virtue and moir #18 - ruffles and truffles

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by iggie, May 20, 2012.

1. iggie

iggie New Member

welcome to the new thread.

here is the reason behind the title:

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for open new thread :)
  3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Perfect!!!! Let the fun begin :)
  4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Going back to the previous topic, I think that Tessa and Scott could skate to someone screaming and still make it look amazing (no on silt intended toward pink floyd lol). The fact that worlds is in Canada also doesn't hurt. I'm excited for all the new programs
    Anyway what are Davis and whites programs? Pani mentioned that they have already been choreographed
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  5. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I asked Iggie's permission to include the url of her website in the card, so it's jogged in their memories again.

Fun thread title.
  6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks for making the new thread iggie. I was going to bring over my last post from the other thread, but it's closed now.

What are we going to talk about now that SOI is over? lol maybe we should have a vacation too until something happens. Anyways I hope they are going to be in All That Skate this year too.
  7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Is there an all that skate in the summer again? Maybe one in LA.

Dont worry we ubers will find something to talk about.

Wouldnt mind watching some of their old programs when they were juniors or juvies they were so cute then!

Besides, we are #18 today... #918 next week!
  8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

This was posted on LJ, it's a Q&A with Tessa and Scott:

Q & A with Scott Moir

You and Tessa already debuted “The Goose” earlier this year. If you could invent another move inspired by an animal, what would it be?
    It would depend on the move, but hopefully something Canadian.

If you could trade places with anybody in the world, who would it be?
    My brother because that would mean I would have a beautiful daughter.

Can you pick out a moment during your childhood when you first realized that you wanted to be a professional skater?
    Watching the 2002 Olympics and Jamie (Salé) and Dave (Pelletier) made me take my skating seriously. I realized that would be me.

The Summer Olympics are coming up soon…which sports are you most excited to watch?
    I love the 100-meter dash.

Is there an item that you MUST bring with you while traveling?
    Tessa mostly. Especially when we compete.

What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not skating?
    Be in Ilderton with the people I love.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
    I would like to fly. I mean – who wouldn’t?

Do you have a favorite performance from your career, and if so, do you still find yourself going back and watching videos of it?
    I watch videos of myself only for homework. My favorite performance is yet to come.

Q & A with Tessa Virtue

The Tour is making a stop in your hometown of London. Does performing in the city where you grew up create a sense of nostalgia?
    Absolutely! Scott and I love skating at the JLC – there is such a warm feeling of hometown love and support. It is also a wonderful opportunity to perform for family and friends with the pressure of competition.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
    I would love to speak every language! Either that or have the ability to teleport.

You and Scott have visited so many interesting places…what’s the first thing you do when you arrive in a new city?
    Shop! And people watch.

Do you have any guilty pleasure TV shows or songs that you like to listen to?
    I hate to admit it, but I watch The Bachelor (albeit, I am cringing and covering my face with embarrassment the whole time).

If you could only perform one of your past routines for the rest of your career, which one would it be?
    Mahler (our Olympic free dance).

If you could have any career other than skating, what would it be?
    If I wasn’t an athlete, I’d love to be involved in the fashion industry somehow.

The Summer Olympics are coming up soon…which sports are you most excited to watch?
    I love watching track & field, diving, gymnastics, swimming … the list goes on! I will definitely be glued to my TV screen watching all of the 2012 events in London this summer.

source

It's ok Tessa sometimes I watch the Bachelor too and the Kardashians and I'm mostly watching through my fingers too lol.
  9. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Awwww. :swoon: Does anyone have pics of Scott with his niece?
  10. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

This is adorable.
  11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Scott has that tongue in cheek edge to him which I like. He's very spontaneous, isn't he!!
    A real man's man. Tessa is very introspective but with a lively mind. I like both their answers.
  12. jdcmc

jdcmc New Member

I love this!!! He's just jokes :)

Thanks Shayii for sharing!

Guys, :swoon: I just watched the final Hallelujah performance video from the SOI Vancouver show. It has developed so much from the T.O. show I attended.

oh. my. word.

Tessa is just ethereal and Scott so fluid and gorgeous in his skating. Beyond magnificent!!! I so hope they make this an exhibition next year.
  13. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Aw, I love how Scott needs Tessa all the time (even when they're not competing!) Cute answer.
  14. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Love the drive. Also, if homework were ever as easy as watching Scott and Tessa skate....
  15. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

I agree.

