vh1's "You're Cut Off"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cyn, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Oh man, I totally forgot about Crissy.:lol:

I sincerely hope there were a lot of edits/omissions in her backstory to make her seem more useless, because boy did she fit perfectly into that persona.

2. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

OMG, the camping show. PPPMMMLLL at them putting up their tents.

All of the parents were called in for a session to discuss their enabling behaviors. I haven't watched season two yet, but I believe that all of the season one girls had college degrees and most of them, if not all of them, had at least some work experience. It's just that they didn't LIKE working, and most of them wanted to get into show business.

For the last show, the families showed up to set new boundaries for the future and the girls had to agree to the terms in order to graduate. But in the followup/"where are they now" montage thing, none of them had really moved on much.

3. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

To follow up on Prancer's post, Laura did sit with the parents and asked them point blank how the situation got that far. She had told the girls it was up to their parents if they graduated but she very strongly suggested ground rules to the parents when she was alone with them. Most of the parents included those in their requirements but you could tell that some of them were uncomfortable with the suggestions and it wouldn't take long for backsliding.

I'm already hazing out on the details but it seemed as if only 2-3 of them really reformed. I do remember that one of them got a job selling diamonds but at least she was supporting herself. :lol: The follow ups on the rest sounded as if the girls and their families slid back into bad habits. I know they really aren't girls age wise but I just can't make myself call them women.

I thought Erica was the next most annoying person after Chrissy left. But when I saw that last episode I realized that poor girl never had a chance. Her parents had her head so screwed up. I feel a little bad for her. Still don't like her but I do have some pity.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I hope they add "sweeping up ripped-out weave bits" to the chore board. :watch:

5. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

The "who threw away my baked potato" chick is now officially known as potato head at my house. I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue disliking her the most.

You know a fight is bad when the camermen have to run in to stop it.

6. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

Erica is BFF with my friend from college, so I have to see pictures of her on my newsfeed all the time. Still seems as spoiled as always from what I can tell.

7. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound too surprising. It's looks like she is massively insecure with herself and I bet the spoiled rotten attitude is compensation in some way.

8. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I loved Lauren's reaction to that fight: "Where I come from if someone tries to take your croquet mallet that's when the shotgun comes out. They're lucky we all weren't in Texas." :lol:

9. ainouta

ainouta Well-Known Member

Watching the first season. I LOVE it! :rofl:

10. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I only saw cthe end of the first season and that was enough to get me hooked!
    I caught up on season 2 this weekend...omg. There's gonna be a season long bitch fight...defective brooms and all. :rofl:

11. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Okay...Cyn, you started this thread; I read it. I got curious and subsequently too sick to do anything but lay around on the couch. I'm on season 1 episode 3. I am more competent than these women when I am too sick to move!

It is entertaining me, but I still don't know whether to thank you or negative rep you. ;)

12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

LOL! I am still undecided myself. :lol:

13. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to go out on this limb: I don't think Jenn is dealing with the cut off situation very well.

14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:saint:

After starting this thread and being pumped up for the insanity of Season Two, I'm embarrassed to confess that I've only watched the first episode :eek: :slinkaway. Hopefully it's available as On-Demand so I can catch up - from the bits that have been posted here, it sounds like this new batch is going to surpass the insanity of Season One :rofl:.

15. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

It's online: http://www.vh1.com/shows/youre_cut_off/season_2/series.jhtml

I have to say I liked last season better. The girls were self-absorbed and silly and sort of harmless, but watching Jenn spiraling out of control is just painful.

16. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

Bah. I missed this last night but thankfully there is another airing of it in less than 2 hours. :saint:

I tried to watch it online but the Olive Garden commercials made me want to stab my eyes out.

17. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Is there some "People Who Can't Even Come Close to Acting" agency that supplies the cast for all Olive Garden commercials?

I have directed high school football players who can act better than those people.

18. Octoberopals

Octoberopals Well-Known Member

On the preview of the next eposide in Season 2, where they 'learn' to dress nicely without expensive clothes, I noticed that Jenn was missing from the line up. I'm guessing she was sent home for being the instigator of all the fights, being drunk in the evenings, & her general attitude. It appears her vocabulary is very liminted: Retarded, Shut up, Stupid, I'm not doing that, B**ch, etc.

Personally I think she is mentally ill & should probably be in an alcohol rehab.

Lauren is from Tennessee, not Texas.....although a lot of Tennessee people moved to Texas before the Civil War. They simply wrote GTT on their doors of their houses [Gone to Texas].

19. Octoberopals

The 'challenges/lessons-to-be learned' do not seem to be as revelent as last seasons.

I'm glad Jenn is gone & hope the atmosphere calms down a bit.

20. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I agree about the challenges. However I think Hanna had a lot of fun egging on Jenn and will now have to be the villain on her own. She's my next "love to hate her" now that the train wreck left. Hanna's epic moment has been whining about how the 2 girls needed to ask her permission before changing costumes at Archibald's.

21. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I'm getting the impression that Hanna is really good at egging on fights and then plays victim about it. It's possible that we lost quite a bit in editing but I'm not really impressed with Laura failing to mention Hanna's tone in a lot of the fights that start.

22. Octoberopals

Well, FINALLY....Lauren gets VIP!!!! She definitly was in her element, as she said, with the camping, horses, & being outdoors at night. Good for her!!!

I don't understand why some of these young women, who say they have money, haven't put it to better use......exercise programs & learning to eat properly, possible plastic surgery, & higher education.