Vera Wang and Lysachek Living together

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Iceman, Jul 18, 2012.

1. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Not coping. I need to watch THE GRADUATE again just to recover.
  2. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

Or "Harold and Maude." (OK, Vera's not THAT old! Evan's not that young, either. But it's a good movie.)
  3. essence_of_soy

Loved Harold and Maude. Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort were great. It's one of my cult favourites.
  4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

"Harold and Maude" played in a movie theater in St. Paul or Minneapolis for several years in the 70's. My college roommate, who was from St. Paul, told me about seeing it regularly.
  5. The Fly On The Wall

The Fly On The Wall Active Member

Yeah, I thought maybe she needed a friend to be with her to support her (emotionally, not financially) during her divorce. Not everything is about sex.
  6. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

7. essence_of_soy

True.

If Evan's a good friend, he'll dial Vera a pizza. Not try to bed her.

That girl is too thin!
  8. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

It's tag rugby. Not nearly as tough as proper rugby.
  9. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

just because some of you can not imagine being involved in that type of relationship or you think it is gross or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean that it is for them. Speculation over sexual involvement, who is gay or who isn't, what the possible benefits for Evan is, whether or not Vera needs a sandwich is really none of our business. Evan as the OGM does not owe us anything.

I am guessing that they could be laughing hysterically over all this speculation and what people say is a yuck factor.
    skatemomaz and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

IMHO he's unattractively thin too. They'll probably eat a pea a week, between them.
    AnnMJensen and (deleted member) like this.
  11. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Eek! I switched the Evan/Sasha roomie situation. That's what I get for trying to squeeze in a lil' FSU time during one of the breaks of The Dark Knight Trilogy at the movies last night. :drama:
  12. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Honestly and quite frankly.
    After reading many comments on this thread about him being gay or not gay. The specialness of their relationship, the both of them being too thin etc is nauseating to say the least.
    I know some of you think it is all in fun but honestly I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    The Internet is just a place for negativity, hate and hyperbole.
  13. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

chantilly, do you think it's bad that we think someone might be gay or that we feel someone is (too) thin? Or is that okay and it's the way we phrase ourselves?
  14. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Awww, not even a protein shake or two?
  15. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I say pish posh on the Harold and Maude comparison because neither of them has the specialness that it takes to tool around in a hearse.
  16. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

God no. It is just the catty tone of most of the posts making assumptions based on what their first had knowledge of these people? That is is a sham relationship. She is a beard etc. and the thin comment was meant as an insult.
    I am just finding the Internet so disheartening and exhausting to read. I basically am having the same reaction you had to the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise divorce.
    None of us know these people so we can't talk with any authority on who they are, the nature of their relationships or sexual preference. It just seems gossipy and destructive on the whole.
  17. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

FWIW, my next door neighbors have a hearse. They are SO NOT special. :p
    Now, if I saw one of them trying to rescue a tree from the inner city, that would be a hearse of a different color.
  18. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

A hearse is a hearse of cearse of cearse but not everyone can drive a hearse of cearse.
    gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

chantilly, most Internet msg boards are a black hole -- that's the reality. Why not try going cold turkey, if you can. I've often thought about attempting that myself. But the "at" part usually falls away, and I'm left with "tempting." :p In any case, it is also true that there are places on the Internet where you can enjoy talking with people who share your interests. You can find lots of engaging and informative threads here on FSU. For the threads that bother or offend, making your feelings known is a good thing, but better perhaps not to open, if there is even a hint of the possibility of "scandalous" commentary that you don't wish to read, eh?

While I might not agree with the tone or content of everything in this thread, for the most part it is just lighthearted fun. Some of us are making fun of ourselves here too. ;) And quite a few posters are very supportive of the fact that what Evan and Vera do and share together (whether they are just BFF or more deeply involved) is their own business. The fact that they are friends has never been a secret. I think it's great to find someone you are sympatico with, and who cares what anyone else thinks or speculates or jokes about.

Sure this thread may be past it's sell by date, but ya know, go ahead and take a few more sips at your own risk.
  20. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I guess it's tough to know when to joke about something is okay and how far is too far. I've been the one who has gone too far (quite possibly often) and other times been unhappy with other who did the same! :shuffle:

I think some of the joking in this thread is that people think that Evan is gay and if other skaters could be openly gay, why can't Lysacek? To me, I've always thought it should be up to each individual when they want to come out, not for others to tell them it's safe and just get on with it.
    Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  21. berthesghost

berthesghost New Member

Says the schoolmarm scolding complete strangers because she brought her own negative nelly interpretation to their comments. :rolleyes:
  22. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

