Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. elle123

elle123 Member

I agree, I think the spins should be used more as a choreographic highlight than a technical element in ice dance that needs to be done. Although T/S may not have the best spins, I love how they create the positions in the spins to add to the storyline/choreography. Much better than teams (not going to stir the pot by naming any names) that seem to use the same spins multiple times and then just insert it where ever.

Proustable, I like "Dance Me to the End of Love" as well!

2. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

" Dance Me To The end of Love " would be a great thread title ..and an inspired Ex program
    ( Cohen version )

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. And Zhiganshina will win FD at WCh :hat1: :D

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

My vote for this title.
    But we need to down discussina little before T-S will not return from Russia :lol:

5. martyross

martyross Active Member

what a lovely idea! it was the opening song at the concert i went to some time ago. i was immediately captured by the fantastic music.. and mr. Cohen's charm.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Found out T-S site were update. Not the way we all want with new photos, messages, but with some new articles. This one i didnt read before
    http://upfront.pwc.com/talent/267-getting-topand-staying-there.

They are so differnet people :)

7. martyross

martyross Active Member

thanx.. Scott could be a good coatch. he's strong, confident and motivating. he must such a big help for Tessa when she feels insecure.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Tessa said about this during fan meeting (about he will be good coach). But Scott said maybe he will be mentor in SC, if they will need his experience and will ask him to work in SC. And look like Scott could be good coach, but, like he sadi, for people, who want to learn to skate. he know, that not all the skaters are hapy to practice everyday and coach need to push them to work. Look like Scott didnt like to do this. And do you remeber, how he said to "Orange team", how Marina start to shout, when they disagree with her :lol:

:eek:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  9. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Different people, yes, but they complement each other perfectly.

I hate how hard Tessa constantly seems to be on herself, but I love that Scott seems to have the confidence that both need.

It breaks my heart that they've felt this way. :( :fragile:

{{{Tessa and Scott}}}

10. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I hope mentoring will be just the first step. I think Scott could be a great coach. He has the drive, the passion for the sport and especially for its technical side. I'm sure he'd find ways of communicating with the less diligent students.:)

Mine too. Can you imagine them not winning in London, how they'd feel? My mind just doesn't want to go there.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

They were so robbed in 2011. :( I like them having that anger though. That's what's making them push themselves ahead.

This is :eek: as well. Those 4 minutes of skating were the most effortless and easy that I've ever seen in any skating program. Just flawless.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I have impression Marina will ask him to be hre o-coach after OG. Other guys maybe will go in different ways, but he will stay in sport for sure. And he love Marina.

Thats was my thougt too :( I wish T-S try to not focusing on results so much. And who tell them they didnt deserve medals in 2010? :mad:
    And i cant imaging, how Tessa, who is best ice dancer today, could thinking they are worst then other teams? Self-criticism is good thing sometime, but you need to belive in yourself, Tessa :)

Even didnt want to remeber that day of 2011 WCh at arena :(

13. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

My mind doesn't want to go there either. I cannot fathom it.

14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I hope I don't offend anyone but I have to admit the first thought that crossed my mind is are you sure they're really Canadian? ;) Thinking of B&K and S&P. :p

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe Tessa have strong communication wit her ancestors :D But Scott showed at last season GPF - he is Canadian ;)

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Oh Scott. :rofl: What do you mean by Tessa's ancestors?

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry fro my english i mean her grand parents, who is maybe not from Canada :D

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Oh ok, I thought maybe you were referring to them being from a specific country.

19. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you :) Very interesting. Hm, look like PJ a little angry on Igor :lol: But at the end this is very good he did "Carmen" for Anna and Luca. Thats why Tessa-Scott changed the first variant of Carmen and we could enjoy modern "Carmen" from Swan ;)
    Guys, if you will watching pre-GPF program on CBC let me know, what they were talking about. And cant wait to see T-S interview with Brenda. Hope they will be in Canton when she will come.

