Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

This. At least just for the step sequences.
  2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Agree. They did one choreo lift and skaters could show something more interesting, then all this 4 leveks lifts (wich most part of ice dacne teams have the same)
    And i cant get why dancers need to use spin :D

Did you read Kurt blog about GPF? I like his sence of humor. Especially this - in V-T team Trankov is a diva, not she :lol:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskat...ing-for-the-showdown-at-the-sochi-corral.html
  3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

OK Pani, we will play count the Panis at the Sochi event!
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol:
  5. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

The full video of the Grand Prix Wrap on CBC doesn't work for me. It says "this content is currently unavailable". It could be geo-blocked, but since I can watch all the other videos on the site, I was wondering if it might be just a technical glitch.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/video/#id=2311876582
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It dodnt work for me too. Maybe geoblock.
  7. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Thanks. Yeah, it must be geoblocked. Would have been nice to be able to watch it...
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

At least we could see T-S interview. What about Kirstena and Dylan?
    Look like they are now in Istambul
  9. rvi5

rvi5 New Member

Works for me, but I am in Canada.
  10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Just a few more days!! So excited!
  12. skatingfan12

skatingfan12 New Member

I know it's hard to imagine them with anyone else, but just for fun....who do you think would make a better team - Scott and Meryl, or Tessa and Charlie??
  13. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Kurt's blog on the GPF. He thinks V&M's Carmen program is unbeatable if skated well. All the best to V&M for this weekend.
  14. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Pechalet and Bourzat.
  15. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I think that Meryl is better than Charlie so Davis and Moir.
  16. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think Meryl is better expressing herself on the ice but Charlie is the better skater. I think either pairing would be as disappointing as Gilles and Poirier is for me. Vanessa and Paul's skating matched beautifully just as Tessa and Scott does and Meryl and Charlie does. Mix up the latter two and the differences in style and ability would be glaring and a huge distraction.

Which is why I think Pechalet and Bourzat would win ;) Speaking of them they would be a better team to swap partners with V&M.
  17. Marta24

Marta24 Member

I always wondered how Tessa and Andrew Poje would look like. Tessa,Scott and Andrew have all that beautiful posture and elegant movement over the ice.Paul MacIntosh did a wonderful job in giving them these amazing basics.
  18. elle123

elle123 New Member

OH, I can totally see that. They would make a stunning couple. Sorry to go on a tangent but how awesome would it be if all the ice dancers had an event where they had to switch partners and compete?

There does seems to be a bit of a disconnect between Meryl and Charlie when they skate so I wonder how Charlie and Tanith would skate together seeing how they're together off the ice.
  19. Golightly

Tessa and Charlie for me because he IS the better skater of his team. Both are excellent technically and both are simply charming. They'd do great voids! I almost want to see this ;)

Meryl and Scott wouldn't suit. She tends to do a lot of catch up and her lines aren't that nice. Also, I maintain that when forming a team you need to find a great partner for the lady not the other way around.
  20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Tessa and Andrew have smilar lines and look good together (from what i saw in Nice at Gala practice). But they practice together, when they were chidrens so i think if this will be good idea, maybe Paul will put Tessa and ndrew together, but he didnt, so he know better.
    And i dnt think Andrew have such good posture, like Scott have.
    Scott will ot need Meryl at all.
    Charlie, like i think, will skate with Tanith in pro - so will see :D
    I think with Scott Alexandra Paul could look OK and Nicol Orford.
    But i am lucky to have V-M :D
    Just saw happy team Canada on photos from Sochi. So i think Tessa nd Scott are almost there.
  21. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Do you know where we can access these photos pani?
  22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Kirsten, Megan and others posted some photos on there twitter. No T-S and Patrick.
  23. girlscouse62

24. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I would be interested to see Virtue skate with Poje, Katsalopov, Tkachaneko, White, and Bourzat. I would mostly be interested to see Moir with Kokhlova and Pechalat. I just don't think today's female ice dancers are as good with posture and lines as in the past, and Scott is excellent at presenting his partner, so it wouldn't look good if the woman he's presenting doesn't have nice form.

Averbukh did a show where all of the top Russian (and a few non-Russians like Naomi Lang) pairs and dancers swapped partners every week. Perhaps someday V&M will get invited to do a show like that.
  25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think that after Scott, Paul Poirier has a great back and is a beautiful dancer.
    Andrew is not at their level - ie either Scott or Paul's.
  26. Golightly

Something I want to clarify. When I say that you need to find a good partner for the lady and not the other way around I mean that your team must be built around the lady. So she needs to be great. If you have a great female skater, you have the foundation for a great team. You'll need to find her a good partner. That's why Tessa and Charlie would work, in my humble opinion.
  27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In this case any team with Tessa wil be great :D
  28. Golightly

Yes. Good thing we were so lucky she found the best partner anyone could possibly want. Both, actually. :)
  29. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Speaking of perfect matches... :) I've just watched Umbrellas of Cherbourg on YT, which I hadn't seen in quite a while, then Funny Face (Worlds version) and I was hit with the realization of how much they've grown - together - as skaters, in the space of four years. They were already wonderful in 2008: their ice coverage, for instance, was even then better than many of today's teams. Now, however, they have a certain aura of maturity, a sophistication and finesse of movement that are simply unmatched. The exuberance of youth has turned into the "fluidity" that Golightly was talking about a few days ago. I really enjoyed noticing the differences and they way they've evolved.
  30. girlscouse62

I agree about Poirier. Wish he could have teamed with Emily Samuelson. After all she is Canadian, and IMO she is very elegant. Just had a thought, would she have been too tall for him?:confused:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  31. rvi5

rvi5 New Member

I thought Emily was American, born in Michigan?
  32. girlscouse62

during the 2010 World's I thought one of the commentators made the remark that she was Canadian:yikes: I read her bio and you are quite correct. My bad
  33. Golightly

Absolutely. And watching this year's SD you can see it too. I find a lot of Funny Face movement-wise in this SD, not the same steps, obviously, but the attitude behind them. Very smooth, classy, and elegant. You feel you're watching royalty.
  34. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

....Right on Golightly. That's exactly how I feel as well. I wonder if we will get any practice reports this time.
  35. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel there is an air to the program that makes one feel that way. I love the music too. Hope the levels are there in GPF.
  36. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, did you watched CSOI on TV? I wish to find Boys number, but nothing on fsvids yet :(
  37. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

I wasn't home and forgot to record it, unfortunately. BTW, please post if anyone sees a listing for CSOI on Radio-Canada (SRC - French CBC TV) - they usually do a two-hour show.

I did get my CSOI tickets though; thank you Emdee for the pre-sale info.
  38. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Ohh maybe we'll get a TV quality version of Up!
  39. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani, I watched the CSOI. It was amazing. Though I was so close last year it was hard to see their facial expressions but here the close ups of T&S in their Aint no mountain high Ex were great. All the little touches I missed in the show were there.
    Boys number ,also my favourite, was wonderful.
    I was so sad that they didnt show Hallelujah at the end. Two hour show would be nicer.

Glad you got your tickets Flowerpower.
  40. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Congrats!