:rolleyes:
    Wow what an intelligent and well thought out response to my clarification on Peter G's question.
    And it was hardly an " interpretation" the comments while some were in jest, others were clearly snarky, speculative and bitchy.
    It is just so easy to leave bitchy comments and snap judgements on the Internet because there are virtually no consequences. And I just think in general people should just be more careful and considerate.
    Perhaps I should have phrased my initial comments in a less accusatory tone. I was reactong instead of responding.But at least Peter G and another poster had the decency to respect or inquire where I was coming from.
  23. brightphoton

brightphoton New Member

"Be nice! You are bitchy, not like me."
  24. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Huh? What does that even mean. Clearly I took responsibility for my initial response. And yet you continue to snark back. I also don't think I WAS being bitchy but angry and frustrated and disappointed. But if you don't want to have a discussion and would rather just snark then fine. Snark to your hearts content.:rofl:
  25. Terri C

Terri C New Member

That was my thought when I first heard about this, but Evan's a bit skinny himself. Made me wonder if they keep food in the house!

:slinkaway
  26. berthesghost

berthesghost New Member

oohhh.... Bitchy sarcasm and a put down! What better way to top a Debby downer kill joy scold post than insulting someone? But i guess its ok to be rude to me because im not a public figure who will most probably never read the comment, I'm just a fellow member of the same small group. You really are making the Internet a better place all by yourself aren't you. :lol:
    this:
    one man's "lighthearted joke" is another man's "offensive remark" and often it just depends on ones mood at the time.

So.. To recap: making a joke about a super thin celebrity needing to eat more pizza = destructive behavior. Directly insulting the intelligence of a fellow posters comments = savior of the www. Got it. :lol:
  27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

how long til the season starts already?
  28. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

29. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Ah, kneejerk posting. I believe I did that once! :shuffle:

:slinkaway

:D

22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

plus 31 for August, plus

30 for September as well as

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6

oh crap i just lost count

:mad:
  30. falling_dance

falling_dance Well-Known Member

31 days until JGP Courchevel.

67 days until Nebelhorn.

76 days until the Japan Open.

89 days until Skate America.

565 days until the Opening Ceremony at Sochi.
  31. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you, that's great! Makes it easier to count. As long as ISU channel keep supplying us with Junior videos, the wait does not seem so bad.
  32. aftershocks

Sniff, … yep past it’s sell-by-date. (No offence intended of course to Evan or Vera, or to anyone else in the universe for that matter). ;)

Upon reflection, I think merely deciding to read any message board on the Internet, much less gathering up the gumption to post your earnest or less than earnest generally reactionary or let’s say more or less passionate thoughts is stepping out on the edge, skirting a fine line, setting yourself up for derision/ embarrassment/ regret, and perhaps for vanity, pride, or malicious glee, which ultimately and inevitably may lead to either dismay, regret, satisfaction in sharing your thoughts with receptive listeners, learning something new if perchance you are open to it, or perhaps puffing yourself up and gloating, or shaking your head up-and-down or side-to-side, or holding your head in your hands, but never, no never changing anyone else’s mind. It’s always fun tho’ when there is a chance for pure laughter and release of pent-up thoughts and emotions. Beware that disagreements will be rife and total agreements few and far between.

Hey but stand your ground with a stiff upper lip, a twinkle in your eye and a dimple in your cheek, or mayhap a Poker Face (muh muh muh mah). Whatever, just be prepared, able and willing to weather the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Pardon that bit of kleptomania on my part. :shuffle: Ahem, in other words, errrm ... the words of Kenny Rogers (as written by Lorenz Hart & Richard Rodgers) to be exact:

Ya gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em
    Know when to walk away, and know when to run
    :scream:

The Internet is a wasteland, perhaps a prime example of The Waste Land as described and immortalized bv T.S. Eliot, saith I the redundantly garrulous and verbose :p philosophizer. ;)

Sigh, I’m too antsy and excited to count the days. Please let it be a wonderful season with sublime returns, building up to even greater gains to come?

Thank you. :cool:
    dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  33. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Maybe FSU should send them nightly pizzas!

Probably they eat rice cakes on the couch and laugh at how pissed of this makes Johnny Weir, who probably is laughing back at them.

Actually, I hope both Evan and Johnny are getting good nutrition and are ready to compete with the young'uns this fall. I still think they are the best two Olympic-eligible men we've got.
  34. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

He does have the best roomate ever. As long as she doesnt walk around naked. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  35. aftershocks

Hey chantilly (if you're still within sniffing distance), I was just wonderin' whether your user name might be inspired by this sweet little ditty (this is NOT a "snark" or dig, btw -- IOW, no offence or offense intended). :)

Chantilly lace and a pretty face
    And a pony tail hangin' down
    A wiggle in the walk and a giggle in the talk
    Make the world go 'round.
  36. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

And I thought it was maybe inspired by this, or this :D

As for walking around naked, it's better to have Wang as a room mate than Mishin for instance. All is always relative...
  37. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

38. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

39. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

40. berthesghost

berthesghost New Member