Virtue and Moir #22 - To Russia with love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Nov 9, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

And i find last lift interesting too. OK, maybe on TV it look different, like V-M Hallelujah was so hot at arena, but not so much on TV at CoR. cant waite to see them at GPF ;)

Could you tell how there speed and power look "live"? Who looked better - H-D, C-L or G-P?

I dont care too much about GPF results, because i know, D-W will win with huge score. This time my goal is toi try to enjoy V-M both programs, because i feel like i couldnt relax at CoR on 100%.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

The FDs this year are pretty disappointing in general... I'm really surprised that in almost every case I strongly prefer the SD. Never thought that would be the case with polka.
  3. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Perhaps D/W will win, but I don't know if it will be by a huge margin. It depends on what we see at NHK. V/M's programs need more time to develop, but the majority of the point loss right now is on the technical side. That's an easier fix than having issues with how the programs are received by judges. 3 weeks is a solid amount of time to work on technique, and as we saw in those gala fanvids (thanks, fans!), V/M are wasting no time.
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

That's so... I can't even, Pani, so I'll just ignore that. I'll just say it's unfair, not to mention insulting. That's all I'll say about it.

I want my team to win, but rooting for my team doesn't mean I have to insult the others. It's not okay to do that.

Anyway, I do not care if the lose GPF again, all I want to see is a polished version of Carmen, the best dance program we have seen in long, long time.
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
  7. martyross

martyross New Member

i'm not sure the crazy high marks of last GPF will be repeated again. i also think we may be pleasantly surprised and see Tessa and Scott win this competition for a change. you know, it often happens that when you're absolutely certain something won't happen, then it does :) (i used to think this way while waiting for marks after exams :D ) btw, as someone once said in Golden Skate, I think, Davis and White totally fullfill what COP asks, almost with mathematic precision :) , while, and here i add my opinion, Tessa and Scott have something unique that isn't required by the rules, that something that make them two artists and capture so much adoration from people :) second fact, PCS are usually not scored properly, they're too omologated. judges don't seem to distinguish between them despite the difference. third fact, we've seen the weight of the federations in the other disciplines, so i assume it's safe to presume that this weight exists in ice dance too :) seeing such high scores could make think that the US federation is behind those. it's not much a matter that Tessa and Scott are still not 100% in the first half of the season etc. etc. certain marks are too high per se. so i share part of Pani's frustration about the scoring. but maybe we should keep in mind that the extraordinary things that Scott does on the ice (since she was mentioning the male dancers) are not exactly part of what COP asks. which means, that COP is a "cold" celebral set of written rules, while Tessa and Scott are artist who trascend any rule :)
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
  9. puglover

puglover Active Member

Barring some unforeseen problem at Worlds - I would bet a lot of money if I were a gambling woman on Tessa and Scott winning Worlds. Their "Carmen" dance has created a lot of buzz and that is good for figure skating. They will be performing in their home town and we know they can hand that pressure and actually thrive on it. I do like Davis and White's free dance and last year I felt 1st place could have gone either way - but I don't this year. I think the crowd is going to go wild for Tessa and Scott's "Carmen", by then all of the kinks will be out and it will blow people's minds.
  10. iNap

iNap New Member

Rich boys and poor boys give lot off money to coach. all boy and girl get poor. Coach get rich and skate around. This is good life ;):lol:
  11. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

World's is in London. Tessa & Scott could skate to Three Blind Mice, in honor of the tech panel, and the crowd would explode with applause. How much better will the crowd react to Carmen than a simple standing O! I expect the crowd will be on their feet 30 seconds before the program ends.
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
  13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
  14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

pani, I don't understand how you are wuzrobbing a competition (GPF) that hasn't even happened yet. :huh:

Further, I don't understand why you persist in dragging D/W into this thread, insulting one or both and then getting mad at people defending them. You seem to think that it's okay for you to be nasty about D/W while everyone must be kind to V/M.
  15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Why do ANY of you take part in this conversation?

V&M have great programs this season, just enjoy that. As for the "other side" just enjoy that you get to see them skate this weekend and be excited for that.
  16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Same reason you do I suppose.
  17. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm really not trying to make you :rolleyes:
    I was just trying to answer your question.
    :D
  19. iNap

iNap New Member

My V-M get good score with Dostatni at WCH last season so I don't understand how your D-W have advantage? :rofl:
  20. coach sue

coach sue New Member

:respec:

Oh Nata, why do you persist?

If only you knew the truth. Someday.
  21. martyross

martyross New Member

Pani loves to tickle DW fans and DW fans love to be tickled by her. It's a win-win. :)
  22. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I agree about Shibutanis. I liked their program even on TV not in it's best form.

