Virtue and Moir #21 - Carry On as the Waltz Goes On

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by IoanaC, Oct 25, 2012.

1. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

This figure skating board talks about lots of things other than figure skating, as is obvious when you look at the forum index.

I agree that the whole Facebook thing is invasive and annoying, but the topic isn't what I was concerned about. It was the tone of your original post that was setting me off. It didn't sound like you were asking, but more like you were ordering people to shut up.

Sorry if I misread it, but that's how it came off to me. I've been around long enough to see posters get so riled up on this thread about one thing or another that they start telling people to shut up and try to shut down discussions, and I'm super-sensitive to that. If a poster finds a topic to be out of bounds, it's better for the thread if that person explains why they think so rather than just say it's annoying and they'd rather read about something else. That way more people can say what they think as well, rather than just made to feel intimidated or bad, and there can be some true discussion.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Honestly, there are worse instance of thread drift.

3. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Yeah, golightly, take a chill pill :p
    I'm interested in Scott's new girlfriend. Probably others are too. And you feel strongly that we shouldn't be. Shrug. Skim over the bits you don't like to read about :)

4. marikat

marikat Active Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yikes, didn't mean to offend you Golightly or anybody else. The pictures were on facebook and anybody with a facebook account had access to them; I honesty didn't even think twice about it. Anyways no need to fight about it, since it makes some uncomfortable or upset it wouldn't happen again :). Back to the skating.

I actually came here to post the practice pics (they're amazing!) marikat just posted...thank you.

ETA: My favorite is this one.

I wouldn't be able to watch the SD live so wishing them best of luck! Bring it guys!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Great pictures! Thanks guys.

7. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

All good shots , but I love the black and white ones ! Oh, lucky pani and ioanna !

Not long now 'til the SD , everyone.

8. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Is the short dance being televised anywhere? Can' find it on CBC or Bold :(. Thanks so much for the wonderful pics. I, too, love the black and white best.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi! Tessa and Scott change as in As. Skated FD - all judges we at practice. They huge Gorshkov and L
    Piseev. Didn't saw them today. Shibs look good

10. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Pani, i am a bit confused. They hugged Gorshkov and Piseev? They "change as in As" - not sure what you mean.

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I like how her practice outfit has the same look as his performance outfit

12. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Wow, she is gorgeous. Congratulations and way to go Scott.

Of course we all know that she really isn't his girlfriend. This is just to throw people off the trail of Tessa and the babies.

:lol:

13. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Tessa and Scott just had a fab practice. Practiced every move 2-3 times, the YP and the step sequence about 4 times in total, they were unstoppable.:) They changed the lift: the entrance is from last year's SD, the rest - the second lift from Funny Face. Twizzles impeccable. They looked like they owned the ice, although the "young lions" Elena and Nikita were quite aggressively marking their territory. Not necessarily in a bad way, but they were very "in your face". Tessa and Scott were very quiet and calm, every move was ample, every edge perfect. Can you tell I'm in awe?:lol: (I have to admit, though, that I cannot tell the polka steps one from the other, so, although they looked great, I've no idea if those damn key-points were met).
    And yes, Pani is right, there's the extra pressure of every official from the Russian fed. All smiles and friendliness, but who knows what realy happens behind the scenes? All the judges were here as well, I don't think I've ever seen so many at a practice.
    Fingers crossed for tonight, may they skate like they just did.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  14. marikat

marikat Active Member

Thanks IoanaC! Have a great time in Moscow! :)

15. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I would like to apologize as I did not mean to shut anyone up. I feel quite strongly about these things because my own FB was used without my permission once. See, I'm of the opinion that if the pictures are there, they were meant to be shared with people you are acquainted with. Yes, public profiles, etc. But I like to think people can at least respect that.

So, that's the root of it all. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or if I offended anyone. My views, however, remain. I think it was invasive. Especially considering that there are other "fans" out there that are a bit too obsessed with their love lives. It's scary.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

16. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you! Great pictures.

Thank you very much for the report, IoanaC :).

17. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member