Vera Wang and Lysachek Living together

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Iceman, Jul 18, 2012.

1. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Says the schoolmarm scolding complete strangers because she brought her own negative nelly interpretation to their comments. :rolleyes:

2. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

:rolleyes:
    Wow what an intelligent and well thought out response to my clarification on Peter G's question.
    And it was hardly an " interpretation" the comments while some were in jest, others were clearly snarky, speculative and bitchy.
    It is just so easy to leave bitchy comments and snap judgements on the Internet because there are virtually no consequences. And I just think in general people should just be more careful and considerate.
    Perhaps I should have phrased my initial comments in a less accusatory tone. I was reactong instead of responding.But at least Peter G and another poster had the decency to respect or inquire where I was coming from.

3. brightphoton

brightphoton New Member

"Be nice! You are bitchy, not like me."

4. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Huh? What does that even mean. Clearly I took responsibility for my initial response. And yet you continue to snark back. I also don't think I WAS being bitchy but angry and frustrated and disappointed. But if you don't want to have a discussion and would rather just snark then fine. Snark to your hearts content.:rofl:

5. Terri C

Terri C New Member

That was my thought when I first heard about this, but Evan's a bit skinny himself. Made me wonder if they keep food in the house!

:slinkaway

6. berthesghost

oohhh.... Bitchy sarcasm and a put down! What better way to top a Debby downer kill joy scold post than insulting someone? But i guess its ok to be rude to me because im not a public figure who will most probably never read the comment, I'm just a fellow member of the same small group. You really are making the Internet a better place all by yourself aren't you. :lol:
    this:
    one man's "lighthearted joke" is another man's "offensive remark" and often it just depends on ones mood at the time.

So.. To recap: making a joke about a super thin celebrity needing to eat more pizza = destructive behavior. Directly insulting the intelligence of a fellow posters comments = savior of the www. Got it. :lol:

7. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

how long til the season starts already?

8. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

9. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Ah, kneejerk posting. I believe I did that once! :shuffle:

:slinkaway

:D

22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

plus 31 for August, plus

30 for September as well as

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6

oh crap i just lost count

:mad:

10. falling_dance

falling_dance Happy for Kozuka, Sad for D. Murakami

31 days until JGP Courchevel.

67 days until Nebelhorn.

76 days until the Japan Open.

89 days until Skate America.

565 days until the Opening Ceremony at Sochi.

11. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you, that's great! Makes it easier to count. As long as ISU channel keep supplying us with Junior videos, the wait does not seem so bad.

12. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Sniff, … yep past it’s sell-by-date. (No offence intended of course to Evan or Vera, or to anyone else in the universe for that matter). ;)

Upon reflection, I think merely deciding to read any message board on the Internet, much less gathering up the gumption to post your earnest or less than earnest generally reactionary or let’s say more or less passionate thoughts is stepping out on the edge, skirting a fine line, setting yourself up for derision/ embarrassment/ regret, and perhaps for vanity, pride, or malicious glee, which ultimately and inevitably may lead to either dismay, regret, satisfaction in sharing your thoughts with receptive listeners, learning something new if perchance you are open to it, or perhaps puffing yourself up and gloating, or shaking your head up-and-down or side-to-side, or holding your head in your hands, but never, no never changing anyone else’s mind. It’s always fun tho’ when there is a chance for pure laughter and release of pent-up thoughts and emotions. Beware that disagreements will be rife and total agreements few and far between.

Hey but stand your ground with a stiff upper lip, a twinkle in your eye and a dimple in your cheek, or mayhap a Poker Face (muh muh muh mah). Whatever, just be prepared, able and willing to weather the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Pardon that bit of kleptomania on my part. :shuffle: Ahem, in other words, errrm ... the words of Kenny Rogers (as written by Lorenz Hart & Richard Rodgers) to be exact:

Ya gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em
    Know when to walk away, and know when to run
    :scream:

The Internet is a wasteland, perhaps a prime example of The Waste Land as described and immortalized bv T.S. Eliot, saith I the redundantly garrulous and verbose :p philosophizer. ;)

Sigh, I’m too antsy and excited to count the days. Please let it be a wonderful season with sublime returns, building up to even greater gains to come?

Thank you. :cool:

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  13. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Maybe FSU should send them nightly pizzas!

Probably they eat rice cakes on the couch and laugh at how pissed of this makes Johnny Weir, who probably is laughing back at them.

Actually, I hope both Evan and Johnny are getting good nutrition and are ready to compete with the young'uns this fall. I still think they are the best two Olympic-eligible men we've got.

14. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

He does have the best roomate ever. As long as she doesnt walk around naked. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Hey chantilly (if you're still within sniffing distance), I was just wonderin' whether your user name might be inspired by this sweet little ditty (this is NOT a "snark" or dig, btw -- IOW, no offence or offense intended). :)

Chantilly lace and a pretty face
    And a pony tail hangin' down
    A wiggle in the walk and a giggle in the talk
    Make the world go 'round.

16. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

And I thought it was maybe inspired by this, or this :D

As for walking around naked, it's better to have Wang as a room mate than Mishin for instance. All is always relative...

17. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

18. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

19. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

20. berthesghost

21. MichelleTodd

MichelleTodd Active Member

But it's a black wife beater! :rofl:

22. Jasmar

Jasmar Active Member

My old partner/judge friend sent this text Saturday night:

"SV show a bust except for Lysacek and Wagner. Ashley - 2A and 3F; and Evan 3Lz, 3F, and 3T"

Sounds like he hit what he was intending to. No other details.

23. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Thank you for the information.

24. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

With no sequins either...