Also, yes (in response to jdcmc), I think the Hallelujah program has developed a lot from what I saw in Toronto. Well, they will figure it out, one way or the other ;).
  16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No problem guys. I just realized I didn't comment on the responses except for Tessa's guilty reality show. But when I read Scott's answer in reply to who would he change places with, I was like 'awww that is so cute!' But he has two brothers and both just recently had daughters so I wonder which one he's talking about or maybe he's talking about both lol. I literally lol at his reply to what he must take with him on trips. And I liked his answer that his favorite performance is yet to come. He's so witty.
  17. flowerpower

^
    I thought one had a son?

Could be wrong.
  18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No I'm pretty sure they're both girls, one is Charlotte and the other Quinn.
  19. flowerpower

Quinn...a gender-neutral name. Thought I heard it was a boy. But I could be mistaken!
  20. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Shayii, thanks for posting that interview. And we are on another thread already? :cool:

I was going to say that with D&W's programs already set I wonder if that meant V&M's are as well but with Tessa and Scott doing Canadian SOI, probably not. A Duh! moment. :lol:
  21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol I didn't know Quinn was a gender neutral name, but I was basing the fact that I think it's a girl on something else. Maybe it is a boy though I could be the one mistaken.

Np Carmen and I don't think Tessa and Scott have programs yet cuz they went straight from Worlds to WTT then SOI and now they have a two week vacation. Actually I think everybody in Canton might have their vacation right now based on tweets.
  22. flowerpower

D/W's programs already set? Concepts must have been planned in advance. Well we will see what Igor and Marina have in mind for V/M.
  23. flowerpower

Amazing how the usage of names is changing! A generation ago, Quinn would have been a male name (if used at all), but now (almost) anything goes. And yet, some names remain exclusively female - e.g. Charlotte - I cannot imagine that name being given to a boy.
  24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi, guys!
    Shayii, thank you so much! Scott all time joking - he is funny :D
    All you saw Scotts brother daughter on TV during WCh in Alma arms ;)
    And Charlie have a daughter too. Quinn is a girl :)

As for programs. Yes, all in Canton have new programs, exept Tessa and Scott. Charlie talking about how they will work on there programs in article on Icenetwork.
    I wish T-S will work on programs without D-W and Zueva :lol: (i mean if she was unhappy with WCh results i cant wait something good from her :D).
    But i agree - for WCH in London V-M dont need something like DF. In any case audience will be on there feets after there perfomance at 2013 WCh :lol:
    For me look like SC happy with Z-Sh work this season, so will see. I only hope SC will be more carefull and will ask Z-Sh did really good job for V-M. And if they will not made this, ask them to change programs, like USA federation did all the time :)
    And maybe we need vacations, but we like to talk. :)
  25. flowerpower

I remember Kurt and Tracy expressing concern back in the GP season about the FD ("Tessa and Scott are really attached to it", Kurt and Tracy said with concerned voices...). Don't know what SC's view was. They have tended to trust Marina, I think. Hopefully they will monitor carefully and provide feedback early.
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I was wonder, when Tracy start worry about V-M FD only after they had lower marks then there friends. Maybe they didnt saw any problrms at High perfomance Camp? And then again, after WCh they all look happy with FF.
    And i agree, HPC is too late and maybe skaters couldnt made big changes before GP. So its interesting, did SC saw all programs before HPC or no?
    In my dream Kurt made them choreo during CSOI :D But this will never happened, so i could only be happy this two still compete.
  27. flowerpower

Oh yes, they need great programs. And they deserve them!

Keep in mind, too, it will be an international audience - it is not like CSOI - there will be a lot of Japanese, American, etc. fans present to cheer on their favourites.
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, but at 2010 OG there were a lot off other fans, but who saw them after V-M perfomances? :D
    And i really wonder Tessa said she could skate Mahler all her competitive areer. I mean, she didnt siad "Funne face".
  29. flowerpower

I have no idea whether Tracy was at the High Performance Camp. But I'm sure once she saw D/W's "vehicle" at SA and compared it to V/M's, she knew that Funny Face would not be as effective with the audience. Of course they avoided any negativity at WCh, but Tracy and Kurt knew that FF was a "hard sell" compared to Die Fledermaus - they made their concerns pretty clear earlier in the season. It's a shame that these concerns are necessary (because we want to see a variety of choreography), but let's face it, the program "vehicle" is very important in ice dance.

