thread, i knew - this must be some news about T-S :)

12. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

As long as we're on the topic, can I just say that, while I'm in constant amazement at Scott's incredible natural talent and I believe he's not only the best male ice dancer of his time but one of the greatest of all time, I admit to having a total girl crush on Tessa. So, there, Golightly, you're not the only one.:)
    But as Pani said, when they're on the ice, it's hard to imagine they're two separate entities. One wouldn't function without the other.

13. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Hehe I just imagined Tessa skating with Charlie White :rofl:

I think they're both amazing and both are the best of their gender. I don't think there's anyone close to either of them.
    But in terms of looks, I feel like there are many more beautiful female ice dancers than there are really hot male ones, so Scott is more unique in that respect. :D

But one thing's for sure - after Sochi when they retire, it's going to be a sad day for ice dance. Hopefully next quad Zhulin will work even more wonders with Bobrova and Soloviev to (very) partially fill the void that Tessa and Scott will leave.

14. elle123

elle123 Member

I agree - that's why I'm a huge fan of Alexandra Paul as well, the way they incorporate and showcase a program with their ENTIRE bodies. It really distracts from an ice dance program when the female (or male - but the female especially) looks sloppy.

who doesn't have a girl crush on Tessa? haha

15. elle123

elle123 Member

16. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Completely disagree. I can't think of a single dance she got immediately beyond Valse Triste/Assassination Tango. I love her and him but she usually takes time to grow with the dance. That she has nailed it so completely with Carmen is astonishing.

17. Golightly

You are talking about her expression, I'm talking about her movements. Like I said, she tends to not show much face, but her movements are always perfect for the dance she's performing. Scott had trouble with the Latin free and short; she was there immediately. Even the hip movement was there from the beginning.

18. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Ah, get it now. Then yes, I agree. My bad.

19. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

"wide experience of performances"--are those his exact words or a translation from russian to english? even then, he could probably have meant "broad range of expression"

20. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a translation from russian, and it's quite precise. "large experience of performances" would be even more precise, so "broad range of expression" was not what he meant. Looks like he meant that they have already performed their programs this season more times than, say, Ilinykh/Katsalapov (;)), or most of the other pairs that are going to skate in the final. If really so, then it's not a compliment indeed if he thinks that it's their only advantage.

21. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Yes, that's what I thought he meant, and that he was really saying B&S have no real advantages, but I don't speak Russian.

22. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Thanks, marikat! The photo is nice, but it's a bit odd that they didn't choose a picture from their new FD. It's creating so much buzz, yet no pictures of it at all...yet. Maybe they're still updating though.

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

When? Considering they skated free one time o saw he didnt had any troubles.
    As for SD - i think they had problems because it was hard to put CD in there FD. And this dance was the best when they let Scott to be the main in this dance and this was at WCh :D At FT, when this dance was made on Tessa and Scott still cold to her didnt play well.
    And i think in latin dance patner play the main role. Maybe thats why D-W SD last season wasnt so good.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they try to do this/ Maybe they will post more photos soon.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I wish to giv "like" to this post :)

Did you saw this before?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yMVk4OcY3JY#t=22s

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

27. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: I just was impressed how this lady did all this lifts, how she move in her age. I really respect her :)

29. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Yes!!!! :lol:

30. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Well done pani!! Looooove this thread. You make my days brighter just visiting this place.