Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately skating is out of fashion in north america so the book will have to sell in Russia and Japan!

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think the most part of the rumors in FS usually was brought from TEB. So - France :D Especially if they wright something about Brian :hat1:

Morozov interview
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/297_nikolaj-morozov-nado-sorevnovatsya-ne-delaya-nikakih-poblazhek/

What strong sides have all 6 ice dance teams, who will be at GPF?
    Virtue-Moir. He is unique ice dance patner. I think today he is best male patner in FS World. They show relationships between man and a woman really well. All belive them. Plus "presentation". Scott is very strong patner, so he is able ro representing his patner. Plus lifts, skating, new elements.
    D-W. Speed and light skating.
    P-B - originality. In there programs you alwayse could find things, wich only this two made.
    C-L - emotionality, Italian expression.
    B-S - wide experience of performances.

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

So Zhulin pretends Elena, Nikita, and Tessa don't exist, huh.

I do understand Carmen as a great choice for C&L. Their last great program was another tragic opera, Traviata, and they have been skating at Opera on Ice (in Verona, with live opera singers). They really study and inhabit the characters they perform, such as in their La Strada program (which is a movie, but still). This program pushes them into another level of maturity. I do feel honestly bad about them getting upstaged by V&M. Assuming V&M and D&W are a lock for gold and silver, C&L would be my choice for bronze this year. I really don't understand what Igor was thinking if he knew V&M were using it.

I'm not even talking about from the perspective of hurting V&M - whatever to that - but from the perspective of having to rebuild as a coach and being given the opportunity to work with a team who is strong, but still trying to find their way around the big guns. They are higher profile than R&T, C&B, and C&S so you'd think he would want to do something really original with them to show everyone that he can be creative and not boring like Zoueva is alleged to be.

Part of me wonders if it wasn't just desperation - he was working out his situation at Novi, and C&L weren't with him on a permanent basis, so he had to throw something together fast and he used whatever moves he had in mind for V&M.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Zhulin? I think he talked about V-M - especiall relationships with each others and with ice. But i envy he didnt said nothing about skating and new elements, like Morozov did :D

Last season i thought they must be at last war-up at WCh and people love them. They are very, very good dancers. But sorry, not such a good skaters :)
    As for this season.... You know, who i wish will win all gold especially with this programs :lol: But after i saw P-B i wish medal for them at WCh. From another hand i wish B-S will be encourage fro there FD this season.
    Then i feel bad for W-P. I dont like there programs so much, but they are such hard-workers and they really thought they could take medal in London. And they could improve FD before Nationals.
    Then i know a lot of people love Lena and Nikita. But i feel like they have worst programs in this season. I wish there result will not be too high and they will stop working with Morozov before OG :D
    And i know, no way D-W will not be on top. So - could we have more places on podium? :lol:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  5. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

:confused:

I wonder what Morozov meant by that? Is it supposed to be complimentary? Or a putdown?

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I know he admires V&M but given all the discussions we've been having about Tessa's self-esteeme, it annoyed me to see him going on about how Scott is the best male partner, and no specific mention of Tessa other than as part of the couple. Tessa just flat out does not get enough credit for being the most elegant female dancer.

ETA: Sorry! I thought the above interview was with Zhulin, not Morozov! :lol: I thought he wasn't mentioning I&K because he was still bittah about the split. :rofl:

But my comment about Tessa still stands.

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, Morozov :D And thats why he didnt say nothing about I-K :D

You know, i love his comments. At least he said about there lifts, new elements and skating :) And from his words look like they are best for him at this moment. And he said they play realationships very well. So Scott couldnt play rekationships on ice along :lol:
    As for Scott. What could he do - he is the best. For me - best after Dean (i am uber, i could say this :D).
    You know, i dont like when Scott at the meeting said he is very bad in modern dancing and ballet. Who told this to him? Not me :hat1:

8. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tessa is the best. A bit of credit to her would never hurt. It's not like she just stands there while he twirls her around. Gee.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think putdawn. Its a game between Zhulin and Morozov. Zhulin said about I-K - good speed :D

10. Golightly

I have spoken in the past about how I feel Tessa grasps better the tone of their dances. But, oh well, people prefer Scott because he overacts. Not in a bad way, though he can oversell it sometimes.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Tessa and Scott have a very equal partnership. That's what makes them so great. Actually for my money Scott has more competition for best male than Tessa, as in, I think he is the best, but there are a number of other good male ice dancers competing today, whereas Tessa IMO is in a class of her own. Maybe she should start wearing a sparkly headband so she can be considered a great diva... :rolleyes:

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:)
    I dont think for prise Tessa people need to down Scott :D
    Scott is the fire of this team, Tessa is the beautie and inside passion. And i like how italian cimmentators said- Scott is an elegancy and Tessa- belle ;)
    And love SO much how he went out from SS in SD and his first move in FD - hot! And Tessas game with hism is so hot!

