Veronica Mars Movie Is A Go

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Mar 14, 2013.

1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

'Veronica Mars' movie is a go! 'My mind is blown' says Rob Thomas: EXCLUSIVE

I watched every episode of the 2004-2007 TV show, I am glad we're going to get some more! :cheer2: From the article linked above:

I'm wondering what kind of movie they could make for two million. Luckily, more money is coming in, so that will allow them to do more than they originally planned. But when was the last time a movie got made for so little? Paranormal Activity? On the imdb message boards, someone wondered if this was a scam by Thomas and star Kristen Bell. But I figure Bell must have agreed to do this for scale because I wouldn't be surprised if she was paid two million for some of her more successful movies (Couples Retreat, You Again, When In Rome, etc.).

Any other Mars fans out there? :D

Desperado and (deleted member) like this.
  2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Wheeeee :cheer2:

Veronica Mars, particularly the first two seasons, was totally brilliant. And the Kickstarter video is hilarious! :lol:

I wonder if they could swing having Amanda Seyfried do some scenes as Lilly Kane. I thought she really gave the character a lot of heart and likability despite the character really being an awful person.

3. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw this. I know Thomas and Bell have been on board with the idea for years, but I thought they'd given up. Wow! :cheer2:

I'm wondering how many of the previous actors will be interested in returning. I want to see Wallace!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I'm so happy about this - it made my day! I religiously watched VM S1 and S2 and bought all the DVDs even if S3 kinda sucked. I'll pledge for sure - too bad they only ship rewards to the US though.

Wonder if the can also bring back Sheriff Lamb from the dead. Doubt the powers and the Young & the Restless would agree though.

6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The FAQ says they've encountered some problems but are working on international pledges and that people outside the US should check back in a week or two to see if they can get the prizes.

Desperado and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I can only stew in my jealousy of VM fans, and wish that some of my favourite cancelled shows could get a second chance. :lol:

8. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Veronica Mars, but I can't help but wondering how much a Firefly Kickstarter campaign would raise...

9. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I second that!!

11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

There was a Firefly movie called Serenity but it did not do so well. I would love to see Flashforward or Terra Nova got a 2nd chance. :blocjudge

12. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I loved Serenity, and am hoping the VM film is like that - not exactly the same as the series, but still :kickass:

13. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

A lot of people pretty much immediately asked Joss Whedon that question, here's his response:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/joss-whedon-on-kickstarter-and-firefly

I'm so so excited for the VM movie. I was watching the numbers go up all day yesterday! It was a great show and since it doesn't require any special effects or much location shooting, I'm sure it can be done very cheaply. Firefly would require a lot more money.

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Got an update email from the project saying that Canadians can now pledge and should ignore the "ships withing US only" tags but the website won't let me choose any option that has them (anything above $10).

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I would assume those of us who mentioned Firefly are perfectly aware of Serenity :p I've only seen it like 23049820384 times.

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Yes, lets just say that due to some events in the movie, I prefer not to remember it and keep to the TV show memories. :)

17. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Couldn't find a thread on the reactions to the movie so I'm resurrecting this one. Please advise of I screwed up.)

LOVED it and want to see it again. Loved the cameos (I think they got everyone but Lily's dad), and Veronica and her dad, and the clothes (fell hard for the studded purse) and the kick ass camera.

Had trouble believing Logan turned into a punctual JAG lawyer but what the heck!

Hoping for more VM Kickstarter enabled movies.

18. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Saw it twice already. I want mooooooooooooooooore !!!

19. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I watched it on my Kindle, and really enjoyed it!! I am not a die-hard Marshmellow (I never saw Season 3), but I really loved the first season and the characters. So glad to see most of the cast returned. Honestly I'd love to see it come back as a series, because the movie left me wanting more.

20. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I know it's not the same thing as seeing it on screen, but Rob Thomas is continuing the story through books, with the first one "Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line" just coming out. I like it already for the title alone. :)

21. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

I liked the movie, though it felt like another episode, rather than an actual film. Hey ho:)