As for the other statement - I don't hide that I like both Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie, but like Tessa and Scott a bit more, and always want them to win. But this is too much. Are you really saying that Charlie is just "skating around", and that he is not talented at all? Okay, we can say that he is not as talented as Scott, but - just skating around? Really? And do you really think that Charlie has not been/is not working hard to achieve that level in ice dance where he is (okay, not the level of Tessa and Scott in some things, but still a really high level), even though his parents have money? Are you that delusional that you think it can be achieved without hard work? Or do you just want to insult Meryl and Charlie that much? You keep attacking people who have said nothing insulting about Tessa and Scott (at least not here).

About DORISPULASKI - I rarely go to Golden Skate forum, so I have no idea what you have read there.

Finally - I have always wondered why it's so difficult for some people to understand that it's possible to like two very different rival skaters, artists, or whatever at the same time without necessarily hating one of them :rolleyes:.

Edit: read the supposed terrible things that DORISPULASKI has said about Tessa and Scott at the Golden Skate forum. Not so terrible at all - of course :).
    shan and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Proustable

Proustable New Member

lauravvv, please ignore pani. There's a vicious double standard in how he/she debates and it's not worth engaging in.
  24. Alixana

Alixana recovering Oly-holic

I offer to start the standing O .. let's say we start about 5 seconds into the program and just escalate from there! :D

(So excited to actually be able to walk to Worlds .. how awesome is that??? :biggrinbo )
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  25. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oohhhh, I like your thinking about starting the standing O early. Of course, the likelihood I will be at World's is getting dimmer and dimmer but one can hope (OK health, let's get this show on the road already!) :D And you can walk to World's? You live that close to the arena? I'm jealous ;)

Well if I can't join all of you in person there, I will start my standing O at home.
    Alixana and (deleted member) like this.
  26. iggie

iggie New Member

if you want to read my blog in another language, find the section on the sidebar that says "translate" and pick your new language. the entire blog gets translated. it's a translation, so it's not perfect, but i hope it helps.
  27. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I do standing ovations really well :lol: with my big maple leaf and can even start early if needed :)
  28. Alixana

Alixana recovering Oly-holic

We'll just have to be careful with the knitting needles. :lol:
  29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Count us in too
    We will be screaming in our seats and only stand at the end to be kind to the people behind.
  30. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i would agree with standing only at the end so that those who are uninitiated or arent fans of the program will get a full view of it, whether they like it or not
  31. iggie

iggie New Member

i also had a few posts translated into russian. here
  32. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

You guys who are going to world's are SO lucky. I cannot wait to hear your reports, all the impressions that you'll get being in that live arena! I can't even imagine the energy and adrenaline. I'd be such a wreck. Clarie, I do EXACTLY what you do when it comes to watching Patrick's and VM's skates, I'm even super silly about checking the ISU scores...like I slowly scroll to reveal. It's ridiculous.
  33. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

34. sequins

sequins New Member

I guess I'm ridiculous as well:shuffle:I may be even worse but I'll just leave it at that:lol:
  35. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

*back pat ^ I know your pain so well. While I have you,...last weekend I visited the archives to dig up the first ever VM thread in FSU, and LOVED your post about how curious you were about the rivalry that might develop between VM and DW, and how difficult it was going to get down the road for their fans. Seriously, sequins, talk about hitting it. This was RIGHT after their first world's in '07. Trip down memory lane....

Also that thread was a super interesting read. It's amazing how some of you were there from the very beginning...
  36. sequins

sequins New Member

Wow okay I don't really remember but thanks. Nice to know I have had something useful to say at times:)It's nice to have watched and been a fan of V/M since the beginning. I'm often late to the party for many skaters and have to 'catch up' but luckily not in their case or Chan's. I have to thank CTV for that. For showing V/M win in the jrs. at Canadians it inspired me to go see them at jr. Worlds in Kitchener and I've been hooked:cheer2: ever since.
  37. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i have also played catch up with most of my fav skaters, though i remember watching michelle kwan grow up on tv. i remember her as a jumping bean startup to chen lu's more mature presentation, only to see michelle develop that maturity as well down the road. with v/m, i remember being able to know them just as they were rising in the senior ranks, circa UoC era. and that's a pretty early start for me. i think i got to know them in the gordeeva-grinkov forums when fans mentioned them being the g/g of ice-dance, all the more being coached by marina herself.
  38. pani

pani Well-Known Member

del
  39. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I will start the standing ovation as they come out on the ice. (Although I'll only be watching from my couch...)
  40. iNap

iNap New Member

Personal opinion not make it truth ;) What all fan like you or Doris talk about here or other forum not make it truth. It is personal opinion. If you find lot off pleasure that is good. That is what forum for. It only for entertain and discussion. Not show truth or lies or give skater results :D