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, she won the first place in Men Health winter sport athlet rating. She is a diva :eek:

And i coudnt see who is close to Scott not even today, but in past 10 years. So, diva Scott, i agree with your comments at GPF :rofl:

14. Golightly

I'm not putting him down. I love this team, but it is not perfect. He does tend to oversell it, it is a quip of mine. She, on the other hand, gets the tone immediately. She just doesn't show much face and, yes, she should. With Carmen, though, she nailed it.

15. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well maybe Scott can wear the headband then. :D I didn't say others were as good as Scott, just that there were other very good male ice dancers, while IMO, the females right now are not that great except Tessa.

16. Golightly

People ignore the dance part of it. I'm a dancer and when I see Tessa I go all fangirly inside. No one out there dances better. No one.

Also, her lines are unique. You recognize them from afar because of her.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like Natalie, Anna, Victoria Sinitsina. I like Bobrova flexibility and Iliinich presentation - she look like small Navka :D
    All know, i think T-S in therev own league, but like my mom always talking - the ice dance team look good only with strong patner. And she said me after he watched TEB and try to see me on TV - i like H-D, this panter look like that guy, who is dancing with Tessa - he could dance and show his patner :lol:

18. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

No Zhulin was asked the same question and said that Tessa and Scott have an amazing connection and dance ability iirc. And he said that IK are very fast (maybe he meant they are fast when they are leaving the rink? :lol:).

19. Macassar88

No - Nathalie Pechalat has already claimed the magical Navka headband.

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I really think this thread should be voted the best. Its crazy how we get all bitchy and then all fangirlie one after the other. It clear to me that a number of posters here are women!

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Arent 90% FS fans are womens? :rofl:

22. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Definitely most of us are women. And of course this is the best thread.:D
    Besides the inevitable fangirling, I love the insightful conversations here.

23. Macassar88

Well it makes sense that Scott's sexiness would get him a lot of female (and gay male) fans.

24. lulu

lulu New Member

Watching their routines on youtube, I find myself watching both T&S, but Tessa actually draws my attention more, and this is all without the benefit of a headband. ;)

25. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I'd say most of the fans are drawn first of all by their skating and the way they relate to each other, not necessarily by their looks, although they are both very attractive people.

26. Macassar88

Of course, but their looks can't hurt

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

At first i was drawn away with there dancing, passion in tango OD and with feelings, wich i felt after i saw there Waltz Triste :D The main thing was after there skating i felt something this was the difference from others. And there SS was so amazing, with changing tempo, a lot off turns.

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like TAT said - nobody cancelled beauty in FS :p

29. Golightly

As for a team only looking good when they have a strong male partner, I don't know. I think you need both. A strong male partner won't work if the female partner is not also great. Then you will come here and write how unmatched they are. No one like that.

Tessa is great because, first, her skating skills match Scott's, she's outstanding technically. And second, because she does something not many ice dancers do these days: she dances. She uses her skating skills to dance, not to skate.

That fluidity you see, the way you feel they suspend time and stretch out each movement, Tessa's lines and movements have a lot to do with that. That deserves credit. Especially when she already believes she isn't that good, when she is, in fact, the best.

30. martyross

martyross New Member

"she suspends time"..Golightly, these are for you:
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/336/20121129175654.png
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9686/20121129180141.jpg

in the first picture she looks like an angel disguised as a ballerina...in the second one, she has the carriage, the smile of a real princess.
    with this airy positions she really makes a program exquisite. it's mesmerizing and she's a living masterpiece :swoon::swoon::swoon:
    we could use your loving statement for a title.. "Tessa is the best"
    P.s. Can we have a Mahler-like FD for the Olympics? >_> plllease? >_>

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.