ETA: Yes, I would like to see Kurt do choreo for them - at least for an exhibition!
  30. flowerpower

Right. They need (and deserve) good choreo in the upcoming season.
  31. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Mmmm I kinda feel bad for Marina and Igor cuz they have to try and satisfy both teams. I remember reading in an article (I think it might have been you that posted it pani lol) where Marina said she wished Meryl and Charlie to win a world championship (I think it was before they won last year though). And they won last year, but I'm sure that is not all they want and now that worlds is in Tessa and Scott's hometown they'll definitely want to win there...no ifs, ands, and buts. Man we thought last season was intense, this upcoming one is going to be even more so. I can't wait!!
    What tone did they use though? Was it like 'oh they're so attached to it, that they can't even see that it's not a great vehicle?' I wonder if Kurt had a convo with them during this SOI tour about choosing their program more wisely for next season. And I do agree that they were really attached to FF, Scott even said it was his favorite program before the season started and he couldn't wait for people to see it. Aww I feel bad for them lol since only a minority of people seem to agree with that sentiment.

ETA: Speaking of Scott's brothers this picture never gets old and it's in the top three of my favorite pictures.
  32. flowerpower

I agree (not sure I'm happy about it, though).

As I recall, it was a worried tone. Don't get me wrong, I like to see varied choreography, and I appreciated FF. But it was never going to have the appeal of the Die Fledermaus choreo, IMO.

Once the season began, V/M were in a tough position. I'm sure they had many voices nattering at them with opinions of all kinds, and how much can you take on board? You have to believe in what you're doing, and pursue it with conviction. And they have placed a lot of trust in Marina (the Team Orange interview makes that clear). But the extensive reworking that was necessary in both the SD and FD this past year, and the fact that FF was a hard sell overall, makes me feel that Marina and Igor let them down. Hopefully next year will be better, and SC will monitor early.
  33. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Pani you might get to see them again, they're going to CoR yay!! And Skate Canada.
  34. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Great call! Time to strengthen their fan base in Russia more than it is already !

I bet this could mean they will do Finlandia too, given that they have such little time for changes between their two GP events.
  35. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think COR is a good call. Of course one reason is because Pani will be able to see them! The other is because there will be enough of time to rework a bit between COR and the GPF. They have to win the GPF more than ever this year and Pani may get to see them yet again in Sochi!

I think because they are consummate artists and not just technicians they need to feel their programs and allow them to become part of them rather than just performing assigned choreo. Witness the development of FF or Mahler or even Umbrellas between SC and the WC/Olys.
    Or that of Hallelujah between Halifax and Vancouver.
  36. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Woohoo! I'm thrilled they've got CoR as their second assignment. :)
  37. Sonata

Sonata New Member

Glad they got COR! It indicates that they are setting themselves up for the Olympics in Russia :)

I don't think it's just a case of Funny Face versus DF. I was really struck by W/P's Je suis malade as well. It was a great emotional piece with a story that I could follow. V/M are totally capable of that as well. They just need the right vehicle. I would kind of like them to try voidy and dramatic.
  38. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yesss!!!!! :D They never were at COR so they need to do this! And Chan will be there!
    As for FF with DF. Honestly i like FF in Nice. I like there face expression, Scott really was Fred. They changed faciall expression all the time, when other have the same during all FD. I think this time they will choose 1 piece of music, because it much more easy to to sold such FD for audience.
    And i think at WCh people reaction were more build on background during all season, but not on what they saw at that moment (IMHO).
  39. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

??? I've been confused by all of these posts. How did Marina and Igor let them down, and how is DF a "better vehicle" than Funny Face? The Funny Face FD was beaten once all year. It helped V/M win both 4CC's and the World Championships. It was an FD that V/M loved. There are many people who watched it who loved it as well.

It seems like you're saying that Marina and Igor did a better job for D/W, by giving them an FD that was beaten all year long until WTT. I don't understand that at all.
  40. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Pani, where is this icenetwork article? I can't find it.