Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by arakwafan2006, Apr 22, 2012.

1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

Am I the only one that watches their skating with the “sniffing doo doo” face? I like the idea of them as a pair but they make so many mistakes and are still always in the top which annoys me. I will say that he lifts her like she’s his baby daughter and not a grown woman. The lifts are nice… I just really know that I am watching ice skating when I see them; the act of skating on ice with an 1/8th of an inch blade and trying to do difficult tricks. They have no chemistry between each other. It looks as if two people got a dossier of elements and are filling in for two different skaters. Her blade skills are under developed (See Katia Gordeeva for amazing edges in a female pairs skater) and she jumps like a rookie. He skates like he just took his butcher apron off and changed into lycra… they relate poorly to one another and it does not matter at all what music is playing as they do not capture the mood or essence of it anyway. Pairing her to him seems like a last ditch effort to give him a career. I would almost like to see her do a Yankowskas move. Take time off, improve her skating and find a man that matches her elegance.

Am I alone?

2. arakwafan2006

I failed to give them credit about one thing they are one of the best at.. that split 3 twist is in a league of its own.

3. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I find them boring..

4. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I find her pretty though.

5. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I have dirty thoughts about him. :shuffle:

6. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

part of me thinks its reputation, they have been together for a while
    and their records not that shabby either, they are one of the more stable pairs partnership wise and they are actually in a relationship :shuffle:

I just find out they were junior grandprix gold medslist and junior world silver
    but had a year off for disqualification from his doping :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Bazarova

7. arakwafan2006

Their roughness around the edges has not gotten any better and their mistakes are plentious... They are so the example of two skaters who never had strong singles skills who were told "hey... skate pairs... all ya need is a triple toe."

8. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

After reading Arakawa2006's post I thought the posts was describing D/C. Bazarova/Larionov have lot more good points than what the poster described, she hits wonderful lift position, the best twist among the seniors, great spiral and a very good death spiral, with decent spins. When she lands her throws she usually has good running edge. This all adds up to huge +GOE. Their problem has been SBS jumps, both synchronisation and rotation of the jump. This season she has started rotating the jump and have got somewhat better at synchronisation, but during pressure situation this is where the problem comes.

They have yet to learn to relate to each other, so they definitely need better packaging. I don't think they will ever get to the top, but they are not that bad as you described the arakawa2006. I think lack of chemistry is her problem rather than his, she is very stoic in her facial expression (or lack off expression).

I think they improved a bit this year, hopefully they will progress further. Saying that I hope they get replaced by Martyusheva/Rogonov as russian no.3.

We are yet to a single program from them, so i don't know how you are assuming them to do better, especially since he was the weak link in his last partnership. I hope he will throw Yankowskas instead of she having to jump on her own during the rows. Anyway i very excited to see her back, even though i am not sure whether he is the right choice for her.

9. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I don't like to participate in bash threads, so I will stay away from this one.

10. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

:respec:

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

From my side as well: :respec:

12. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

13. love_skate2011

You think Yuri Larionov is HOT ? :confused:

14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think top teams are too afraid to switch coaches and repackage themselves. B/L have a great coach but I think they have outgrown her or are in need of a change. I think K/S need to change coaches as well, some teams just get stagnant and need to find new energy. I can see why some skaters would be afraid to do that but sometimes it's also necessary to advance.

15. love_skate2011

^

I disagree with K/S, they have definitely improved over the years
    and Moskvina can definitely give them more, aside from their recent bad Worlds result because of their recent injuries other than that, they are still contenders for the Olympics , so I see no reason for them to switch coaches.

B/L too have improved and that is just 3 seasons from having a whole year off from disqualification and penalty, they just need to be consistent on their SBS
    they are not that total headcases as others have pointed out.

16. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Both teams have improved but after a while they get stagnant. B/L are great skaters but boring to watch and need repackaging not even Zueva's choreography makes them look better. As for K/S they need someone who will make them better and not ignore their faults like that awful twist. They need better lifts and new jump combinations. Not someone who rest on their laurels.

17. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

I think you chose the wrong team to bash for skating skills. Check Chinese teams. Seriously B/L is not the biggest evil in pairs skating now.

Domshabfan and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

If the lights were off... my hands have a great imagination.

19. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

THIS!!!! For ages I didn't realise why i was drawn tho their skating and then at Europeans I realised it has nothing to do with their skating and everything to do with the fact I think he is :grope::swoon:

ETA: and i'd keep the lights on :shuffle:

20. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I want to take her out to an all you can eat donut buffet.