virtue and moir #18 - ruffles and truffles

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by iggie, May 20, 2012.

1. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Subway, :kickass::kickass::kickass::respec::respec::respec:

Thank you for your posts.

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Alright Subway, it looks like it's either your way or the highway. What makes everything you're saying anymore credible than what anybody else is saying? Do you have stat to back up everything you're saying? You think Marina is the most talented and amazing choreographer/coach out there and some people obviously don't share the same vision as you, but what makes that opinion so much "absurd" that everything you've said? I don't care who T/S's coach/choreographer is, but I don't think wanting to see a contemporary, interesting program from them next season, means I "hate their taste, are bored by dance and don't appreciate the incredibly difficult musical diversity they show." Look I don't hate FF, but I certainly don't love it either; is it so bad that I hope the program they'll have next season is something that I'll love--I could care less if it's Zoeuva's choreo or somebody else's.

3. Subway

Subway New Member

What matters, Shayii, is Scott and Tessa think and have said Marina is the best and most amazing choreographer, not that I agree. It matters that the results bear out Scott and Tessa's opinion. Maybe a few fans don't count last season as a complete success, but as the goal Scott and Tessa themselves said they had for the season was to get their title back, I think they disagree. They appear to have different goals for their career than some fans at fsuniverse, yet fsuniverse blows by that all the time, or patronizes them as mind-prisoners of Marina. If we can only get word to them about what's really happening before they end up three time World champions and repeat Olympic gold medalists with that terrible choreography! If not they'll retire and it will be too late. What a waste. That's just so insulting from so-called fans, but it's routine here.

I can't answer your other questions because nothing in my post justifies them. That's just your reaction to them.

I stand behind the theme of my past few posts. Just about every prolonged discussion among VM fans on fsuniverse turns into a group of fans flogging their personal agenda for VM to leave Marina, and the facts be damned. Every single thing that happens is used for that argument, even if it means making an about face on everything someone has said before. That's what's frustrating - the agenda behind the discussion. At the end of the day it's frustration because some fans want VM to skate to different stuff, so no discussion about them is possible because it all has to be grist for that agenda. I have no problem calling it out because it's true. It doesn't matter what people want or prefer because everybody has different taste. FSU takes it to another level. Twisting facts, carjacking discussions, talking like speculation is reality and jumping to conclusions all to support personal taste does matter to me.

Why is it a problem to say it - it's dominated VM fsu discussion for years. Dean and Carmelengo are always the answer, the question is irrelevant. I object to all topics, events, competitions and just about everything to do with VM becoming irrelevant just because it's more important everything be used for propaganda in the purely imaginary campaign for them to leave their coach. I find the whole thing degrading to them from so-called fans. I'm not trying to canonize Marina, but I'm personally sick of every single angle of Virtue and Moir's career being purposed to fuel people complaining that VM need to go to the choreographer they want, and some even admit that winning Worlds doesn't matter if they don't. That's just dumb.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  4. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

That's ridiculous. It's like saying since V/M won at Worlds they should automatically win at WTT, that is unless they are being "punished". V/M are not robots, they don't skate exactly the same every time, so their loss at WTT has nothing to do with some people's feeling they shouldn't have won at worlds. Besides, have you ever seen any comp where someone didn't cry wuzrobbed?

5. m_chenning

m_chenning New Member

I enjoyed the conception of the dance: first part-"welcome to the dream"-look, how everything is strange and slow and irrational, but "We'll begin with a spin traveling in a world of my creation" (and it's really a spin), than beautiful lift in a lunge ( arching )- don't know how to describe, it's right to the music- all transitions and moves are looking angular (but for me- "it's not a bug, it's a feature")- and I like when Piper makes cool move- the splits on the Paul's back. All moves perfectly illustrated the theme of the dance (for me) ; second part- "this is what the dream about!" (what sweet dreams are made of...) - something scary, not sweet, and it's beginning with twizzles section, and than like "let's misbehave"- and again, all awkwardness looks proper (how should it be in a dream like this), interesting lift ...again. From this moment the rhythm of the story becoming faster, more rowdy-dowdy- public at Nationals applauded them, and than third part- "calm down, it's only a dream". Dance is creative and perfect for such team.

(oh, I hope I managed to make it clear)

That's how I see it.

I like Dean's choreo and how it's fit and hold all story. From this moment I'm not going to defend my preference, such legend don't need it. That's all.

----

For the record: I really like only 3 dances by Camerlengo

-Carnival in Venice
    -Bonnie and Clyde
    -At Last / cheek to cheek

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sigh...everybody has opinions and they're entitled to that opinion and yours don't bother me Subway, but I what I perceive as a condescending tone in your posts did rub me the wrong way. That's all, but I'll stop now.
    Sorry, that's not what I meant to imply in that post. Wrong choice of words. I don't believe they deserved to automatically win just because they won worlds. I felt like their performance of FF at wtt was one of their best (IMO) last season and I believed it didn't reflect in the scores; that's what I meant by stating they "paid" from the backlash from worlds.

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

The new title in the 'All That Skate' site is 'All That Skate Summer 2012' - http://allthatskate.com/2012Spring/eng/index/. And the schedule/dates are already up. The dates are August 24 to 26. In 'Skaters' and 'Tickets' sections it's written "coming soon". If the show is already planned, then Yuna's decision to compete next season won't change anything, except, probably, her own programs for the show (meaning, new exhibitions won't be choreographed for it). I personally am waiting impatiently for the cast to be announced. Until now, the 'All That Skate Summer' casts have been even more impressive than the 'ATS Spring' casts, as no other Korean skaters (except Yuna herself) are taking part. I am also really hoping to see Tessa and Scott in that cast (and in the show itself, of course :)).

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

If Tessa & Scott are in the CNE then they wont be in Yuna's show - this will be a first for them, I think. They have skated in Yuna's shows from way back when they were juniors. Maybe D&W will be skating at Yuna's show.

Actually with flights and jet lag the time taken for Yuna's summer show will be only a little more than performing at the CNE. Especially if they are not doing a show at the Stampede which they have done before. They did not do the spring show either as they were on CSOI instead.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, i dont want V-M will give even Yu-Na show to D-W. Please :(
    I think in July Meryl and Charlie will made Japon SOI.

10. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think T&S have usually been the only dancers in Yuna's show. They were not there in the Spring version and she didnt replace them with another pair of dancers - this is as far as I recall so D&W may not be there. Even when they were doing Umbrellas there was a banner in the crowd from Korean Fans of Virtue & Moir so its likely they even went there as juniors or in their first senior year. Last year Patrick did the spring but not the summer show which had a lot of skaters who were retired. Patrick and T&S did the summer show when it was in LA.

The only dancers in Japan SOI for 2012 are the Kerrs according to Kurt files.

11. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Davis/White are in Japan's "The Ice" tour in July, and they are scheduled for Champs Camp during Yu-Na Kim's "All That Skate Summer" show.

BTW, I started a separate thread for the CNE ice show in GSD so that more people might become aware of V/M performing in Toronto this August.

Time for a new thread!