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems like Igor actually did Tessa and Scott a favor by giving the Italians another Carmen. It forced them to rethink and go progressive :lol: Truly delightful to us as fans :)

22. martyross

martyross Active Member

they are super-talent and splendid and skate with confidence, but under the surface even the best of bests' may be full of doubts and could be afraid of inferiority, as much as weird it appears to "normal" people who admire them. :) sometimes, being all bold and confident-sounding, almost in an arrogant way, can be a way to cover such insecurities.
    i remember after 2011 world, they said something about the importance of winning, because being defetead would make them start questioning themselves. and since skating is their life, it must be really really important to succeed. probably one of the reasons of these fears is the pressure they're under.
    the rivalry with Davis and White, imo, is really complex at a very deep level. and probably the other couple too takes the rivarly in such personal way. after all they're still so young and can be heavily influenced by what people around them/media say about them. not that all adults are free of these psychological issues, naturally. :)

23. martyross

martyross Active Member

what does PJ say in the video? how come she's angry on Shpilband? i can't load the video because of poor connection :)

24. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I wouldn't say she was angry at Shpilband. PJ and Brenda Irving talked about the "battle of the Carmens" actually being a pseudo-battle, because the main fight is between V/M and D/W. PJ wondered what was Igor's intention in giving C/L the same music that would be used by one of the top 2 teams in the world - implying that he might have known about Tessa and Scott's Carmen when he began working with Anna & Luca. She said the Italians have a nice program, but it falls flat due to the inevitable comparison with T&S.
    Brenda Irving said that she would hate to have to stand next to a super-model.:)

25. martyross

martyross Active Member

thanx! :)

26. elle123

elle123 Member

Well, we know now that Carmen was intended to be used for the SD but regardless, it is highly suspect that Igor chose that music for Anna and Luca at all.
    Poor Tessa and Scott, this is the second time in 4 years that their music has been used by another team as well (third if you count I/K using the same 2 out of 3 songs of the SD last season). I agree that it's disadvantageous for the other teams as they will just be compared to V/M and will probably not measure up.

27. sequins

sequins Active Member

I don't know what Igor was thinking giving C&L 'Carmen'? It just seems so intentionally spiteful even if it's not, and pre-planned because he must have known, even if he really didn't, that's how it comes across. Anna and Luca are such a lovely and talented couple that I feel they deserve better, because if any part of Igor chose this program for the wrong reason he is doing a diservice to them and using them but I hope it's all a happy accident.

Add me to the list when it comes to being disheartened by Scott & Tessa's comments about not winning in 2011. They are way to hard on themselves, especially Tessa. I can't believe that after all they have accomplished that they still feel so insecure. I'm as insecure a person as anyone but at some point you do have to say to yourself 'get over it'. If they lose in London that's exactly what they'll have to do. Especially in a judged sport all you can do is your best and the rest is not in their hands but to feel because they finish second that they are somehow not worthy of their Olympic and World titles is just crazy. Snap out of it kids you're fabulous and how many people will ever experience and accomplish all that they have, they should feel proud and grateful. They are truly blessed and so are we that we get to watch it all unfold.

28. lulu

lulu New Member

I think this is pretty much on the money. :) I love programs by both D&W (Bollywood, Samson & Delilah) V&M (Pink Floyd & Carmen) and enjoy different aspects of both teams. That being said, as someone who honestly didn't give either D&W or V&M much thought until this season, Carmen has absolutely blown me away this season. To me, it is not only on a different level from other V&M programs, it is on a whole different level from what any other couple is offering this year. IMVHO Carmen is the best ice dance program since A&P's Carmina Burana. Just speaking for myself, as much as I want V&M to win the GPF and Worlds, because I honestly believe they have the best F.D., for me it's almost secondary to getting the opportunity to watch this program (and Scott and Tessa's performance) develop over the season. :cheer:

29. Judy

Judy New Member

It his team is not truly competing against d/w though so no favours needed. I am also sure that igor already knew and saw parts of v/m's carmen

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But when T-S came back from the vacation Igor wasnt there...
    But all this story is very interesting and if someone will wright book about Zueva-Shpilband split he (or she) dont need to compete anymore and could by small beautifull house in Swiss Alps :lol:
    All this about C-L changed FD in summer, all that rumors about T-S Carmen look, like there Flamenco OD and then we found out they changed Carmen in August sound promissing for us, who want to read book like this some day ;)